Golf mk8 R order thread - post your order details!

2 hours ago, Booth11 said:

Glad to hear you've had confirmation it's in the UK, no surprise that the tracker still doesn't know. 😂 

Yeah you said James would know before the tracker,have just inputted the chassis number into the VW we connect car net to allow the PDI request.

Suddenly looking like the end of this VW pi** take is in sight.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Collected earlier on this afternoon.   Top drawer service from VW Stockport I have to say! There were a few people actually waiting for it to be driven out and a couple came over to tell me

Boys, Girls, Gentlemen and Gentlewomen !!   She’s officially here!   Turns out both seller and I got confused with the wheel color😂   I guess “nero, superfice lucida” (bl

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Aid7072 said:

Yeah you said James would know before the tracker,have just inputted the chassis number into the VW we connect car net to allow the PDI request.

Suddenly looking like the end of this VW pi** take is in sight.

Progress!  Now you've done that they'll set up WeConnect and you as Primary User, so one less things to think about.  Don't be surprised if you get emails from WeConnect saying a number of services are deactivated.  That's just the dealership setting it up and selecting privacy setting.  Once you have the car you can go into your Primary User profile and choose your preferred level of privacy setting - there are 4 privacy levels and some deactivate certain functions in WeConnect - all will become clear in time.    

10 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

Progress!  Now you've done that they'll set up WeConnect and you as Primary User, so one less things to think about.  Don't be surprised if you get emails from WeConnect saying a number of services are deactivated.  That's just the dealership setting it up and selecting privacy setting.  Once you have the car you can go into your Primary User profile and choose your preferred level of privacy setting - there are 4 privacy levels and some deactivate certain functions in WeConnect - all will become clear in time.    

That's great that they set it up,less for me to do.

I had to email password etc to James so guess from what you say I will soon start getting random emails from we connect,thanks for letting me know this or I'd have undoubtedly wondered what was going on.

7 hours ago, Aid7072 said:

Just spoke to the dealer and my car did arrive on Friday,sat at the docks awaiting transportation to the dealership.

Told to expect to have my car within the next 2 weeks

Maybe worth contacting your dealer for confirmation hours arrived?

Tracker still at stage 5c😂😂

Thanks, yep I’m exactly the same, tracker is unchanged, my car is heading to the south West so I think it may take a little while longer, but confident it will be here within 2 weeks.

I need to speak with the dealer as I’d like them to install the dashcam/hardwire and to sort out the VRM, maybe they’ll casually drop into the conversation that it’s arrived!

9 hours ago, Wrex said:

That is utterly ridiculous!

So... answers!

the delay on my car is the fault of Akrapovic on my options. Removing this at this stage will likely bring things closer to bw20. 

Despite the poor service to date, and the fact that I really had to push for some dealer support, I am pleased to announce that they are covering a full major service of my current 7.5R. Considering the disappointment this is still a positive outcome for me, it’s not like I am without a decent vehicle in the meantime. I won’t budge on having the spec I want so I am now committed to the wait.

for anyone looking to spec this particular option then please be warned!

6 minutes ago, Rjboodell said:

So... answers!

the delay on my car is the fault of Akrapovic on my options. Removing this at this stage will likely bring things closer to bw20. 

Despite the poor service to date, and the fact that I really had to push for some dealer support, I am pleased to announce that they are covering a full major service of my current 7.5R. Considering the disappointment this is still a positive outcome for me, it’s not like I am without a decent vehicle in the meantime. I won’t budge on having the spec I want so I am now committed to the wait.

for anyone looking to spec this particular option then please be warned!

Ordered mine 1st April ( no jokes please ) spec akrapovic to and order is still with factory it says . So this explains a lot 

On 30/04/2021 at 20:19, DickyS3 said:

Ordered a golf R last week, the dealer has emailed to say there is a chance I could have one (same spec as I ordered) very soon as they have a cancelled order which is already here in the uk! Will know more after the weekend. I have everything crossed 🤞 😀

So I had it confirmed today that the cancelled order is now mine, and I should get the car in the next week or 2 once they swapped all the paperwork over. Result! Very happy 😃 

12 hours ago, Schuey said:

Thanks, yep I’m exactly the same, tracker is unchanged, my car is heading to the south West so I think it may take a little while longer, but confident it will be here within 2 weeks.

I need to speak with the dealer as I’d like them to install the dashcam/hardwire and to sort out the VRM, maybe they’ll casually drop into the conversation that it’s arrived!

Moved to stage 6 this morning, it’s in the UK!