Golf mk8 R order thread - post your order details!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Collected earlier on this afternoon.   Top drawer service from VW Stockport I have to say! There were a few people actually waiting for it to be driven out and a couple came over to tell me

Boys, Girls, Gentlemen and Gentlewomen !!   She’s officially here!   Turns out both seller and I got confused with the wheel color😂   I guess “nero, superfice lucida” (bl

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Wrex said:

I did think that, but then they’ve specifically mentioned 90% on the golf R 🤔 

1 hour ago, mactrack said:

I think that's typical VW brochure contradiction as if you look at the options page it describes 65% being standard on R Line upwards. Looks like the only price rise was the increase in VED.

Re the glass, I think that all mk8's with the tinted glass is 90%. Knowing VW it will be a typo.

I've had a mk7 with 65%, (standard) 7.5 with 90% (specced) and 8 GTI (standard, but stated 65%) and there is no way its 65%. The 65% is alot lighter, almost has a greenish tint to it, 90% is the same as Audi's privacy glass. My car is currently parked next to a 7.5 with 65% and the difference is noticable.

Same with the new polo VW state its 65% but definatley alot darker.

Well I’ve done it ordered 🤪

white

performane pack

harman kardon

Pan roof 

akrapovic 

dcc

rear camera 

winter pack 

heads up 

didn’t go leather you got to stop somewhere plus last two cars been leather . 
also really do like the new blue ones ...... now the wait begins 

31 minutes ago, Fletch..gti said:

white

performane pack

harman kardon

Pan roof 

akrapovic 

dcc

rear camera 

winter pack 

heads up 

Top spec 👍

51 minutes ago, Fletch..gti said:

white

performane pack

harman kardon

Pan roof 

akrapovic 

dcc

rear camera 

winter pack 

heads up 

Mega spec!  

4 hours ago, Fletch..gti said:

white

performane pack

harman kardon

Pan roof 

akrapovic 

dcc

rear camera 

winter pack 

heads up 

Nice spec very similar to mine! When’s your est delivery?

She arrived last night - 2 days later than expected - due to a Covid shutdown at the dealers! I am certainly not complaining though, as I am lucky getting the car this early.

A couple of "wins" - the car was delivered on a trailer - the previous 2 have been driven up from the dealership, so arrived with just 5 miles on the clock 👍.

Also came with Eagle F1 Supersport tyres, which I gather are probably the best of the 3 tyres coming out of the factory?

And is everyone else getting ridiculously low insurance quotes?? 😵 

Not sure when it’s coming yet it’s not even on the tracker yet , but told around July . Yes I can’t see the point in trying 

to save a couple of £100 on road tax . Spec it up and go and enjoy it I say 

8 hours ago, AlexLFC17 said:

Nice spec very similar to mine! When’s your est delivery?

2 hours ago, Fruitloop said:

She arrived last night - 2 days later than expected - due to a Covid shutdown at the dealers! I am certainly not complaining though, as I am lucky getting the car this early.

A couple of "wins" - the car was delivered on a trailer - the previous 2 have been driven up from the dealership, so arrived with just 5 miles on the clock 👍.

Also came with Eagle F1 Supersport tyres, which I gather are probably the best of the 3 tyres coming out of the factory?

Congrats! Enjoy getting to know her @Fruitloop. My insurancequotes also been fairly low. The insurers obviously haven't watched the carwow vids 🥳

Awesome!!! Party Time!!! haha

Yes to the quotes..... Mine are coming out at around £250 less than my 7.5 R so around the £350 mark....... Just hope that the insurers dont suddenly whack it up when the system realises what these cars are capable of or if there is a increase in Golf R thefts for the mk 8 over the previous R's.... Bit of a bummer that I am only 15 miles away from Wolverhampton and 20 odd miles away from Birmingham. 

Great news!  Congratulations!  

Yes my insurance was lower than my mk7 R!  Bonus!  

13 minutes ago, Sub4Sheep said:

Finally, it's arrived in the UK! That was a 4 week voyage 😳. How long did others have to wait from arriving in UK to collection | delivery? 

Screenshot_20210402-090340_Chrome.jpg

More good news!   

Mine took 2 days from docks to dealership and then I collected it a few days after that.