Jump to content

Golf mk8 R order thread - post your order details!


Booth11
 Share

Recommended Posts

So, thought I'd give my dealer a nudge this morning.
Came back with an unconfirmed BW12. Ordered August '21.
Still in hope rather than expectation, but that's the first time I've had any sort of date.
 
Interestingly, he also told me that they'd recently had a "bulletin" that the digital key option has been removed from all existing orders. Saves me £215 I suppose .
Maybe that might move mine along a bit? 
 
Cheers, Dave 

Hey Dave, what is
the digital key option???


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, mpv said:


Hey Dave, what is
the digital key option???


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allows you to use your phone as a key. Thought it would be quite cool and convenient but the more I’ve read, the less I’ve cared about it and to be honest, removing it from the spec isn’t a big deal. I’ll put the money towards the ceramic coating instead! 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You do realize you are not getting updates, you are just getting “pacifiers”.

No way for us peasants to tell if the car is built or not, until we receive a VIN and asked to settle the bill.

 

Some friends of mine received updates (formal ones) about BW and status, and when the VIN was checked, it was apparent they were told stories

 

(one was told the ship forgot to unload the car therefor it took another 1.5 months for it to be here again. VIN showed the car wasn’t even built then. Another friend had the opposite, he was told the car is not built because the factory is shut down due to war in Ukraine, then 3 days later “the car is here and will be ready for delivery next week, please arrange insurance”.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well it nearly didn't happen, but I'm really glad it did and this morning my brand new car rolled off the transporter!

 

After a 9-year hiatus from VW I'm finally back in a golf. Named after similarly sounding/spelt words to 'Golf', my Mk4 GTI was called Olof, so now it's a pleasure to introduce to you all R-olf! (See what I did there?!)😎

 

 

image.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Nickopolaidis said:

Well it nearly didn't happen, but I'm really glad it did and this morning my brand new car rolled off the transporter!

 

After a 9-year hiatus from VW I'm finally back in a golf. Named after similarly sounding/spelt words to 'Golf' my Mk4 GTI was called Olof, so now it's a pleasure to introduce to you all,  R-olf! (See what I did there?!)😎

 

Golf.jpg


Congratulations!  
 

Hello R-olf!

 

Looks fantastic adorning your driveway, be even better once you start eating up those roads.    Really pleased for you.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nickopolaidis said:

Well it nearly didn't happen, but I'm really glad it did and this morning my brand new car rolled off the transporter!

 

After a 9-year hiatus from VW I'm finally back in a golf. Named after similarly sounding/spelt words to 'Golf', my Mk4 GTI was called Olof, so now it's a pleasure to introduce to you all R-olf! (See what I did there?!)😎

 

 

image.jpeg


looks great. Make sure you get some extra security for it if you haven’t already 👍🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been following this thread as an interest as had my own wait on receiving 128Ti just before Christmas due to similar issues within BMW that are delaying everyone receiving their Golf R, but around the time received mine, many others did also, on time, and with no push backs, which till that point was a regular occurrence and that has continued into this year with many receiving their cars on time. 

 

This says to me, if trend continues across ranges, there will be a glut of exchanges starting to hit the forecourts and surely that will burst the second hand exorbitant prices at the moment, where some cars over 3 years old are near their retail price!

 

Have also noted that Cazoo is seeking to close many of its centers due to drop in demand, which given the overall living costs is no surprise, as that second hand car someone was buying reasonably a few years back, are as stated, presently new car prices. 

 

They sold 65,000 used cars in 2022, but are forecasting just 40,000 in 2023, that's a significant drop.

 

£30,000 for a 3 year old car is a lot to find and justify opposed to maybe having to find £20,000 ish not that long ago. 

 

Be interesting to see if anyone else thinks the same? that second hand car prices will drop significantly, and that does have an effect on exchanges and prices been promised maybe later in year, early next

 

Rebecca, not sure this right place to drop in, so feel free to move, but did think was linked to folk awaiting cars or buying second hand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

You can get an unsecured personal loan for up to roughly £25k at a really good APR rate compared to car finance. That covered most 2nd hand cars a year or so ago. Now with car prices rising, 2nd hand residuals will be well above the maximum loan allowed either forcing people into vastly expensive PCP deals, or alternatively ending up with them not bothering to change and keeping what they've got.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, AHG said:

 

Welcome Rolf
meet your left-handed twin sister, Bluey.

 

630CAAA7-FAC0-414A-8E0F-E2944DF5E3FF.thumb.jpeg.702128a30edf106c958d1dbc70814c81.jpeg

 

A0AFAEF1-1698-4254-9C65-AFB5DBFAC0C1.thumb.jpeg.ae2f7b59f5205cbc9188e83cdc54eaaf.jpeg

 

Bluey has nicer footwear than Rolf does, sadly I got the Potenza's also. I had the same in 19" Bridgestones on my 2021 M135i and already I've noticed that ride is worse on the smaller 18" golf on these tyres!

 

I could change them to Michelin's, but I won't as I took a maintenance agreement out which replaces tyres when worn/punctured so it would defeat the object. Maybe I can persuade them to give me something nicer at a later date!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/01/2023 at 09:55, Nickopolaidis said:

Well it nearly didn't happen, but I'm really glad it did and this morning my brand new car rolled off the transporter!

 

After a 9-year hiatus from VW I'm finally back in a golf. Named after similarly sounding/spelt words to 'Golf', my Mk4 GTI was called Olof, so now it's a pleasure to introduce to you all R-olf! (See what I did there?!)😎

 

 

image.jpeg

Happy for you mate. Nice name also👍 looks like your new build site is still under construction so good luck keeping (him) clean until the finish the roads. Enjoy mate as I think VW are still waiting for my paint to dry before I get mine which was meant to be built last week🙈

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Hertsman said:

Been following this thread as an interest as had my own wait on receiving 128Ti just before Christmas due to similar issues within BMW that are delaying everyone receiving their Golf R, but around the time received mine, many others did also, on time, and with no push backs, which till that point was a regular occurrence and that has continued into this year with many receiving their cars on time. 

 

This says to me, if trend continues across ranges, there will be a glut of exchanges starting to hit the forecourts and surely that will burst the second hand exorbitant prices at the moment, where some cars over 3 years old are near their retail price!

 

Have also noted that Cazoo is seeking to close many of its centers due to drop in demand, which given the overall living costs is no surprise, as that second hand car someone was buying reasonably a few years back, are as stated, presently new car prices. 

 

They sold 65,000 used cars in 2022, but are forecasting just 40,000 in 2023, that's a significant drop.

 

£30,000 for a 3 year old car is a lot to find and justify opposed to maybe having to find £20,000 ish not that long ago. 

 

Be interesting to see if anyone else thinks the same? that second hand car prices will drop significantly, and that does have an effect on exchanges and prices been promised maybe later in year, early next

 

Rebecca, not sure this right place to drop in, so feel free to move, but did think was linked to folk awaiting cars or buying second hand.

This is why I’ve hung on to my original Oct ‘21 golf R order. Many time I could have bought a registered car or very low mileage golf r but at a much higher price to what I will be paying when it eventually arrives. 
We bought a Corsa for my daughter to learn to drive in a year ago, even then the salesman admitted it was £1000 more than it was pre-covid. Lucky we paid cash rather than finance. Used car market for people buying a car on finance is a viscous circle just now in my eyes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Current Donation Goals

    • Raised £165
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...