Golf mk8 R order thread - post your order details!

54 minutes ago, Fdsu said:

Has anyone not been given an order number by the lease company?

I went back to my leasing company yesterday after a couple on here mentioned they were given it.

They came back to my yesterday with the commission number or SLI number, but it doesn't seem to work on that website. I've gone back and asked if there were any other numbers associated with the order. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Collected earlier on this afternoon.   Top drawer service from VW Stockport I have to say! There were a few people actually waiting for it to be driven out and a couple came over to tell me

😉

Boys, Girls, Gentlemen and Gentlewomen !!   She’s officially here!   Turns out both seller and I got confused with the wheel color😂   I guess “nero, superfice lucida” (bl

Posted Images

Had an update today, my car was ordered in week 2 with an unconfirmed BW10, this was then delayed to BW15 and today a further delay. It is now confirmed as BW16. Finally!!  Delivery expected mid to late May. 

Interestingly, I checked the tracker after the dealer called and it was still showing ‘with the factory’, so I deleted it & re-entered my order number, tracker moved to ‘confirmed’. (Thanks to those who have suggested doing this)

15 minutes ago, Schuey said:

Had an update today, my car was ordered in week 2 with an unconfirmed BW10, this was then delayed to BW15 and today a further delay. It is now confirmed as BW16. Finally!!  Delivery expected mid to late May. 

Interestingly, I checked the tracker after the dealer called and it was still showing ‘with the factory’, so I deleted it & re-entered my order number, tracker moved to ‘confirmed’. (Thanks to those who have suggested doing this)

Nice one,same confirmed week as myself and around 5 others on here.

I ordered late December so similar time to yourself.

5 hours ago, Nath_27 said:

Cracking spec mate! In regards to ordering through leasing company I did the same. Mine (YesLease) are good at updating me each week on the status of car through email. Hopefully your leasing compancy will do the same for you. Who did you go through?

Cheers mate, the Akrapovic and Performance Pack are the ones that I'm hoping to make extensive use of (bar the drift mode) haha.

It's through Gateway 2 Lease. Going to drop an email to them later today.

I'm prepared to wait and be patient. It actually took eight months for the mk7 Golf R to arrive on my drive from ordering in July 2014 to taking delvery in Feb 2015, so I'm expecting similar waiting times with the new 8R.   

On 05/04/2021 at 12:10, Booth11 said:

Welcome back into the R fold.  Fantastic spec you’ve gone for, some very nice choices.   Sounds like you’re looking forward to a return to a Golf R! 

Very much so Booth. 

Your Lapiz R looks absolutely stunning – can't go wrong with the flagship colour. The Akrapovic and spoiler also makes the rear look a bit more aggressive. 

In fact, it will be my second Lapiz and I'm pondering whether to get it detailed again. 

Ordered mid January. Was told by leasing company March/April. Now may/June. Have asked for an order number but told they don’t have one for my order. Any suggestions as to why? They telling porkies and not actually ordered the car on time?

Long time lurker here, saying hi. I have an 8r on order, with an apparent bw13 according to cvl, but I can’t seem to get the tracker working. The my vw Uk section keeps asking me to complete registration, only to get stuck on that page, and the dashboard section is asking for a vin as opposed to an order number which I have, am I missing something?

anyway spec is;

Lapiz,

estorils

DCC

Would have loved a pan roof and reversing cam, the problem with leases I suppose!. Curious to see the advances made with the mk8, having had a manual 3dr 7R a while ago, which I thought was fantastic perhaps missing that last degree of sharpness, always had the feeling the car would be better as a DSG and DCC, boxes ticked this time, though it was a far superior car to the scirocco R that replaced it. Currently in a big boat C8 A6, so looking forward to something more involving!

8 minutes ago, Chet said:

Long time lurker here, saying hi. I have an 8r on order, with an apparent bw13 according to cvl, but I can’t seem to get the tracker working. The my vw Uk section keeps asking me to complete registration, only to get stuck on that page, and the dashboard section is asking for a vin as opposed to an order number which I have, am I missing something?

anyway spec is;

Lapiz,

estorils

DCC

Would have loved a pan roof and reversing cam, the problem with leases I suppose!. Curious to see the advances made with the mk8, having had a manual 3dr 7R a while ago, which I thought was fantastic perhaps missing that last degree of sharpness, always had the feeling the car would be better as a DSG and DCC, boxes ticked this time, though it was a far superior car to the scirocco R that replaced it. Currently in a big boat C8 A6, so looking forward to something more involving!

Welcome along and congrats on the order! 

To register for the tracker use this link below and scroll to the bottom of the page and choose My VWUK.  

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners-and-drivers/my#/

There, you should be able to add your order number.  But be warned the tracker is notoriously unreliable and often throws a strop.  In fact it won’t auto update so once you got your order registered, if you want an update you have to go into it and delete it and re-add each time.  Pita!  But everyone here is used to it.  Until around stage 4 the tracker tends to update each Sunday but that doesn’t mean you’re car will progress each week, it can be at various stages for quite some time.  Anyway give it go and let us know if you manage to add your order number. 

The car is definitely a leap on from the 7R.  Much more engaging drive and better chassis, steering brakes and the torque vectoring is great.  Hopefully you’ll enjoy it!  

Thanks for the quick reply!. I’ve followed that link many times and when I click my vw Uk I get the ‘1 final step’ page which asks for email add and phone number and never progresses beyond that screen?. It allows me to login and just ends up in that page

10 hours ago, Fdsu said:

Ordered mid January. Was told by leasing company March/April. Now may/June. Have asked for an order number but told they don’t have one for my order. Any suggestions as to why? They telling porkies and not actually ordered the car on time?

The leasing company in question doesn't sound a helpful bunch. It's either they don't want car leasers to pester VW with build updates and information, or they have seriously cocked up with your order and haven't placed it yet (or in the process in doing so!). 

I had to ask for mine and the leasing firm kindly emailed me back with the order no. 

Tell them you need have a good idea when the car is likely to be delivered and the best way is the VW order tracking system, so you can plan ahead with car/Gap insurance and when to sell/get rid of your exisitng car until the new R arrives.