Msportman

Merc C63s....too much power on a Country B road blast.

3 hours ago, Count Drunkula said:

That's the problem with a well sorted 7R , it punches so far above its price bracket it gets into scary money to find something that will make it worthwhile replacing 🤣

Absolutely spot on!

It really is get your cheque book out time!

The cars in the above bracket are RS3, A45S M2 Comp. If left stock it’s more or less the same amount of shove as a good stage2 R 🤔

Going up from that in performance terms are GT3, GT4 or GTR.

Big power estates (RS4/6) don’t do it for me especially on a good trackday.....way to expensive in fuel and consumables....bit like a GTR I expect.

Out of the cars I’d love a GT4 as a real step up.

On 11/01/2021 at 13:29, Msportman said:

Just quickly scanned the magazine article on the new RS3.....just a few subtle changes.....software I wonder or uprated turbo ? Who knows yet but it’s only a 20bhp hike.

Not sure on this new diff and how good it will make the car for track. Maybe the last proper RS3 ?

May fit in nicely if end of the year if my budget limit allows.....I’ve bought into the wife’s plan on new kitchen extension etc etc!

Still the old 7R is still a good place to be.

As predicted another 20hp and 8R trick rear diff

https://www.motor1.com/news/465925/2022-audi-rs3-more-power/

I would still take a c63 over the r tbh - i think the bottom non s version is the better one to have in this country.

Although tbh the c43 really is catching my eye at the m oment as capable as the r is, its a bit dull in sound etc. I know you can change it, but stock v stock the c43 sounds tonnes better imho.

9 minutes ago, gazza5 said:

....i think the bottom non s version is the better one to have in this country.

There isnt a lot between them. I drove both before i bought mine and the C63s just felt a little more livelier on the throttle, but hardly much.

A mate bought a C63 at the same time as mine and it'll still go sideways very easily (if thats your bag!).

Very little between them.