Golf mk8 R order thread - post your order details!

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And here she is! What a beast! She come with Hankooks (no PP) literally in love! 

Collected earlier on this afternoon.   Top drawer service from VW Stockport I have to say! There were a few people actually waiting for it to be driven out and a couple came over to tell me

😉

Posted Images

On 14/03/2022 at 17:37, Fletch..gti said:

April 1st 21 . Yes that’s right ordered April fools day. And still waiting 😂😂😂

I ordered in April 21, my anticipated delivery date is 7th Apr 22. But it's been pushed back since Oct last year so not holding my breath

1 hour ago, Moots said:

Now been told my order is week 24. If They’re going to remove HK as well which I’ve got as part of my order, I won’t be happy…..

I’ve got the HK, if it’s removed you won’t be missing much. 

9 hours ago, Wrex said:

I’ve got the HK, if it’s removed you won’t be missing much. 

53 minutes ago, Scudgie said:

I have HK too and absolutely love it. Better than the Bose system I had in my last car and well worth it IMO

I’m still (even a year in) undecided about HK.  Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t want to be without it, but I don’t think it’s as good as Dynaudio (had on previous two Golfs). 

1 hour ago, Booth11 said:

I’m still (even a year in) undecided about HK.  Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t want to be without it, but I don’t think it’s as good as Dynaudio (had on previous two Golfs). 

the internal acoustics of the different cars will come into play though also, different angles/materials will make things sound ‘different’. always best to compare to the standard system and if the improvement in sound is worth it for you then all good 👍 

9 minutes ago, egg said:

the internal acoustics of the different cars will come into play though also, different angles/materials will make things sound ‘different’. always best to compare to the standard system and if the improvement in sound is worth it for you then all good 👍 

True and I wholly agree.  Unfortunately I’ve not had the opportunity to compare to the standard system in another 8R (or GTI/Clubsport) as they (the cars) are somewhat thin on the ground, so my observations can only be standalone, and with the inevitable comparison to other systems I’ve experienced in other cars (a 7R and a 6GTI) which will always happen to a degree.  In brief and in layman’s terms I find the HK has great clarity but lacks some depth.   

8 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

True and I wholly agree.  Unfortunately I’ve not had the opportunity to compare to the standard system in another 8R (or GTI/Clubsport) as they (the cars) are somewhat thin on the ground, so my observations can only be standalone, and with the inevitable comparison to other systems I’ve experienced in other cars (a 7R and a 6GTI) which will always happen to a degree.  In brief and in layman’s terms I find the HK has great clarity but lacks some depth.   

I don't have any experience with the HK, but the upgraded 6+1 speaker system sounds plenty full and clear to me. 

Compared to my friends 430i (G23) with Bimmers HiFi system, it sounds just as good at reasonable human levels. Crank it past what's comfortable and useful in everyday driving and it definitely muddles. But hey, I rarely listen past Vol. 25.

Just off the phone with the dealer. finally got a proper update.

Their system is showing they aren't forcibly removing the hk system from cars currently and it's the only part effected nothing else. However, you currently won't be able to spec it on new orders for the moment. I was told they'd be no point in removing it as it probably wouldn't push it forward.

I was on week 17 now 38 as expected. At least I know its actually ordered!

40 minutes ago, AlmostR said:

I don't have any experience with the HK, but the upgraded 6+1 speaker system sounds plenty full and clear to me. 

Compared to my friends 430i (G23) with Bimmers HiFi system, it sounds just as good at reasonable human levels. Crank it past what's comfortable and useful in everyday driving and it definitely muddles. But hey, I rarely listen past Vol. 25.

Good to hear you’re happy with that.  

I don’t listen to the HK at particularly high volume levels and certainly not loud enough to distort or muddy the sound.  I find the HK the volume setting I use is much lower than I used in previous cars and their sound systems.  I just find the HK a little lacking in the richness that was a so good with the Dynaudio (once speakers were burned/run in), but as said previously the clarity is better.  I’m still trying different settings through the Sound menus and equalizer (amd of course it can differ with different types of music) but have yet to find an absolute sweet spot. 

9 minutes ago, McDoogle said:

Just off the phone with the dealer. finally got a proper update.

Their system is showing they aren't forcibly removing the hk system from cars currently and it's the only part effected nothing else. However, you currently won't be able to spec it on new orders for the moment. I was told they'd be no point in removing it as it probably wouldn't push it forward.

I was on week 17 now 38 as expected. At least I know its actually ordered!

That’s great info, and must be a relief for you to know you have a car on order after your concerns.  

Definitely! I'm happy to wait as long as I know it is progressing(all be it slowly) and I get it with everything on.

I know vw are already looking elsewhere for wiring that was produced in Ukraine. Chances are the factories have already been damaged or destroyed by Russia. Hopefully this means the extra delays aren't too much.