Jump to content

Golf mk8 R order thread - post your order details!


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Jagman said:

The constant merging of R with R-line is a bit galling to say the least.  Mercedes does the same with AMG and AMG-line.  It makes the wrong people feel special.


They are all doing it like BMW with their M Sport cars having M badges are over the place.
 

As well as the M140, M135, M340. None of these are real M cars yet BMW over use the M badge to sell their “lesser” cars. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Collected earlier on this afternoon.   Top drawer service from VW Stockport I have to say! There were a few people actually waiting for it to be driven out and a couple came over to tell me

Boys, Girls, Gentlemen and Gentlewomen !!   She’s officially here!   Turns out both seller and I got confused with the wheel color😂   I guess “nero, superfice lucida” (bl

Posted Images

My 6th December order is now looking at build wk 31 - August.

 

To say I am dissapointed is an understatement - in fact, a flat out lie. Have asked my dealer to confirm if the delay is caused by a specific option, and I may reconsider my spec if that is the case and there is nothing too drastic missing take something out.

 

Still undecided on whether to cancel and just enjoy the 7.5 for a few more years?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jagman said:

The constant merging of R with R-line is a bit galling to say the least.  Mercedes does the same with AMG and AMG-line.  It makes the wrong people feel special.

Does a trim level badge on a car make people feel special?   I’ve always had the trim level / engine size badges removed from my cars, as I know what I have so I don’t need a badge to remind me, I really don’t care what anyone else thinks and badges always look crap.
 

With my last couple of BMWs it’s made them look like a ‘lesser’ model, but I like understated cars.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Confirmation  from James at Medway first thing this morning that mine has a confirmed BW 21. 2 weeks earlier than the unconfirmed BW we were going off. 

 

James said thats 24th May. 3 weeks to go! Fingers crossed it doesnt slip. He also said we may be looking at a June delivery if it all works out to his timeline estimates. 🙂 

 

I am still telling myself to go off a july delivery so not to get to excited.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rjboodell said:

My 6th December order is now looking at build wk 31 - August.

 

To say I am dissapointed is an understatement - in fact, a flat out lie. Have asked my dealer to confirm if the delay is caused by a specific option, and I may reconsider my spec if that is the case and there is nothing too drastic missing take something out.

 

Still undecided on whether to cancel and just enjoy the 7.5 for a few more years?

That is utterly ridiculous!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/05/2021 at 14:23, Schuey said:


I have not received any update since 5c, but I anticipate my car is now at Sheerness awaiting transportation, presumably it gets updated once it’s allocated a transporter? I’m hopeful that it will be with me by May 15th. I’ll let you know as soon as I get an update.

 

Just spoke to the dealer and my car did arrive on Friday,sat at the docks awaiting transportation to the dealership.

Told to expect to have my car within the next 2 weeks

Maybe worth contacting your dealer for confirmation hours arrived?

Tracker still at stage 5c😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/05/2021 at 15:15, guy1 said:

 

Mine is still stuck on Stage 5c, will let you know if I notice it changes!

 

Tracker still stuck on stage 5c but dealer confirmed my car arrived in the uk on Friday,maybe worth contacting your dealer?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JaseW said:

Confirmation  from James at Medway first thing this morning that mine has a confirmed BW 21. 2 weeks earlier than the unconfirmed BW we were going off. 

 

James said thats 24th May. 3 weeks to go! Fingers crossed it doesnt slip. He also said we may be looking at a June delivery if it all works out to his timeline estimates. 🙂 

 

I am still telling myself to go off a july delivery so not to get to excited.

 

That's good news Jase!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Booth11 said:

 

That's good news Jase!  

Thanks Becs, it is! VW Chat confirmed BW21 too and said it could be anything up to 6 weeks before delivery. 

 

Im now trying to resist buying too many welcome gifts for it haha 🥳

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aid7072 said:

 

Just spoke to the dealer and my car did arrive on Friday,sat at the docks awaiting transportation to the dealership.

Told to expect to have my car within the next 2 weeks

Maybe worth contacting your dealer for confirmation hours arrived?

Tracker still at stage 5c😂😂

 

Glad to hear you've had confirmation it's in the UK, no surprise that the tracker still doesn't know. 😂 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...