Golf mk8 R order thread - post your order details!

34 minutes ago, Gazza84 said:

3-5 weeks to customer handover is the norm once in transit.

Okay thanks. I didn’t realise that part took so long.

I had a Leon Cupra 300 a couple years ago that went from factory order to getting the keys in less than 2 months. Guess it shows how drastic the delays are at the minute.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And here she is! What a beast! She come with Hankooks (no PP) literally in love! 

Collected earlier on this afternoon.   Top drawer service from VW Stockport I have to say! There were a few people actually waiting for it to be driven out and a couple came over to tell me

OMG.. 14 months after order it actually exists and it’s mine. I’m so happy. To all the people waiting ages, it’s worth it in the end. 👍🏻

Posted Images

My R order placed in May now been pushed to BW 6 - commencing 7th Feb. Wondering if anyone has received any confirmed slots to be built within the first few weeks of the new year, or is mine one of the earliest?

Would be nice to hear some feedback (i.e. any March/April/May+ orders, and the slots you've been given.

Many thanks!

13 minutes ago, Umz54 said:

My R order placed in May now been pushed to BW 6 - commencing 7th Feb. Wondering if anyone has received any confirmed slots to be built within the first few weeks of the new year, or is mine one of the earliest?

Would be nice to hear some feedback (i.e. any March/April/May+ orders, and the slots you've been given.

Many thanks!

I ordered mine at the end of May. Has moved numerous times, but the last update was Build Week 4 (unconfirmed).

33 minutes ago, Umz54 said:

Many thanks!

Ordered 2nd April , am at week9 unconfirmed 

1 hour ago, Umz54 said:

Many thanks!

ordered mine mid April and last update was no build week after it had been pushed back multiple times. The update before the last one (with a no build week) was build week 1 but still unconfirmed at the time. 

Ordered mine in April and given up for now bothering poor old James at Medway for a build date. He must be getting lots of emails all the time asking about new car build dates.

TBH, I'm happy for it to be delayed a little longer if it means I'll get the new upgraded hardware and software that has been recently mentioned that will sort infotainment issues.

I'll try asking again next year for a build date.

9 hours ago, dopper99 said:

Ordered mine in April and given up for now bothering poor old James at Medway for a build date. He must be getting lots of emails all the time asking about new car build dates.

TBH, I'm happy for it to be delayed a little longer if it means I'll get the new upgraded hardware and software that has been recently mentioned that will sort infotainment issues.

I'll try asking again next year for a build date.

Same here, at most ill be asking every couple months to see if there's an update. Wonder if they're upgrading the hardware in the discover pro even further too 🤔

16 hours ago, Umz54 said:

Many thanks!

I ordered in May and have just received a confirmed build week of week 1

1 minute ago, McDoogle said:

Congrats! Hopefully that means you get it in time for the spring!

Yeah hopefully, I've never been concerned when it will arrive as I'm happy with my current car, just hope it has the new infotainment thingy to minimize any issues. Seems a little odd being apprehensive going from a faultless car that's 4 years old to a new one that's potentially fraught with issues, should be the other way round really.

1 hour ago, sam67R310 said:

Ordered 20th May. Last month's update was week 6/22, this month's now week 9/22 all unconfirmed of course, so expecting it to slip further.

You’re in NI @sam67R310? I ordered with Agnew in Mallusk middle June and queried mine yesterday with them. Was told unconfirmed week 4 but that a ‘customer’ who had a similar order but placed a few weeks before mine had now got a confirmed week in January. I actually thought it was you!

Apparently I’m status 10 which means order accepted but until it goes to status 20 it won’t get a confirmed week, and that normally happens just a few days before it’s confirmed. He also said any orders now don’t even get a possible build week. 

Taking it all with a pinch of salt though. Seriously wavering and thinking of cancelling the order - it’s the unknowing when it’ll arrive that’s killing me. 

Did you order in Agnew also?