Golf mk8 R order thread - post your order details!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Collected earlier on this afternoon.   Top drawer service from VW Stockport I have to say! There were a few people actually waiting for it to be driven out and a couple came over to tell me

😉

Boys, Girls, Gentlemen and Gentlewomen !!   She’s officially here!   Turns out both seller and I got confused with the wheel color😂   I guess “nero, superfice lucida” (bl

Posted Images

picked mine up yesterday from a bw 13, straight to detailers and posted pics in member rides - what a beast of a car!!!!!!

Couple questions.

1. Boot handles inside - should they have a cover in there, mine are open and quite sharp plastic edges.

2. HK sound system is fantastic, but only the 2 front pillers have HK on the speaker covers, the rest are just standard covers. Anyone else like this?

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

48 minutes ago, Northern Monkey said:

picked mine up yesterday from a bw 13, straight to detailers and posted pics in member rides - what a beast of a car!!!!!!

Couple questions.

1. Boot handles inside - should they have a cover in there, mine are open and quite sharp plastic edges.

2. HK sound system is fantastic, but only the 2 front pillers have HK on the speaker covers, the rest are just standard covers. Anyone else like this?

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

That’s a space for a warning triangle which isn’t supplied with car in UK.  Recently discussed in Quick Question thread (good place to post up any Qs you might have).  https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/38870-8r-quick-question-thread/?do=findComment&comment=584650.  The boot pull handles are at either side of that void. 

Yes HK only has branding on those two speaker covers, rest are blank.  

14 hours ago, Booth11 said:

That’s a space for a warning triangle which isn’t supplied with car in UK.  Recently discussed in Quick Question thread (good place to post up any Qs you might have).  https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/38870-8r-quick-question-thread/?do=findComment&comment=584650.  The boot pull handles are at either side of that void. 

Yes HK only has branding on those two speaker covers, rest are blank.  

thanks, sorry didnt know that topic existed will have a good read of it now and keep my eye on it 🙂

2 minutes ago, Northern Monkey said:

thanks, sorry didnt know that topic existed will have a good read of it now and keep my eye on it 🙂

No worries.  The 8R Quick Question has some useful info in and there’s also an 8R Tips thread too with some good info in.  Both are sticky threads so easy to locate. 

Whoop whoop!!!! 

Kind of falls into line with a couple of the others here who have had unconfirmed BW's of 20-23...... Mine was unconfimed BW 23 so I guess it will be built around then. 

Had to do the old 'remove/re-add vehicle' to force the tracker change.

🎉🤩🥳

Screenshot 2021-05-03 at 10.37.02.png

Just now, JaseW said:

Whoop whoop!!!! 

Kind of falls into line with a couple of the others here who have had unconfirmed BW's of 20-23...... Mine was unconfimed BW 23 so I guess it will be built around then. 

🎉🤩🥳

Brilliant news Jase!  🎉🥳🍾

2 hours ago, JaseW said:

Whoop whoop!!!! 

🎉🤩🥳

Very jealous :) am unconfirmed bw23 but still no movement for me 😭