Golf mk8 R order thread - post your order details!

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And here she is! What a beast! She come with Hankooks (no PP) literally in love! 

Collected earlier on this afternoon.   Top drawer service from VW Stockport I have to say! There were a few people actually waiting for it to be driven out and a couple came over to tell me

😉

Posted Images

If VW were savvy enough, they'd make the spoiler standard fit, and offer the additional Nürburgring and Drift modes as a paid software download for retrofit as well for the first and subsequent buyers to take advantage of it in later years.

I’ll bet you a 1k that by 2023 that would be optional for download at the dealer for 1k (w/o estorils or wing) for us lowly non PP buyers.

BTW, IMHO body color is the small spoiler. The big one is called two-tone.
Well out of the blue I get an email from the dealer, 2 weeks after saying no update, telling me the car has arrived in the UK and giving me reg and chassis nos. Ordered late July. Doesn't seem to be any order in these coming out- I was expecting to wait until at least March.

Firstly great news!

And I know what you mean, I ordered in July with a December estimated delivery and expected a delay into 2022. Got a call in November to say the car was in the UK and picked it up last week. Just feels quite random as to when people will get their cars but I’m sure there must be some logic behind what is getting built and when.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 hours ago, Bigsyuk said:

Well out of the blue I get an email from the dealer, 2 weeks after saying no update, telling me the car has arrived in the UK and giving me reg and chassis nos. Ordered late July. Doesn't seem to be any order in these coming out- I was expecting to wait until at least March.

Wow congrats! slightly jealous ordered mine at the start of July. Did you order direct through dealership or through a broker ?

Maybe this has to do with dealer allocations too. Maybe some dealers have better allocations than others so people skip the queues. I thought there was something like dealers can order only what they are allowed per month and the others just go in a mega dealer queue.

True. That makes a lot of sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3 hours ago, Bigsyuk said:

Great news. 
just wondering if delivery time is due to certain options.

What options have you got?

6 hours ago, Simon75 said:

Are the lead times any better if your order is placed thru a VW dealership rather than a lease/other company ? Just wondering if VW are keeping there branded dealerships in front of the queue over lease (or internet companies) ?

If you order through DTD the only time you speak with the broker is to take your details and what your order will be. You are then passed onto a main VW dealer where you officially pay your deposit and confirm your order, after that initial call with the DTD you never hear from them again. CarWow have designated sales staff within a dealership who sort out the CarWow offers for customers, again the actual ordering of a car is the same as it would have been had you walked direct into a dealer and ordered. 

Only difference is that you'll have your pants pulled down by going direct 9/10. 

So unless the order form has some kind of reference on it stating its a broker order I am not sure the factory would actually know the origins of an order. No idea how leasing works though. 

2 minutes ago, Bigsyuk said:

Dan - through DtD.  Dealership in Kent - does large volume orders - so may have something to do with delivery speed.

That strange as a few of us ordered through DTD and are still waiting. Ordered mine in April from them and have no build date.
Very odd how yours has come so quick. 

2 minutes ago, dopper99 said:

That strange as a few of us ordered through DTD and are still waiting. Ordered mine in April from them and have no build date.
Very odd how yours has come so quick. 

Is your dealership in Kent too?  What options did you go for?