Golf mk8 R order thread - post your order details!

Booth11

1 hour ago, AHG said:

Just saw a video of the 20ED with HK in Germany

I think it is not ok to postpone HK orderers

while putting them in newly made press cars

bit that is the way of the world unfortunately 

I agree!  

9 hours ago, SuperSaiyanAbz said:

Last I checked I had a confirmed build week of Week 6 2023. But I got that update at the end of October. I'm May 2021 order with HK as well. I really hope I'm not without a build week now.

Am the same April 21 . Also had HK build week 5 2023 . Well last I was told 

Golf R ordered June 2022.

DCC

Performance Pack

Panoramic sunroof

Winter pack

Rear view camera

Black paint (all paint colours suck IMO)

Sales advised expected delivery date June 2023 (and the rest), but no communication on the current inability to order the Performance pack.

3 hours ago, Krill said:

Golf R ordered June 2022.

DCC

Performance Pack

Panoramic sunroof

Winter pack

Rear view camera

Black paint (all paint colours suck IMO)

Sales advised expected delivery date June 2023 (and the rest), but no communication on the current inability to order the Performance pack.

Nice spec! 

You'll still get the pp, you just can't spec it on new orders. Same goes for HK sound system.

Current wait times are 18 months average so I'd say late 2023 before you get any news of delivery. Fingers crossed things start getting quicker though.

Thanks for the heads up, if so that's great news. It's my wife's car, but we want it delivered no earlier than June next year so another 6 month delay wouldn't be that bad for us. I can see how most people would want it ASAP though!

Still wish I could get it in the GTI red. The GTI in red is possibly the best looking Golf mk8 IMO.

19 hours ago, Tom2893 said:

Small update here, still no build date but the dealer said it's likely to be Q1 delivery

Ordered October2021

I'd have thought a q1 delivery would have had a build week at least, it's only 4 months away. Fingers crossed though for you!

1 hour ago, McDoogle said:

I'd have thought a q1 delivery would have had a build week at least, it's only 4 months away. Fingers crossed though for you!

My build only went confirmed 2-3 weeks before it was due. 

Incentive to keep waiting folks:   New 220 kw GR Corolla is $72k (similar to our  single spec 235 kw engined R’s with all the fruit) AUD and 0-100 in a massively disappointing (given the pre launch hype) 5.1 seconds only as tested here in Australia by Wheels magazine.  Hang in there, the R is still the quickest and the value king…