slider09

This shouldn’t happen......

This is completely wrong in my opinion. Badly damaged car auctioned off and not put through the “register” as a category car. Not sure on this lads mechanical skills but that car is a mess - would be written off.

Pity the new owner of this once repaired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it is perceived that large sums of money can be made by buying crashed cars, fixing them up and then selling, it won’t take long before the unscrupulous get involved in it.  If parts are needed cheaply to fix up a car...where might be a ready source?  
@Gavras used to talk much of this problem and the need for it to be better prevented, which would benefit the many, not the few.🤔

There’s a guy on BabyBMW.net who specifically tracks cars through the trades.

Hundreds of them monthly that are on no register anywhere other than his along with pics of the damage to them, etc.

He now has a site that you can search with all the information should you have any concerns about a vehicle 

I watch his stuff sometimes, not a great mechanic though.

That said he's way beyond my skill and the sort of mate you'd want round to give you a hand.

I've seen him raffle off one of the repaired cars, makes enough from YouTube and sponsorship to let it go cheap probably.

That car is apparently a stolen and crashed lease car that he bought from an auction. It's a category N or S (most likely), not sure why it's not recorded as such. Registration is VK18ZNA.

I’d love to know what that actually cost them to repair. 👀

The thing is even the Premium brand dealers are hiding repairs from the register. When someone pulled off their drive into the side of my previous Audi, I called the main dealer to have them repair it (wasn’t my fault, so I wanted it put back to spec) they told me they didn’t do repairs and gave me the number of the approved bodyshop next door, because they didn’t want to affect the resale price.  £5,000 for two(?) doors, a sill and arc repair :shocked:…and a “new" wheel. I’m sure they cut corners, too.  You just know someone at the main dealer got a stuffed envelope for the handover.

IMG_7320.thumb.jpeg.d06552412d094d6f93898af402539607.jpeg

I’ve been watching Matt Armstrong for a while. He’s comes across as a genuine bloke and uses Mallory Performance to help with the less simple stuff that needs to be done. I’m interested to see how he manages it and how he will have it tuned. As it’s a lease I bet it’s not anyone on here.

Would I trust a guy who wears a baseball cap backwards, has stupid hoops in his ears with crap tattoos?

He may say the same to sales folk who sell toilets?

18 hours ago, Kevmoz said:

I’ve been watching Matt Armstrong for a while. He’s comes across as a genuine bloke and uses Mallory Performance to help with the less simple stuff that needs to be done. I’m interested to see how he manages it and how he will have it tuned. As it’s a lease I bet it’s not anyone on here.

Same here, been watching him for a while. His last attempt failed, crashed C63, he could have botched it but chose not to and i think he's selling it for spares.

I really like Matts content, seems like a sound guy. I'm sure the car will be decent when he's done with it. He's made enough off his channel to quit his job and buy three houses as an extra income.... can't be bad eh.

He has already fixed an R8 and a Bentley. He's also worked on a A45 and a few other cars. 

17 hours ago, BobbyT said:

I really like Matts content, seems like a sound guy. I'm sure the car will be decent when he's done with it. He's made enough off his channel to quit his job and buy three houses as an extra income.... can't be bad eh.

He has already fixed an R8 and a Bentley. He's also worked on a A45 and a few other cars. 

The crash repaired R8 is being raffled off at the moment, £15 A ticket, sold out within hours.

On 13/01/2021 at 15:49, VWR2018 said:

There’s a guy on BabyBMW.net who specifically tracks cars through the trades.

Hundreds of them monthly that are on no register anywhere other than his along with pics of the damage to them, etc.

He now has a site that you can search with all the information should you have any concerns about a vehicle 

Whats the website mate? He used to post on m3cutters, I've tried searching for his posts with keywords since but unable to find any so website link would be appreciated. 👍