Booth11

Golf mk8 R order thread - post your order details!

1 hour ago, Northern Monkey said:

didnt even have to delete and re-add car this morning and it changed to in transit 😁 typically how long from here?

image.thumb.png.3ea1ed9183fc5b8ad4a95ce2fd8deaa9.png

Mine went to the same stage as yours on the 25th of Feb and I collected 26th of March. As has been highlighted there was 10 days of delays around the time due to bad weather so things should be a bit quicker now.

It will be worth the wait 😃👍

24 minutes ago, Fruitloop said:

Mine was at Emden for 4.5 weeks. Hopefully that backlog has cleared now and everyone else will be much faster 🤞

My lease company told me late April delivery. fingers crossed 🤞 

3 hours ago, R-dinho said:

The leasing company in question doesn't sound a helpful bunch. It's either they don't want car leasers to pester VW with build updates and information, or they have seriously cocked up with your order and haven't placed it yet (or in the process in doing so!). 

I had to ask for mine and the leasing firm kindly emailed me back with the order no. 

Tell them you need have a good idea when the car is likely to be delivered and the best way is the VW order tracking system, so you can plan ahead with car/Gap insurance and when to sell/get rid of your exisitng car until the new R arrives. 

I have said that to them. They’ve said they have provided order numbers to other customers and they received their cars. For some reason he can’t get hold of my order number. Does that sound right? Don’t want to wait till may/June when they’ve said it should arrive and then be told further delays. 😤

Tried filling in my VW account details this morning to complete the registration process and it is taking forever to confirm with the 'Please Wait...' bar  not moving an inch.

Used Chrome and Safari browsers! This is not right! Anyone experienced these technicial issues before? 

29 minutes ago, Fdsu said:

I have said that to them. They’ve said they have provided order numbers to other customers and they received their cars. For some reason he can’t get hold of my order number. Does that sound right? Don’t want to wait till may/June when they’ve said it should arrive and then be told further delays. 😤

Which leasing company have you ordered through? You may have to cancel the 'order' if you have to play hardball with them. And if they go down that route, I assume you will have to pay a cancellation fee but they must also provide evidence that the order was placed. 

31 minutes ago, R-dinho said:

Which leasing company have you ordered through? You may have to cancel the 'order' if you have to play hardball with them. And if they go down that route, I assume you will have to pay a cancellation fee but they must also provide evidence that the order was placed. 

What I’m thinking is they forgot to put the order through. The new lease deals for the R came out today so they would’ve now placed the order. And they’re just hoping it’s a quick delivery. 

if They somehow get the order number in the next few days then that’d confirm my suspicion.

53 minutes ago, R-dinho said:

Tried filling in my VW account details this morning to complete the registration process and it is taking forever to confirm with the 'Please Wait...' bar  not moving an inch.

Used Chrome and Safari browsers! This is not right! Anyone experienced these technicial issues before? 

Yes this is the same issue I’m having, hence unable to use the tracker 

4 hours ago, Wrex said:

Mine still at stage 2 of 7 and I ordered 11th January.

We ordered within a few days of each other, my dealer told me this week that I now have a confirmed BW (16) so surely you cannot be that far behind?

1 hour ago, MK1GTI said:

Wrex What is going off with yours. Have VW lost the order !

At unconfirmed build week 18 at the moment. So maybe next week it’ll move to stage 3 🤷🏻‍♂️ or back again