Golf mk8 R order thread - post your order details!

2 minutes ago, MK1GTI said:

update on the R and Dealer messing about. Dealer now not returning calls ☹️

i had this too mate, had to chase and chase so got really shitty and had a call back within 10 minutes. awful service, will name and shame after i get the car in case they have a mole looking through these forums 😁

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Collected earlier on this afternoon.   Top drawer service from VW Stockport I have to say! There were a few people actually waiting for it to be driven out and a couple came over to tell me

😉

Boys, Girls, Gentlemen and Gentlewomen !!   She’s officially here!   Turns out both seller and I got confused with the wheel color😂   I guess “nero, superfice lucida” (bl

Posted Images

Just now, MK1GTI said:

Have you signed up to the VW tracker with your phone. 

I have, but I don't seem to be getting any updates. I registered on the 7th April, but didn't receive a text to say it had been transported to the Port unless I just missed the cut off.

On 19/04/2021 at 10:52, Schuey said:

Checked this morning, my car is now being built, this time next month it should be here! 

Received my first text update this morning, now in transit. I would assume that it’s due into the UK this weekend, hopefully it will be here for my much needed leave in 3 weeks time?

Time to start thinking about getting my 7.5 GTI up for sale, that’s slightly depressing.

1 hour ago, Schuey said:

Received my first text update this morning, now in transit. I would assume that it’s due into the UK this weekend, hopefully it will be here for my much needed leave in 3 weeks time?

Time to start thinking about getting my 7.5 GTI up for sale, that’s slightly depressing.

Mine has also changed this morning from being built to in transit,when we get our cars is now all dependent on how long they sit at the port awaiting a boat allocation.There was a backlog at the port which the dealer believes is now cleared,I'm still being told hopefully before the end of May.

In the hands of the shipping lottery now then pray the boat doesnt take the scenic route like Darlos did😂😂

1 minute ago, Aid7072 said:

Mine has also changed this morning from being built to in transit,when we get our cars is now all dependent on how long they sit at the port awaiting a boat allocation.There was a backlog at the port which the dealer believes is now cleared,I'm still being told hopefully before the end of May.

In the hands of the shipping lottery now then pray the boat doesnt take the scenic route like Darlos did😂😂

They haven't been the best for me! Mines been in the port for just under 2 weeks, so I hope it's not much longer 🤞

18 minutes ago, Vinniecoup said:

They haven't been the best for me! Mines been in the port for just under 2 weeks, so I hope it's not much longer 🤞

That's a longer than expected wait,can the dealer not explain why? Yours must be due to go on the next boat and hopefully this happens for you,no way it can sit at port much longer.

I've had all the frustrations of waiting 4 months for it to be built so hopefully not more endless frustration waiting for a boat.

Unfortunately it is what it is though.

2 minutes ago, Aid7072 said:

That's a longer than expected wait,can the dealer not explain why? Yours must be due to go on the next boat and hopefully this happens for you,no way it can sit at port much longer.

I've had all the frustrations of waiting 4 months for it to be built so hopefully not more endless frustration waiting for a boat.

Unfortunately it is what it is though.

I have asked, but all the information they have is what the tracker is showing me. I spoke with VW live chat a few times but they said it's normal for it to sit in port for 10 to 15 days. I ordered through a company in Scotland but I will be collecting from a dealership in Shrewsbury, so unless that's caused issues about which boat to be allocated to, I'm not sure. 

59 minutes ago, Aid7072 said:

Round the world cruise perhaps?   😂   Seriously, pleased to hear yours has left the Wolfsburg building and is out in the wild.  Hope it hops quickly onto a boat and is soon in your waiting arms.  😁

42 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

Round the world cruise perhaps?   😂   Seriously, pleased to hear yours has left the Wolfsburg building and is out in the wild.  Hope it hops quickly onto a boat and is soon in your waiting arms.  😁

Cheers,I think VW owe me a short wait at the docks now or is it a case of he's had a peaceful few weeks since build week confirmed let's crank up the frustration again with a stint sitting at the docks?  😳😳