Golf mk8 R order thread - post your order details!

2 hours ago, AHG said:

On that topic of HK and will we get one in our cars:
did anyone here take delivery of a HK-equipped R that was built in the recent few weeks ?

(after the Ukraine war started)

It may help strengthen the theory
that factory orders are not affected

(P.S. I asked my importer to verify re HK with the agent/dealer in EU that he ordered from, but I’m not sure VW is telling them anything)

I asked while I was in a couple days ago again, different sales guy who said the same thing. Existing orders aren't effected and aren't showing them as being removed. Obviously it's just causing a lot of delays on cars which have it speccd.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And here she is! What a beast! She come with Hankooks (no PP) literally in love! 

Collected earlier on this afternoon.   Top drawer service from VW Stockport I have to say! There were a few people actually waiting for it to be driven out and a couple came over to tell me

😉

Posted Images

On 24/04/2022 at 21:11, Battleshipgray said:

Called past the dealer this afternoon in case my R was parked up outside the showroom. Still to be prepped but I got a good look around the outside. I'm very impressed. Can't wait until Friday! 😍

Picked up the car this morning. Very impressed. Had a bit of a play with the modes earlier on a general drive on various types of roads. Loving it.

Well worth the wait! 

5 minutes ago, Battleshipgray said:

Picked up the car this morning. Very impressed. Had a bit of a play with the modes earlier on a general drive on various types of roads. Loving it.

Well worth the wait! 

Have fun and enjoy it! 🥳🥳

8 hours ago, dopper99 said:

Well stop the press. Actually had an email from VW saying the car is being built - finally!

Said they have scheduled a build week, not sure which one. 🙄

Ordered exactly one year ago from Medway.

image.png.15bf11e06975f141bf45a5f2479708e7.png

same here also ordered a year ago exactly, maybe that’s the trigger point 😆

I did ask the dealer for an update 2x days ago and it was showing week 22 so guess that’s when it will be then.

8 hours ago, dopper99 said:

Well stop the press. Actually had an email from VW saying the car is being built - finally!

Said they have scheduled a build week, not sure which one. 🙄

Ordered exactly one year ago from Medway.

image.png.15bf11e06975f141bf45a5f2479708e7.png

Fantastic news Andy!  🍾🎉  Hopefully not long now until it materialises!  

10 hours ago, Battleshipgray said:

Well worth the wait! 

Congratulations!  Great to hear the early impressions are good.  Enjoy!  

1 hour ago, ED45CLUB said:

Ordered a mk8 r last August still no confirmed build date ?

Order last June, no confirmed build date. Estimated Early September now. 

Lots of people before me with no build date.  You’re going to be around November, based on current estimates…

4 hours ago, Brad182 said:

Order last June, no confirmed build date. Estimated Early September now. 

Lots of people before me with no build date.  You’re going to be around November, based on current estimates…

Salesperson i was speaking to yesterday said he thinks they’ve been pushed back to wk 40 (in my case) as an extreme just in case and will probably be brought forward again at some point, not sure I can see that based on how it’s gone so far! 

Really like the Troc R as well and considering changing my order as he said he’s confident that would be 14 weeks to dealer, BUT Sod’s law dictates that as soon as I do that knowing my luck the Golf will be assigned to someone else and come forward…

If i did go for the Troc, there’s no HK or Dynaudio and no HUD, and no matrix lights which I’ve got on my current golf R order 🤔

1 hour ago, Moots said:

Salesperson i was speaking to yesterday said he thinks they’ve been pushed back to wk 40 (in my case) as an extreme just in case and will probably be brought forward again at some point, not sure I can see that based on how it’s gone so far! 

Really like the Troc R as well and considering changing my order as he said he’s confident that would be 14 weeks to dealer, BUT Sod’s law dictates that as soon as I do that knowing my luck the Golf will be assigned to someone else and come forward…

If i did go for the Troc, there’s no HK or Dynaudio and no HUD, and no matrix lights which I’ve got on my current golf R order 🤔

Yeah i noticed that too although It may be due to the current shorages for the hk. Given its the same price as the golf r, while I was looking at it, it does seem to miss a lot of the strong points like the matrix lights that the golf has.