Golf mk8 R order thread - post your order details!

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And here she is! What a beast! She come with Hankooks (no PP) literally in love! 

Collected earlier on this afternoon.   Top drawer service from VW Stockport I have to say! There were a few people actually waiting for it to be driven out and a couple came over to tell me

😉

Posted Images

5 hours ago, JaseW said:

More than happy with the cloth seats in mine. Very comfortable and decent quality IMO. They have the (fakeish) leather inserts around the sides too (not cheap looking) so if you can get past the fact it isn't proper leather then it may satisfy the leather itch. 

Speccing the leather option was never an option for me as they would taken away some of the other options due to cost. 

I am sure you won't regret it by not speccing them. 

Hopefully, your right all my choices I feel content with as I know I wanted them for a reason!

Lapiz Blue - last few cars have been silver or black, so wanted a change.

Harmon Kardon - love my music, so better sound is a given for me.

R Performance Pack - I was going to spec the wheels separately, for the price difference in the spoiler and program differences I felt it was worth it.

Akrapovic - Don't really need to give a reason 😂

DCC - I contemplated this long and hard, is it really needed, wasn't sure. But seems to go hand in hand with perf pack!?

Rear View Camera - probably not a showstopper bit nice to have, as the spaces in my work car park are like the crystal maze.

Winter Pack - Ordered for seat heating as I went with cloth.

I think the monthly difference was £69 for adding the leather, I suppose if I removed the winter pack that would offset a small part of that.

35 minutes ago, Artee said:

Hopefully, your right all my choices I feel content with as I know I wanted them for a reason!

R Performance Pack - I was going to spec the wheels separately, for the price difference in the spoiler and program differences I felt it was worth it.

DCC - I contemplated this long and hard, is it really needed, wasn't sure. But seems to go hand in hand with perf pack!?

Rear View Camera - probably not a showstopper bit nice to have, as the spaces in my work car park are like the crystal maze.

I think the monthly difference was £69 for adding the leather, I suppose if I removed the winter pack that would offset a small part of that.

Great spec 👍🏼 And it’s good to see your rationale.

2 hours ago, mikef4uk said:

In fairness though at least the airlines would have initially given you a departure time, we have had no time slot, not even 'we think maybe next June' just 'Not as soon as we previously anticipated'

At least VW gave me a 24 weeks for R and 54 weeks for GTI

If VW was an airline, this is what the runway would look like…

2 hours ago, Artee said:

This spec is my identical twin..!

5 hours ago, Peter Wynne said:

Thought I’d share a new pic since I’ve finished all the detailing :) maybe it’ll encourage a few more DBP orders 😁

18DD22FE-F0CC-4033-B212-032054EF9F59.jpeg

Wow.  Looks amazing!  I ordered in black and with Estorils on 17th March and I finally picked it up yesterday.  It has turned up with Adelaide wheels!!  Despite the order and my VIN in the Connect app showing Estorils.  Now waiting to see what VW have to say next week.  The car is awesome to drive though...

Wow.  Looks amazing!  I ordered in black and with Estorils on 17th March and I finally picked it up yesterday.  It has turned up with Adelaide wheels!!  Despite the order and my VIN in the Connect app showing Estorils.  Now waiting to see what VW have to say next week.  The car is awesome to drive though...
Interesting to see what an R with Adelaide's looks like
they are very nice and come with some of the GTI builds
On 11/09/2021 at 10:46, Nighthawk said:

Ahh….🤔🤯Leather and HUD are two options I haven’t specced but I keep on wondering if I should 🤔😵💫🤑 Will I regret not having them ? or will I regret having them ? 

I added HUD to my order last week, I should have just done it when I first ordered the car but there we go. 

Car went from build week 47 to 48 but I’m not expecting it to be built in either of those based on others dates being pushed. 

54 minutes ago, Brad182 said:

I added HUD to my order last week, I should have just done it when I first ordered the car but there we go. 

Car went from build week 47 to 48 but I’m not expecting it to be built in either of those based on others dates being pushed. 

When did you order your car? Adding 1 week to the lead time isn’t bad and I’m half thinking about adding HUD. 
I ordered mine in April but I don’t want to add like 10 weeks to the delivery time!

11 minutes ago, dopper99 said:

When did you order your car? Adding 1 week to the lead time isn’t bad and I’m half thinking about adding HUD. 
I ordered mine in April but I don’t want to add like 10 weeks to the delivery time!

Ordered mine at the end of June through DTD. 

I was nervous it would push it right back but I’m expecting a long wait anyway so just bit the bullet.