Golf mk8 R order thread - post your order details!

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And here she is! What a beast! She come with Hankooks (no PP) literally in love! 

Collected earlier on this afternoon.   Top drawer service from VW Stockport I have to say! There were a few people actually waiting for it to be driven out and a couple came over to tell me

😉

Posted Images

8 hours ago, mek said:

So I'm new to this forum, as indeed I will be to Golf R ownership very soon! I've just placed my order for the R in white, with the leather seat upgrade and sunroof. I was completely torn over the performance pack, but opted against it in the end on the grounds of cost - a decision I'm coming to doubt more each time I look at the photos in the members' rides section of this forum. One of the things I was wondering in fact was whether VW tend to offer the performance pack as a retrofit after purchasing, if I come to my senses later down the line?

For those interested, and like many others, I placed my order through a broker - Motorfinity - who gave the most sizeable discount among those that I looked at, though it's worth noting that only those from certain professions can place orders with them. I should be collecting the car in July according to the broker, which was a surprise given my local VW dealer original quoted 28 weeks + when I inquired - I suppose this comes down to differing availability within dealers' allocations.

Welcome along!   Congratulations on your order.  Going by the mk7.5 R, which could be specced with a Performance Pack, that was never offered as as retrofit option by VW so probably the mk8 would be the same although you never know.  

Sounds like you were able to secure a good deal on your 8R. It all helps!  

9 hours ago, mek said:

So I'm new to this forum, as indeed I will be to Golf R ownership very soon! I've just placed my order for the R in white, with the leather seat upgrade and sunroof. I was completely torn over the performance pack, but opted against it in the end on the grounds of cost - a decision I'm coming to doubt more each time I look at the photos in the members' rides section of this forum. One of the things I was wondering in fact was whether VW tend to offer the performance pack as a retrofit after purchasing, if I come to my senses later down the line?

For those interested, and like many others, I placed my order through a broker - Motorfinity - who gave the most sizeable discount among those that I looked at, though it's worth noting that only those from certain professions can place orders with them. I should be collecting the car in July according to the broker, which was a surprise given my local VW dealer original quoted 28 weeks + when I inquired - I suppose this comes down to differing availability within dealers' allocations.

Nice one! Welcome to the forum! 

I tried Motor Finity too (Armed Forces) but the process was not user friendly at all using the website and when I tried calling them I couldnt get through. So opted to use DTD again which was quick and easy with no stress.  

James at Medway told me yesterday that mine was due to be built in June..... didnt tell me an exact build date, so either he didnt want to say an exact week just incase me adding the winter pack shuffles things or whether he his just going off his original 20 week estimate is anyones guess. Tracker still at S2 anyway. 

15 minutes ago, JaseW said:

James at Medway told me yesterday that mine was due to be built in June..... didnt tell me an exact build date, so either he didnt want to say an exact week just incase me adding the winter pack shuffles things or whether he his just going off his original 20 week estimate is anyones guess. Tracker still at S2 anyway. 

About half a dozen of us had week 16 confirmed as build week at the end of last week which was 12,based on this for a week 20 build I'd expect your tracker to change from Stage 2 in a little over 3 weeks time.

I know only too well how frustrating it is waiting for the tracker to say stage 3,I emailed James(Medway) at the start of each week for a build week and once it stopped getting pushed back and stuck at week 16 I knew I was in with a chance of that being my confirmed week.

About half a dozen of us had week 16 confirmed as build week at the end of last week which was 12,based on this for a week 20 build I'd expect your tracker to change from Stage 2 in a little over 3 weeks time.
I know only too well how frustrating it is waiting for the tracker to say stage 3,I emailed James(Medway) at the start of each week for a build week and once it stopped getting pushed back and stuck at week 16 I knew I was in with a chance of that being my confirmed week.

Yeh I thought I might have a tracker change by end of April. Good that someone is along the same train of thought too.

I’m in no rush so happy for it to change as and when it does to be honest. (At the mo..... )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
7 minutes ago, JaseW said:

Yeh I thought I might have a tracker change by end of April. Good that someone is along the same train of thought too.

