Golf mk8 R order thread - post your order details!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And here she is! What a beast! She come with Hankooks (no PP) literally in love! 

Collected earlier on this afternoon.   Top drawer service from VW Stockport I have to say! There were a few people actually waiting for it to be driven out and a couple came over to tell me

😉

Posted Images

12 hours ago, AHG said:

Feast your eyes on this

IMHO the new ones are too big and out there
Last version were not impressive but subtle

Beira all the piano black trim in this car
black exhaust tips would look tremendous

I did not realise the standard exhaust had valves as well, they dont mention anything on the VW site only the Akrapovic exhaust mentions the valves! 

I am with some of the others on the size of the tips though, prefer mine to be understated and ideally around the same size as the actual exhaust rather than just making it look larger. I have always loved the stealth cars having had a Pug 205 Turbo Technics which I had to remove a load of the grills and add ons the previous owner added, made it look like a standard 205 GTi only it had an additional 70bhp. Miss that car but will miss it a little less when I eventually get my Golf R!

Hi all, new member here. Well I've just had the dreaded monthly update on my order!

Having originally placed my order at the end of May,  I was initially given an unconfirmed build date of mid September.  That was then revised last month to week 46 😔

The most recent update from today gives an unconfirmed build of week 48. So only a tiny slippage of 2 weeks this time, which I'll take as a positive at this stage 😁

On 12/09/2021 at 00:47, AHG said:

Interesting to see what an R with Adelaide's looks like
they are very nice and come with some of the GTI builds

Here is a picture of the car with the Adelaides.   VW have acknowledged the error and are replacing them with the Estorils I ordered.  

Only had the car a few days but generally loving it so far and it gets a lot of attention.  So glad I added leather, its great.  In hindsight, I would have added DCC but the the ride seems perfectly fine - although I cannot compare to one with it.  The infotainment system is 'ok'.  Not as bad as I feared, although the air con and fan can be fiddly when driving.  Only real niggle is some of the build quality.. some parts feels a bit cheap compared to my previous two VWs.  

51478789676_a4dfe254e2_k.jpgIMG_2791 by Stuart Seggie, on Flickr

Here is a picture of the car with the Adelaides.   VW have acknowledged the error and are replacing them with the Estorils I ordered.  

Only had the car a few days but generally loving it so far and it gets a lot of attention.  So glad I added leather, its great.  In hindsight, I would have added DCC but the the ride seems perfectly fine - although I cannot compare to one with it.  The infotainment system is 'ok'.  Not as bad as I feared, although the air con and fan can be fiddly when driving.  Only real niggle is some of the build quality.. some parts feels a bit cheap compared to my previous two VWs.  

It actually is pretty nice this way
Estorils are very nice, but this works and looks unique.
Sure you want to change back ?
I did not realise the standard exhaust had valves as well, they dont mention anything on the VW site only the Akrapovic exhaust mentions the valves! 

I am with some of the others on the size of the tips though, prefer mine to be understated and ideally around the same size as the actual exhaust rather than just making it look larger. I have always loved the stealth cars having had a Pug 205 Turbo Technics which I had to remove a load of the grills and add ons the previous owner added, made it look like a standard 205 GTi only it had an additional 70bhp. Miss that car but will miss it a little less when I eventually get my Golf R!

Even my old ‘18 S3 8V2 has valves on the two outer-most outlets (see pic).

As per size, I agree.
If I could find Anthracite or black/carbon colored ones that are similar in size or smaller than to original (which I find too big) that would be a winner mod.

Edit: forgot the pics. Here they are now.
0e3e841a865419542bfc70a7d7d41049.jpg
42481203f8d41326324c607e8897007a.jpg
f92700b7d341c244554532d94c101e1f.jpg
6 hours ago, Sas0875 said:

Very very nice.  It’ll get even more attention once you have the Estorils on.  😎

Interesting video on the Milltek, didn’t know the OEM exhaust has removable tips so that is interesting as it’s one thing I am not keen on the wide oval tips and like the Akra style but don’t see the point on full Akra on a road car, which mine will be.

I think all chromes/colored tips are removable.

The piping is usually standard stainless steel piping having been bent with a mandrel, and cut at the edge (see pic). If you look at lower models, you can see the “natural” tips are just the end of a steel tube.

9c0ae9403b833c9351aa191474803d68.jpg
e68907e16465d9b0e7e8563c77b7997e.jpg

Looking at old pics of my 2010 Scirocco, it seems it also came with no chromed tips, just a sawed-off steel pipe.
I remember many people just bought online and added them, just a sleeve-on.

d86d34eed3d15c94cce756648433e2a0.jpg