Golf mk8 R order thread - post your order details!

1 hour ago, Rudders said:

Had the phonecall today regarding mine. It is being delivered on the 25th.

Will no doubt be the longest two week ever now though

Nice one! At least you have a date now. 

When yours is being delivered mine will be on its holidays and the detailers having its PPF and ceramic coating done!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Collected earlier on this afternoon.   Top drawer service from VW Stockport I have to say! There were a few people actually waiting for it to be driven out and a couple came over to tell me

😉

After 4 very long months 😉, I have collected my R, a quick photo below then I’ll post a few more in the owners gallery thread.   After my first 100 miles, all I can say is, it is definitely

Posted Images

1 hour ago, JaseW said:

Yeh I am not really fussed mate, they will do the job for me and when the time comes for a change I will get PS4S or similar. 

Bit of a bummer but at least it will be ready in a couple of days. Whats 2 or 3 more days until a definitely collection after ordering 3 months or so months ago. 

Have you had confirmation it is off the boat yet?

Yes. This morning. Only two days late. 😂

On 09/06/2021 at 22:01, MarkFB said:

I’ve ordered a White R with following options via Motorfinity:

HK Audio

Winter Pack

HUD.

Will be coming from a 5 year old Lapiz blue MK7 manual.  Pics I’ve seen of white Mk8s look good and with the options I still remain in the lower road tax bracket. Hope the wait isn’t too long.

Im now going through the motions of doing this, and if finance is accepted will cancel my lease order.

I've just been quoted 34k from a list price of 41k for pure white, dcc, hk audio, and winter pack.

No brainer really 😁 and they quoted 18 week wait, so September(ish) were his words lol.

2 hours ago, Cookie12 said:

Im now going through the motions of doing this, and if finance is accepted will cancel my lease order.

I've just been quoted 34k from a list price of 41k for pure white, dcc, hk audio, and winter pack.

No brainer really 😁 and they quoted 18 week wait, so September(ish) were his words lol.

Looks like we might be in a slow speed race!  I was just told it would be delivered at the back end of the year.   My order form had a committed handover date of 30th October.  Not sure how much commitment there really is from this but will be interesting to see.

8 minutes ago, MarkFB said:

Looks like we might be in a slow speed race!  I was just told it would be delivered at the back end of the year.   My order form had a committed handover date of 30th October.  Not sure how much commitment there really is from this but will be interesting to see.

Yeah I'm not holding my breathe lol. The lease company told me in January they would delivery in March and that order hasn't even got to be built yet. So I'm cancelling that and ordered this.

Seems to make a bit more financial sense and I'll wait longer now as I've got a temporary car now, a 59 plate corsa lol. 

The longer I wait the more I can save and make my initial payment larger, and less a month.

But yeah it's the waiting game, again!!

Guessing for the VED we'd have to make sure the dealership when registering the car reduces the OTR price £895 as first year doesn't count towards it?  Otherwise you'd get a little shock of an £350 year 2+ 😂

1 hour ago, Housebound said:

Guessing for the VED we'd have to make sure the dealership when registering the car reduces the OTR price £895 as first year doesn't count towards it?  Otherwise you'd get a little shock of an £350 year 2+ 😂

Having sacrificed a Pan Roof to get under £40k list on the 7.5 (on principle, paying the extra on 2 cars felt like robbery), the dealer didn’t put the right figure in so ours attracts the higher VED payment.  To be fair to the dealer, who’d we’d used via a broker, they apologised and sent us a cheque to cover 3 renewals as it was on a 4 year PCP.  We’d only taken a PCP to get the extra discount, but I didn’t plan to keep it any long either, so I was happy they’d given us fair compensation.  

Being so close worried me so I’d checked and had it in writing that it would be under £40k, but I didn’t get a shock on renewal as I looked it up shortly after delivery.

1 hour ago, Martin2 said:

Having sacrificed a Pan Roof to get under £40k list on the 7.5 (on principle, paying the extra on 2 cars felt like robbery), the dealer didn’t put the right figure in so ours attracts the higher VED payment.  To be fair to the dealer, who’d we’d used via a broker, they apologised and sent us a cheque to cover 3 renewals as it was on a 4 year PCP.  We’d only taken a PCP to get the extra discount, but I didn’t plan to keep it any long either, so I was happy they’d given us fair compensation.  

Being so close worried me so I’d checked and had it in writing that it would be under £40k, but I didn’t get a shock on renewal as I looked it up shortly after delivery.

Actually can't believe a dealership did that for you tbh most I've dealt with in the past would just refuse to take blame will have to defo ring dealership when car is on boat over to make sure the correct figures are put in 

2 hours ago, Housebound said:

Actually can't believe a dealership did that for you tbh most I've dealt with in the past would just refuse to take blame will have to defo ring dealership when car is on boat over to make sure the correct figures are put in 

It’s didn’t even take any pushing or negotiation, I told them what had happened and asked them to consider what they were going to do about it and they came back the same day with an apology and promise of a cheque which arrived a few days later.   

Listers Nuneaton.

40 minutes ago, Martin2 said:

It’s didn’t even take any pushing or negotiation, I told them what had happened and asked them to consider what they were going to do about it and they came back the same day with an apology and promise of a cheque which arrived a few days later.   

Listers Nuneaton.

I got my DTD through Listers Nuneaton asked if they could pass it on to Listers Loughborough as they are closer to me 🤣

Hey guys.. been a few years since I last posted! Became a Mk7 R owner 6 years or so ago, then went to a Mk 7.5 GTI, then back to a Mk 7.5 R and now just bought a stock Mk 8 R that had all the bits I wanted. Took advantage of the increased trade in prices blip! So pick up my new Mk 8 R on Friday fingers crossed. Look forward to sharing the experience with you all! 

31 minutes ago, Nicknotts said:

Hey guys.. been a few years since I last posted! Became a Mk7 R owner 6 years or so ago, then went to a Mk 7.5 GTI, then back to a Mk 7.5 R and now just bought a stock Mk 8 R that had all the bits I wanted. Took advantage of the increased trade in prices blip! So pick up my new Mk 8 R on Friday fingers crossed. Look forward to sharing the experience with you all! 

Enjoy it man where did you found a dealership that already had some stock Nottingham isnt that far away from me but like mentioned I went to Loughborough for mine 😄

16 minutes ago, Housebound said:

Enjoy it man where did you found a dealership that already had some stock Nottingham isnt that far away from me but like mentioned I went to Loughborough for mine 😄

Snap! Listers in Lougborough had one... was doing a CarWow order and he said you might like this one.. and deal done!

2 minutes ago, Nicknotts said:

Snap! Listers in Lougborough had one... was doing a CarWow order and he said you might like this one.. and deal done!

Bloody hell how long ago haha I put my order in around 6th April did you get any options with it?