Booth11

Golf mk8 R order thread - post your order details!

35 minutes ago, AlexLFC17 said:

How are you guys checking your unconfirmed build week?

I get mine from the dealer I ordered with,send him email and he usually replies quick with whatever build date is currently on their system or possibly whatever week he chooses to make up is possibly another scenario😉

A couple of weeks ago I contacted the dealer to add Pano Roof to my order. I was at stage 2 with supposed BW19.

Still at stage 2. Does anyone know if, by ordering the Roof, that is likely to push my BW back further?

On 19/02/2021 at 20:32, MK8TOM said:

Day 7 of 8R ownership.

During a 2 hour car ride to the mountains, in -4 degree weather. The AC menu decided to complete freeze, blasting cold(ish) air at max power non stop. Heated seats weren’t working.. nothing climate related was working. Tried turning the car off and back on 3 times. Nothing. Lets just say my girlfriend wasn’t very impressed... 

857BEF15-A1CF-479D-A9DE-BC3D98C6ED00.jpeg

@MK8TOM did you manage to get this sorted and how is the the rest of the new R experience going?

4 hours ago, Dvy145 said:

Is this DTD everyone keeps mentioning?

https://www.drivethedeal.com/

Might find out if its worth ordering with someone new given i'm BW26. Although i've just added DCC so will see if that has any better or worse impact :)

Yes, as mentioned a number of members (self included) have ordered via Drivethedeal (good on discount and a well established broker).  Unknown through if it’s worth you starting a new order as DTD orders seem to be random too as to lead-in times etc, with some being quick and others much slower. 

A couple of weeks ago I contacted the dealer to add Pano Roof to my order. I was at stage 2 with supposed BW19.

Still at stage 2. Does anyone know if, by ordering the Roof, that is likely to push my BW back further?

I had unconfirmed BW9 and added the PP and the next update was unconfirmed BW12.
I did ask if it would delay my order as I had to sign a new agreement. Was told it wouldn’t as just a formality with an unconfirmed BW. But then I got a different BW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, the tracker is far from great. Hope the software in the mk8 is better than the UI & backend database of VW's website. 

You may want to try creating a new account under another e-mail address. I'm onto my 3rd account now as a result of the previous 2 failing. 

Hi all

It's been a while but after the last 7R when back in 2016 I'm jumping back in with the 8!  Thinking back the 2.5 years with the 7 was awesome, that was a Lapiz manual with zero options.  This time it's obviously DSG with just Lapiz and winter pack added, can't wait!  Ordered around 4-5 weeks ago, still waiting on build week allocation.  Configurator was a tad confusing, I ordered the 'regular' winter pack as wasn't bothered about heated rear seats.  However, I want heated steering wheel which shows in the standard spec but also part of the more expensive winter pack, can anyone confirm UK spec!!??

Also disappointed to learn that the brochure seemed to have changed in that it states you can't have the map displaying on the driver dash/cluster, only the central screen unless the Nav is updated, some 'digital cockpit pro', unless again, someone knows a little more on this?!

Cheers all...

37 minutes ago, Jimbo095 said:

Hi all

It's been a while but after the last 7R when back in 2016 I'm jumping back in with the 8!  Thinking back the 2.5 years with the 7 was awesome, that was a Lapiz manual with zero options.  This time it's obviously DSG with just Lapiz and winter pack added, can't wait!  Ordered around 4-5 weeks ago, still waiting on build week allocation.  Configurator was a tad confusing, I ordered the 'regular' winter pack as wasn't bothered about heated rear seats.  However, I want heated steering wheel which shows in the standard spec but also part of the more expensive winter pack, can anyone confirm UK spec!!??

Also disappointed to learn that the brochure seemed to have changed in that it states you can't have the map displaying on the driver dash/cluster, only the central screen unless the Nav is updated, some 'digital cockpit pro', unless again, someone knows a little more on this?!

Cheers all...

Welcome back to R ownership, well soon to be.  Great to hear that you have good memories of your 7.5 and are getting an 8R this time round.  

The Configurator is confusing for sure.  The heated steering wheel is standard.  So if you spec Winter Pack 1 (non rear seats) and you have standard cloth interior, then you’ll get heated seats, heated washer jets and low washer fluid warning.  Despite Winter Pack 2 showing heated steering wheel, it’s still standard spec.  The Configurator works on a basis of options items included over base spec models so it’s very confusing with higher models which have some of these things as standard.  But it’s been discussed on here a lot and worked out.  

Yes it’s understood that in order to have dual map display (on both infotainment screen and dash screen) you need the Pro Nav this time, unlike in the 7.5 where it was part of the basic nav.  But there’s some posts on here that relate to the possibility of being able to code it so that standard nav can show both.