Golf mk8 R order thread - post your order details!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Collected earlier on this afternoon.   Top drawer service from VW Stockport I have to say! There were a few people actually waiting for it to be driven out and a couple came over to tell me

😉

Boys, Girls, Gentlemen and Gentlewomen !!   She’s officially here!   Turns out both seller and I got confused with the wheel color😂   I guess “nero, superfice lucida” (bl

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Roni1664 said:

Did you get that update from the dealer?
I was the same build week but no update yet and tracker is still showing on the next stage of its journey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the tracker still says final stage of its journey to the UK, but i went on live chat this morning and they told me its at Grimsby. Dealer wasnt aware 😐

Hey guys, has anyone had their build week pushed back massively however then brought back forward?? 

ordered mid January and BW has gone from 16 to 38 but been told today it’s 32. Wondering if it’s likely it’ll come forward again?

18 minutes ago, AlexLFC17 said:

Hey guys, has anyone had their build week pushed back massively however then brought back forward?? 

ordered mid January and BW has gone from 16 to 38 but been told today it’s 32. Wondering if it’s likely it’ll come forward again?

just doesn't make sense I ordered on 13th February and the car built and on route.  So why is your build later. 

Could it be down to Dealers quarters and not been honest when people are ordering.

4 hours ago, Northern Monkey said:

mine arrived in grimsby last night 😁

just waiting on dealer to confirm pick up date, hoping for 1st may!

That's great news! Was yours BW13? Mine was BW12, live chat are saying it still needs to be allocated to a ship which is frustrating 🙁

Edited by Vinniecoup
2 hours ago, DickyS3 said:

Hi all

Currently driving an S3, however have just ordered a white R.

I did have a GTI on order however got fed up of waiting for it so changed to the R.

Not expecting it anytime soon (dealer says could be up to 6 months) so maybe a 71 plate!

Looks like a great forum, can’t wait to get it!

Cheers
Rich

Welcome along Dicksy!  With the waiting times for an R being long too,what else made you switch from the GTI to the R?  

Welcome along Dicksy!  With the waiting times for an R being long too,what else made you switch from the GTI to the R?  

Thanks. Coming from an S3 I felt I wouldn’t really be happy with the power loss and going to 2wd. And having seen the performance reviews of the R, plus the standard wheels are much better than the standard gti wheels, I thought it’s worth swapping the order over. It’s not costing much more per month (lease car).

The guy I ordered with said to expect it to be a September delivery on a 71. I’m happy to “slum” it around in my S3 until it arrives
1 hour ago, DickyS3 said:

Thanks. Coming from an S3 I felt I wouldn’t really be happy with the power loss and going to 2wd. And having seen the performance reviews of the R, plus the standard wheels are much better than the standard gti wheels, I thought it’s worth swapping the order over. It’s not costing much more per month (lease car).

The guy I ordered with said to expect it to be a September delivery on a 71. I’m happy to “slum” it around in my S3 until it arrives emoji23.png

What spec is your S3? 

I had an 2018 black edition (which I loved dearly) and for me Golf R is in a different league with its power and I haven't even floored it yet