Golf mk8 R order thread - post your order details!

2 minutes ago, Aid7072 said:

I agree with you in that it's a lot to drop,to remove the Matrix lights and folding mirrors really is a big step backwards.

Surely it will only be on new orders and VW will need to remove it from standard equipment in the brochure before implementing it(at least I'd like to think they would)

Minimum they would have to notify those with existing orders and give them the option to cancel, I imagine most would and they'd loose a lot of sales.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And here she is! What a beast! She come with Hankooks (no PP) literally in love! 

Collected earlier on this afternoon.   Top drawer service from VW Stockport I have to say! There were a few people actually waiting for it to be driven out and a couple came over to tell me

😉

Posted Images

1 minute ago, McDoogle said:

Minimum they would have to notify those with existing orders and give them the option to cancel, I imagine most would and they'd loose a lot of sales.

It would be one way of reducing the order backlog back to a more manageable level.

Just now, Aid7072 said:

It would be one way of reducing the order backlog back to a more manageable level.

Baring in mind the r is definitely one of their more profitable cars, they'd hemerige profits.

I can see them doing it with any cars ordered going forward, a bit like closing new orders for electric cars. That would certainly help with the shortage and backlog. I think they'd piss off too many customers by changing existing configurations.

11 minutes ago, McDoogle said:

Baring in mind the r is definitely one of their more profitable cars, they'd hemerige profits.

I can see them doing it with any cars ordered going forward, a bit like closing new orders for electric cars. That would certainly help with the shortage and backlog. I think they'd piss off too many customers by changing existing configurations.

I agree and would be surprised if they suddenly did it to orders of people who have already been waiting months and months,that really would be a cruel blow.

59 minutes ago, TechieAli said:

I certainly wouldn’t be happy without the lights, folding mirrors or sound system. I would negotiate a discount buy the car then sell it. The people buying it wouldn’t even care or know.

Ditto

I don’t know why the RSQ3 has lost matrix headlights on the Configurator, but it’s probably a Configurator bug as the standard A3 still has them as an option, so I don’t think they’re removing them due to lack of parts. 
I’d imagine the same for the other bits at a guess. So I’m hopeful we won’t lose them. 

2 hours ago, egg said:

I don’t know why the RSQ3 has lost matrix headlights on the Configurator, but it’s probably a Configurator bug as the standard A3 still has them as an option, so I don’t think they’re removing them due to lack of parts. 
I’d imagine the same s for the other bits at a guess. So I’m hopeful we won’t lose them. 

I do think matrix has been removed deliberately, still LED though, other lights like the dynamic indicators have been dropped too on some models, and other models have been deleted form the list ie Vorshprung in some lower models. Without doubt Audi are having a very hard time sourcing the parts, and maybe saving what they have for the more expensive/higher margin cars. The chip shortage and the Russian invasion of Ukraine where quite a few harnesses are made is causing real headaches for both car manufacturers and feeds through to customers. Recently I luckily received my RSQ3 Sport Edition with all it's correct spec before the recent shortages kicked. I'd be miffed if I was ordering now.

Mike

Golf MK8 R Variant - Ordered 02/02/2022 expected May 2023

• Easy Open - electrical opening and closing of the case, with sensor control and delayed closing function
  • Audio system "Harman Kardon", digital 12-channel amp, subwoofer, 8 speakers, 480 watts total power
  • Reversing camera 'Rear View'
  • Head Up Display
  • Travel Assist + Side Assist + electric exterior mirrors. Collapsible + Emergency Assist
  • Panoramic sunroof
  • "Winter" pack with heated front and rear seats
  • LED Matrix headlights IQ.LIGHT with LED daytime running light
  • Navigation system "Discover Pro" incl. "Streaming & Internet", with voice control
  • Design pack "Black Style"
  • "R-Performance" pack (incl. Drift mode, rear spoiler in motorsport look, incl. increased top speed
  • Aluminum wheels 19" - ESTORIL BLACK - with tires 235/35 R 19

$_86.jpg$_86.jpg

$_86.jpg

29 minutes ago, Simon75 said:

Does anyone have confirmation that VW have dropped items from poeples build spec ? The configurator is still showing IQ.LIGHT - LED Matrix headlamps etc… as standard equipment. 

I read it as options rather than removing standard equipment. I’ve noticed that the configurator usually updates on a Thursday from past experience when I was waiting for my R.

5 hours ago, NWHighlander said:

I do think matrix has been removed deliberately, still LED though, other lights like the dynamic indicators have been dropped too on some models, and other models have been deleted form the list ie Vorshprung in some lower models. Without doubt Audi are having a very hard time sourcing the parts, and maybe saving what they have for the more expensive/higher margin cars. The chip shortage and the Russian invasion of Ukraine where quite a few harnesses are made is causing real headaches for both car manufacturers and feeds through to customers. Recently I luckily received my RSQ3 Sport Edition with all it's correct spec before the recent shortages kicked. I'd be miffed if I was ordering now.

Mike

I agree some parts are giving them a headache but my point is they aren’t saving parts for higher value cars if matrix led lights are removed from an RSQ3 completely but leaving them as an option on an A3 for example. 

Glad you got yours without any missing “limbs” though and fingers crossed everyone on here gets there’s through as originally requested.