Golf mk8 R order thread - post your order details!

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And here she is! What a beast! She come with Hankooks (no PP) literally in love! 

Collected earlier on this afternoon.   Top drawer service from VW Stockport I have to say! There were a few people actually waiting for it to be driven out and a couple came over to tell me

😉

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Aid7072 said:

My last VW was at the dealer 4 days after leaving the factory(Fri to Tue),ridiculously quick.By James I'd say its VW Medway which is the same place my car came from.

If you have a build week in July you have just got in before the 3 week holiday shutdown for Golf production.

20220630_154902.jpg

Those were the days!  

Mine took just 2 days from Sheerness docks to JCB Medway.  But like yours that was before it all went pear shaped. 

2 hours ago, Booth11 said:

Those were the days!  

Mine took just 2 days from Sheerness docks to JCB Medway.  But like yours that was before it all went pear shaped. 

Yeah those were the days although my 8R spent the maximum 10 days at Sheerness,I've been lucky that both cars delivered in the past year seemed to be put on a boat at Emden the day they turned up there.

I felt hard done to waiting 5 months,yourself even less.How lucky we were.

1 minute ago, Bugs2206 said:

I can understand delays building a car, due to shortages etc. But it seems odd that it's now taking longer to ship them? When mine left factory recently, I was told it would be 6 weeks from factory to dealership.

In recent years it was always roughly to allow 4 weeks from leaving factory to dealership but some could be quicker than that. 

24 minutes ago, Aid7072 said:

Yeah those were the days although my 8R spent the maximum 10 days at Sheerness,I've been lucky that both cars delivered in the past year seemed to be put on a boat at Emden the day they turned up there.

I felt hard done to waiting 5 months,yourself even less.How lucky we were.

Yes mine was 9 weeks from order to collection which is the quickest I’ve ever got a car.  Was told it would be 5 months.  My Mk7 took 8 months and the 2 cars preceding that took 5 months.  

31 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

In recent years it was always roughly to allow 4 weeks from leaving factory to dealership but some could be quicker than that. 

Fair enough. Not too much of an increase really then. I imagine with fewer cars being made, there will be fewer ships going out, so longer in each port waiting for a ship.

17 minutes ago, Bugs2206 said:

Fair enough. Not too much of an increase really then. I imagine with fewer cars being made, there will be fewer ships going out, so longer in each port waiting for a ship.

It can still be quick now,my 4 days for a car leaving the factory(8th)to arriving at the dealer(12th) was in April this year.

17 minutes ago, Aid7072 said:

It can still be quick now,my 4 days for a car leaving the factory(8th)to arriving at the dealer(12th) was in April this year.

All depends if your car gets to the port when the ship is there, and not a few hours after it’s sailed...Then a couple of weeks wait for the next one maybe..