Golf mk8 R order thread - post your order details!

1 hour ago, AHG said:

IIRC

Mk3 was sold 1991 to 1998, when the mk4 I had just came out, and stayed on until 2004.
So, that’s 6-7 years per Gen.

Then, the mk5 was sold 2005-2008
followed by the (actually FL of 5) mk6 @ 2009-2012.
So, 7-8 years divided into 2 Gen’s.

Them mk7 came in 2013 and stayed until 2017, when the 7.5 replaced it, and was sold until 2020.
so again 7-8 years divided into 2 sub-Gen’s.

I’d venture a guess that 2025 will show a change, not sure how significant.

Maybe the R will get an Edition 20 all by itself.
That should be interesting as well.

Yes I think you’re right with the Mk7/7.5 a 4/7 year split, not 3/5.  But my point was that VW set that out a new pattern when the mk7 was introduced, with a facelift being introduced part way through the life of the mark, and I think many perhaps expect/assume the same with the mk8, regards a facelift model part way through the lifespan of the mark.  

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And here she is! What a beast! She come with Hankooks (no PP) literally in love! 

Collected earlier on this afternoon.   Top drawer service from VW Stockport I have to say! There were a few people actually waiting for it to be driven out and a couple came over to tell me

OMG.. 14 months after order it actually exists and it’s mine. I’m so happy. To all the people waiting ages, it’s worth it in the end. 👍🏻

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Dan17 said:

Hey guys, out of curiosity, maybe I missed it.

For those like me who've had their build week postponed for what it seems like forever and then recently with the last update to a no build week at all..... 

Did anyone eventually got the no build week changed to a final one or is everyone still waiting for some news? 

I did read about the new MY23 update but I was wondering if anyone got some sort of change yet? 

Or do we all have to wait for this specific new MY23 update and then the build weeks will start flowing again? 

Again sorry if I might have missed this info.

my build week has constantly been going back since September. I had a period of time where it changed to no build week at all then got another one later. However it since slipped again, so I’d just ignore the periods when there is now build week. It’s probably just a bug as their schedules are being updated. 

Hi guys, stuck between getting a mk7.5 outright with prets for around 28k. Or leasing a mk8 9+23 10k miles for 370pm. I only intend to keep it 2 years either way, just no sure which one to do!

The mk8 will be black standard spec, whereas the mk7.5 will be pre opf and with prets, but the mk8 is faster! Not sure how the sound compares in the stock exhaust.

What are your thoughts, mk7.5 outright or mk8 lease?

1 hour ago, Grr said:

Hi guys, stuck between getting a mk7.5 outright with prets for around 28k. Or leasing a mk8 9+23 10k miles for 370pm. I only intend to keep it 2 years either way, just no sure which one to do!

The mk8 will be black standard spec, whereas the mk7.5 will be pre opf and with prets, but the mk8 is faster! Not sure how the sound compares in the stock exhaust.

What are your thoughts, mk7.5 outright or mk8 lease?

I’d normally say buy the 7.5, but £28k for a 3+ year old Golf is just too much imho.  Unless you want to buy my pre OPF with Prets, DCC, leather, memory, Dynaudio etc then it’s the fair price..…I’ll do you a deal at £30k!. 🤣

48 minutes ago, Martin2 said:

I’d normally say buy the 7.5, but £28k for a 3+ year old Golf is just too much imho.  Unless you want to buy my pre OPF with Prets, DCC, leather, memory, Dynaudio etc then it’s the fair price..…I’ll do you a deal at £30k!. 🤣

If its low miles I'll give you 28k for it!

3 hours ago, Grr said:

If its low miles I'll give you 28k for it!

😁

It has done just over 38k miles I’m afraid, although in a normal (no covid) world, that’s low mileage for a car that, will be 4 years old in July.  I would have e expected it to have done 60k at this point, although not expected to keep it as long as I normally change at 2-3 years, but it’s been great.

