Golf mk8 R order thread - post your order details!

Booth11

2 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

I’ve also had a bit of good news from the exec advising my car has been built and is @Emden 🥳

Yeehaa! 😂

Sounds like everyone who had BW 34 or 29 have their car @the port 🥳

Lets hope all our cars are on the Patara that’s due into Sheerness @20:00 hrs tomorrow! 

I've been advised mine should come in via Grimsby.  I note the Viking Constanza is on the return leg from Grimsby back to Emden so I wonder if it will be repeating this journey?

3 hours ago, Brad182 said:

you may have already said, but who is your dealer?

They seem really good with providing information. 

Dealer in Northern Ireland and yes, they have been good a passing on what information they get. 

VW on the other hand ….. delivery information almost as hard to come by as the EA189 Diesel engine real World emissions figures!  

1 hour ago, DJM said:

I've been advised mine should come in via Grimsby.  I note the Viking Constanza is on the return leg from Grimsby back to Emden so I wonder if it will be repeating this journey?

Well I hope so for you, and the sooner the better.

Could it already be in Grimsby ? I suppose that’s what we are talking about, nobody knows 😂It’s just a guessing game, they sure like to keep us on our toes.

But after everything has been said and done, let’s be honest it’s exciting that our cars are on it’s way and it won’t be long Now !

We’ve served our time 😂

In theory you should be able to find the port schedule and it will show what vessels they are expecting.

Hi guys,

I have had the following information from VW customer services regarding my Golf R and my wife's R Line

Golf R:
there is no update at the moment and this order is on status 0 and with no build week.

Golf R line:
this order is on its way to emdem on its way to the UK  will be delivered estimated by 11/10/22 this is an estimated date.

Guessing my Golf R might take another 6 months or so- who knows....

44 minutes ago, McDoogle said:

Just had the first update from the dealer that I didn't ask for. I was half expecting him to say its got a confirmed week but not quite. Been pushed back to bw 20 2023 so not expecting it under the 2 year mark.

Nooo.  I really hope that it moves again for an earlier confirmed bw.  We will cross our collective forum fingers and toes for you. 

2 hours ago, McDoogle said:

Just had the first update from the dealer that I didn't ask for. I was half expecting him to say its got a confirmed week but not quite. Been pushed back to bw 20 2023 so not expecting it under the 2 year mark.

I reckon I’ll be in the 2 year club with you when mine arrives. Keep that chin up 😊

Thanks guys. As frustrating as it is, it's not bothered me that much as it just gives me more time to move into our new house and save up for a larger deposit to bring the monthly payments down alittle more. I do think if I get call saying it'll be 2024 then I'll 100 percent cancel, over 2 years wait is just insane imo but we shall see. 

I'm still looking forward to it after seeing the pp model in the dealer, id happily take delivery of it before Christmas if I could 😂

I’m still at Emdem apparently…

“Hope you are well, we have checked the VW system and confirm your order is build and now at the Port of Emde, we hope to see it assigned to a boat to the UK very soon, we do like to advise a few weeks for this process, the Ports are quite busy at the moment, but we will advise you further once on the way/arrived in the UK.”

6 hours ago, Brad182 said:

I’m still at Emdem apparently…

“Hope you are well, we have checked the VW system and confirm your order is build and now at the Port of Emde, we hope to see it assigned to a boat to the UK very soon, we do like to advise a few weeks for this process, the Ports are quite busy at the moment, but we will advise you further once on the way/arrived in the UK.”

Boo 👎🏼 
Bored Daily Show GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

As long as your car isn’t built, you think (oh, well, more issues will be solved by the time it does), but once it’s built you think “it’s not getting any better, or younger, so gimme gimme” … I was lucky to get it roughly 6 weeks after production (though it traveled 4 countries to get to me). Heard of people in US and Canada getting April-made cars this month (Sep).

No worse than my Audi S1. Ordered on day of release (Mother’s Day 2014) it left the factory got as far as the port and actually got sent back to the factory for a recall. Took a good few months to get it. 

(The recall was to put extra heat shielding in engine bay as TopGear managed to set their press car on fire….).