I’m in no rush so happy for it to change as and when it does to be honest. (At the mo..... emoji38.png)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought I was in no rush either until a few people had their builds brought forward then I became rather impatient,I have still not seen a new 8R on the roads or in a dealer forecourt which is probably a blessing as this would certainly have increased my frustration.

I hope your build week does go to plan,horrible when it gets pushed back numerous times.At least from the feed back from members on here the cars sound outstanding and well worth the wait.

Hi 👋 New to the forum 😀Ordered on 17th March - still ‘order is being processed’ but was told 16-20 weeks (think this was more a guess?) 

Black 

Leather 

Estoril’s

Sunroof

Winter pack 

Digital key prep 

Rear camera 

Park assist 

Front and rear UTR

Can’t wait.. only thing that bugs me a little is, it does look like VW have cut cost on a few things.  For example, the cup holders.  I currently have the Tiguan R line and that has a nice slider across the top.  It also has a gas lifted bonnet.  Minor things but seems a bit cheap to not have these on a 40k plus car?  

One question I can’t seem to get a definitive answer to?? Is it possible, with the standard discovery media, to have the navigation behind the steering wheel?  I love this feature on my Tiguan. 

6 minutes ago, Sas0875 said:

One question I can’t seem to get a definitive answer to?? Is it possible, with the standard discovery media, to have the navigation behind the steering wheel?  I love this feature on my Tiguan. 

People that have already got their car have confirmed you can put the nav on the dash but not both screens at the same time with the standard media system. 

Welcome along! :)  Lovely spec car you've ordered there.  

Yes a few cost cutting things but the money invested into the chassis and drivetrain is worth a few dips in interior quality and a gas bonnet strut ime.  

To answer your question about navigation on the dash, yes you can have it with standard nav.  Have a look at this post of it working on mine, and on how to achieve it. Easily done. 

https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/38871-8r-operational-tips-and-tricks/?do=findComment&comment=578885

1 hour ago, Booth11 said:

Welcome along! :)  Lovely spec car you've ordered there.  

Yes a few cost cutting things but the money invested into the chassis and drivetrain is worth a few dips in interior quality and a gas bonnet strut ime.  

To answer your question about navigation on the dash, yes you can have it with standard nav.  Have a look at this post of it working on mine, and on how to achieve it. Easily done. 

https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/38871-8r-operational-tips-and-tricks/?do=findComment&comment=578885

Agreed, they are very very minor gripes.  

Thanks for sharing the link and confirming it can be done 👍👍

5 hours ago, JaseW said:

Nice one! Welcome to the forum! 

I tried Motor Finity too (Armed Forces) but the process was not user friendly at all using the website and when I tried calling them I couldnt get through. So opted to use DTD again which was quick and easy with no stress.  

Thanks Jase! I gather they're quite a small operation in terms of number of staff, and you're right their website isn't hugely useful. So far my experience with them has been fine, but perhaps I'll report back at the end of the process when I've (finally) taken delivery of the car, as to how it all went.

1 hour ago, mek said:

Thanks Jase! I gather they're quite a small operation in terms of number of staff, and you're right their website isn't hugely useful. So far my experience with them has been fine, but perhaps I'll report back at the end of the process when I've (finally) taken delivery of the car, as to how it all went.

I saw the prices Motorfinity are offering, very tempting. Did the advertised price include the financial contribution?

The DTD does which means Motorfinity are £2k cheaper? Did they tell which dealer would supply the car?

51 minutes ago, FRS0603 said:

I saw the prices Motorfinity are offering, very tempting. Did the advertised price include the financial contribution?

The DTD does which means Motorfinity are £2k cheaper? Did they tell which dealer would supply the car?

I can get a motorfinity discount via work too. Actually spoke to them this morning for my brother about an A3 40 Tdi Quattro vorsprung, it’s £43k list price but they can do it for £33.5k! I asked about PCP Finance and it wasn’t via vwfs though. 

2 hours ago, FRS0603 said:

Afraid I only inquired about the cash price & terms, though I've seen no mention of a finance contribution offered through Motorfinity. The dealer in my case is Listers.