On 06/04/2022 at 11:16, ninefivefour said:

Got an email from my dealer on Friday saying the car now has a confirmed build week and should be built in 3 weeks time, hopefully in time for a June delivery. 

Not going to believe anything until I’m sitting in the driver seat inhaling that new car smell 😆

Slowly beginning to learn that my VW dealer knows as much about when my car will be built as I know about how the hadron collider works…

Was in another VW dealer yesterday on an unrelated errand, talked to salesman about my current order and that I had been told it was due to be built this week (or last week, I really can even be bothered to remember) - he immediately laughed and said there aren’t any Golfs or Tiguans being built this month(?!)

Now, I’m not silly and I know how dealers like to play themselves off against each other but it’s left me completely deflated and uninterested in the whole situation. I’m totally p*ssed off with the communication, or lack of - I know about the unprecedented events of the last two years but this is getting stupid.

I’ve been told at least 6 timeframes when to expect the car, from July 2021 to next week. Right now, it’s looking like at least August.

Apologies for the rant, but right now I’m thinking of telling them to shove it up their arse. VW have really sapped the whole joy and excitement of ordering a new car for me

19 minutes ago, ninefivefour said:

Slowly beginning to learn that my VW dealer knows as much about when my car will be built as I know about how the hadron collider works…

Was in another VW dealer yesterday on an unrelated errand, talked to salesman about my current order and that I had been told it was due to be built this week (or last week, I really can even be bothered to remember) - he immediately laughed and said there aren’t any Golfs or Tiguans being built this month(?!)

Now, I’m not silly and I know how dealers like to play themselves off against each other but it’s left me completely deflated and uninterested in the whole situation. I’m totally p*ssed off with the communication, or lack of - I know about the unprecedented events of the last two years but this is getting stupid.

I’ve been told at least 6 timeframes when to expect the car, from July 2021 to next week. Right now, it’s looking like at least August.

Apologies for the rant, but right now I’m thinking of telling them to shove it up their arse. VW have really sapped the whole joy and excitement of ordering a new car for me

Your situation is not particular to you, a few of us have been waiting over 12 months for our cars now! 🙂 We are all in the same boat and you just need to be patient. 

9 hours ago, ninefivefour said:

Feel your pain, but if you cancel it’s odds on the dealer won’t cancel the order and will have it sold to someone else before it turns up, at list price, so will make even more profit

12 hours ago, ninefivefour said:

Golfs and Tiguans are for sure being built this month.

Did he maybe mean specifically for your market?

Or for this dealership?

And please someone correct me if I'm wrong - unless this dealer is a subsidiary of the same company than the one where you ordered from - they can't know if yours is being built or not. They shouldn't have permissions to look into that.

At least that was my understanding when I was ordering my Golf R - he looked into the system if any are ordered to be "on stock" at their other subsidiaries, but it was a negative.

1 - 3 months later several from other dealers (not subsidiaries) popped online - brand new of course. Thought to myself I should've waited it out instead of ordering.

Also had a similar experience with Kia.

On 14/05/2022 at 22:14, ninefivefour said:

I understand your point exactly. But wait it out. It will be worth it when it arrives. 

1 hour ago, faddy said:

Question for anyone who has taken delivery lately - does the car come with Mats

It’s part of the standard spec still I believe.  Certainly it came with R logo mats a year ago.  Don’t think that’s changed at all but hopefully someone who’s recently received their car can confirm.  Maybe @Battleshipgray as he took delivery a couple weeks back I think.  

They should look like this

423101D7-F7CF-47ED-96C7-BB902C868865.thumb.jpeg.735e65a82c3d904991120210ecc4d03f.jpeg

and this thread might be useful 

Thanks guys - ill take a read.  My delivery date has been confirmed and my annual leave booked in the diary.  Insurance all paid for (£535) and service plan all sorted.  Just need to sort out my private number plate now.