Golf mk8 R order thread - post your order details!

Has anyone else experienced build weeks completely not showing anymore? From what the sales exec at Gateway2Lease said, it could be there there's been a reallocation but I'm really sceptical. I do want to remain hopeful seeing some build weeks coming forward but it's getting difficult to do that.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And here she is! What a beast! She come with Hankooks (no PP) literally in love! 

Collected earlier on this afternoon.   Top drawer service from VW Stockport I have to say! There were a few people actually waiting for it to be driven out and a couple came over to tell me

😉

Posted Images

1 minute ago, HR_96 said:

Has anyone else experienced build weeks completely not showing anymore? From what the sales exec at Gateway2Lease said, it could be there there's been a reallocation but I'm really sceptical. I do want to remain hopeful seeing some build weeks coming forward but it's getting difficult to do that.

I would say multiple orders going from estimated build weeks to none at all is 1 of 2 things.1, they are in the process of assigning it a confirmed build slot(1 or 2 orders). 2, they are recalculating as the current production rate has changed(lots of orders) such as recently when the plant went into full shifts and started pumping out 1000 golf's a week.

1 minute ago, McDoogle said:

I would say multiple orders going from estimated build weeks to none at all is 1 of 2 things.1, they are in the process of assigning it a confirmed build slot(1 or 2 orders). 2, they are recalculating as the current production rate has changed(lots of orders) such as recently when the plant went into full shifts and started pumping out 1000 golf's a week.

Yeah the sales guy did say that it's not just mine but multiple orders going from estimated build weeks to nothing at all over the course of the weekend that just went by. 

51 minutes ago, Rossi 46 said:

Hi all , new forum member. Ordered mine from JCB Medway last May 12th. Not only am I p*ssed off with the expectancy but the lack of communication from dealership don't help. Yeah I know there's a lot going on in the world , mostly bad, and I appreciate that, but has anybody heard anything tangible. Sold my A35 back in October as that was the original date I was given for delivery , been car less since then. Got to the point I can't remember what spec I ordered and M2 competitions are looking more desirable by the day

I share your pain mate having ordered late May 21. I've probably had in excess of 8 or 9 different unconfirmed build weeks in that time.

My latest update yesterday morning was week 37 😡 which was almost the final straw and I very nearly bought an M340i in the afternoon.

However after a decent call with the supplying dealer this morning my unconfirmed build is actually week 26 (someone didn't  read the print-out correctly) which means its only slipped a week since April.

I don't know why, but I am feeling fairly optimistic that it will go into build sometime in the next 2 months. I believe the MY23 production runs are due to start in week 25, so hopefully they are scheduling the orders placed 12 months ago or more to coincide with the new manufacturing year.

Well thats my positive spin on things anyway to help keep me waiting for a little while longer 😂. But if the bloody thing isn't here by year end I'm offski! After 12 months using the wife's Mini I'm losing the will to live 😁

I almost sold my S3 five times from ordering (Apr 21) to now, and I got some good offers, but I’m happy I didn’t as I couldn’t go on not having a car (not of necessity but psychologically. I went 4 months without a car once. Not doing that again).

3 minutes ago, AHG said:

I almost sold my S3 five times from ordering (Apr 21) to now, and I got some good offers, but I’m happy I didn’t as I couldn’t go on not having a car (not of necessity but psychologically. I went 4 months without a car once. Not doing that again).

How's the S3? Weirdly, I ended up test driving a 2018 one recently and I was potentially going to consider getting one on a PCP as the deals are similar as to what I would be spending on the R.

29 minutes ago, HR_96 said:

Yeah the sales guy did say that it's not just mine but multiple orders going from estimated build weeks to nothing at all over the course of the weekend that just went by. 

That would tie in spot on with the timing as they went full shifts at the plant on Monday, let's stay optimistic and hope we see more orders get pushed forward not back!

How's the S3? Weirdly, I ended up test driving a 2018 one recently and I was potentially going to consider getting one on a PCP as the deals are similar as to what I would be spending on the R.

I love it, really.

The sedan looks lovely, and very elegant (Daytona grey, pre-OPF).
Seats are comfy for long hauls, and it sits so low (stock 18’s no MagRide) that on hard turns you feel like it’s a go cart with very little body roll, giving you loads of confidence to go faster and faster.

2d6e5153ab7f00c24b1c32fc93fbc28f.jpg
2badf2194fd738c4facdebc3cc9dc6f4.jpg

But it is getting a bit too low for me, and the suspension is very harsh (and I keep tyre pressure high, to optimize grip), and it lacks the joie de vivre my GTI 6 had going through corners like it really wanted to turn.
The S3 will go much faster as I push it in with the Quattro (that is a great thing), but it seems like it’s made for the autobahn (does excellent mileage on high speed highways) but no so much for fun and games.

The 8R’s Magna TVC should take care of this, and then some. Big selling point for me, over new S3 or any other option. For me it’s a smaller engined RS3, which is just what I wanted (300+ HP is enough power for me, as long as it’s put to use optimally).

4ad6515a93ea39754cd46017ca7f2afa.jpg

Also, as I become older I tend to care less about what people think of my car and it’s appropriateness to my position, so I guess I just want to be a kid again and feel like the GTI used to make me feel.

Nothing logical, all emotional.
That’s why I’m going blue :-)
21 hours ago, HR_96 said:

Yeah I got told about a week ago that mine no longer had an unconfirmed build week. My original order was placed mid September last year.  At the time I was told it would take 25 weeks.

3 hours ago, ne0star said:

Yeah I got told about a week ago that mine no longer had an unconfirmed build week. My original order was placed mid September last year.  At the time I was told it would take 25 weeks.

Whoever told you that was clearly desperate for the sale 😂 I was told honestly in October it'll likely be a year which is pretty consistent until recently when some have been waiting upwards of 15 months. I would be nice to see everyone get a new estimate build week which has been moved forward at least a couple months.

42 minutes ago, faddy said:

Things are definitely moving fast with my delivery.. finance documents have been received and sent back and now also have a registration plate too.. seems to be finally happening.

Good to hear that after your long wait. 👍

16 hours ago, McDoogle said:

Whoever told you that was clearly desperate for the sale 😂 I was told honestly in October it'll likely be a year which is pretty consistent until recently when some have been waiting upwards of 15 months. I would be nice to see everyone get a new estimate build week which has been moved forward at least a couple months.

lol I couldn't honestly comment 😆.  It was James through Medway who if this forum is anything to go by isn't short on sales 😄.  To be fair if they had told me a year I would have been ok with it.  Just as well really :) 

On 04/05/2022 at 23:26, AHG said:

Also, as I become older I tend to care less about what people think of my car and it’s appropriateness to position

Spot on @AHG

I feel like that on most things. I don’t dress extravagantly - I’m a scruffy old sod, and am not showy. I grin when neighbours have expensive range rovers or Mercs on their drive and are all show when it’s pretty clear that they are financed up to their ears and living a champagne lifestyle on beer money.

Had a funny chat with a neighbour the other day, he was one of the label wearing golfers that I see quite often, asked me if I could afford to retire soon and clearly thought I was hard up. Quite the opposite I told him, might sell one of my other properties (I have three rentals all paid off), pension is pretty much maxed out, and plenty of spare cash and plan retire in next year or so to the coast. I then mentioned I might keep this place and rent it out. He didn’t like the sound of that 🤪