Golf mk8 R order thread - post your order details!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And here she is! What a beast! She come with Hankooks (no PP) literally in love! 

Collected earlier on this afternoon.   Top drawer service from VW Stockport I have to say! There were a few people actually waiting for it to be driven out and a couple came over to tell me

😉

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Aid7072 said:

New price of the 8R £40990 meaning once the VED and registration fee are deducted theres no room for any optional extras for those wanting to avoid the luxury car tax.

DTD are showing that price, yet the VW configurator still has it as £40,025.  I thought the price increase was on 1st December?

32 minutes ago, TurboTrev said:

DTD are showing that price, yet the VW configurator still has it as £40,025.  I thought the price increase was on 1st December?

It is but DTD stated last week that all orders had to be in by close of business Monday 22nd to be processed in time avoiding the price rise.

Any orders placed now take a few days to process so will be done at the higher price listed on their website.

2 hours ago, Aid7072 said:

I read somewhere that they were classed as fleet but when I asked the salesman at VW Medway he told me this wasn't the case and they all go through as individual orders where fleet are placed in bulk.

The amount of orders Medway must get as they are pretty much the cheapest in the country for VWs - I wouldn't be surprised if they placed bulk orders.😁

3 hours ago, guy1 said:

Ordered 

Deep Pearl Black 

Rear View Camera

Winter Pack

R Performance Pack

DCC

2 year service plan

Estimated delivery April/ May 2022

Ordered Oct

Nice spec. 

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst on those delivery dates would be my advice. I’ll be happy if I have my June order by April. 

3 hours ago, guy1 said:

Ordered 

Deep Pearl Black 

Rear View Camera

Winter Pack

R Performance Pack

DCC

2 year service plan

Estimated delivery April/ May 2022

Ordered Oct

I think 6 months delivery is very optimistic. Some of us that ordered in April are hoping we'll actually get our cars by March/April.

Hello everyone, new to the forum but great to see such an engaged and passionate VW group!

I received delivery of my MK8 R this week having ordered back in July, among the lucky few that got it on time/early, original date was December 2021. Even the dealer was surprised that the car came through at this time. 

Harmon Kardon

Winter Pack

Nappa Leather

Proactive Passenger Protection

Head up display 

Rear view camera

DCC 

Performance Pack

Sunroof

Haven’t taken it out for a long drive yet but so far impressed with many parts of the build, although I definitely feel the Dynaudio in my previous MK7.5 R was punchier?

1 hour ago, Noobtacular said:

Hello everyone, new to the forum but great to see such an engaged and passionate VW group!

I received delivery of my MK8 R this week having ordered back in July, among the lucky few that got it on time/early, original date was December 2021. Even the dealer was surprised that the car came through at this time. 

Harmon Kardon

Winter Pack

Nappa Leather

Proactive Passenger Protection

Head up display 

Rear view camera

DCC 

Performance Pack

Sunroof

Haven’t taken it out for a long drive yet but so far impressed with many parts of the build, although I definitely feel the Dynaudio in my previous MK7.5 R was punchier?

Thats amazing.

Jammy bugger ! Ordered mine with a similar spec also in July and now have unconfirmed build week 4 !

Thats amazing.

Jammy bugger ! Ordered mine with a similar spec also in July and now have unconfirmed build week 4 !

Fingers crossed you get it through soon! I was resigned to getting it sometime next year given the majority of delays, but was a pleasant surprise for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6 minutes ago, Noobtacular said:

Fingers crossed you get it through soon! I was resigned to getting it sometime next year given the majority of delays, but was a pleasant surprise for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome along @Noobtacular (great name)!  

That’s a superb spec 8R you’ve got!  Congratulations on getting it!  And earlier than you anticipated.  Sounds like first impressions are good.   Be sure to share some pics and more thoughts on it. 

Not sure if you meant to hide your original post but it ca. be reinstated if you wish.