TheWood1978

Golf 8R Insurance Quotes

How do

Quick One for you guys.

Have you managed to get any insurance quotes so far and if so from who and what sort of prices. Bit about you may be useful if willing to share.

Im 42, Male, Clean License, Live in Keighley, West Yorkshire.

Ive managed to get one quote from CompareTheMarket (£1500/y) but they wont do monthly and some of em had Black Boxes Required lol.

The 2021 Model doesn't seem to be on most of the sites, including my current insurer Aviva.

I dont want to get to June delivery and have issues insuring the car.....

Comments welcome.

TheWood

How do

Quick One for you guys.

Have you managed to get any insurance quotes so far and if so from who and what sort of prices. Bit about you may be useful if willing to share.

Ive managed to get one quote from CompareTheMarket (£1500/y) but they wont do monthly and some of em had Black Boxes Required lol.

The 2021 Model doesn't seem to be on most of the sites, including my current insurer Aviva.

Comments welcome.

TheWood

How do

Quick One for you guys.

Comments welcome.

TheWood

£1500?? Is Keighley the Baghdad of the north??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But early to be looking no? I mean would quotes provided now even be valid in June? Some are only valid for a month say so you may be wasting your time for now...

Not looked yet tbh but I’m assuming it will be similar to my mk7.5 - don’t know how the insurance groups compares between them?

Edit - just had a look at the brochure and it just says “tba” for insurance group on the R.

Not entirely surprised you’re struggling for a price as a result. May be easier to get quotes once the group has been confirmed.

Hey

Ive done better now, got some quotes from mustard.co.uk, in the region of £750. Obv ill need to quote nearer the time but at least i have a idea on costs.

Did  change address to my parents address and it was £2300!! Closer to Bradford Centre than i am...

TheWood

Prior to purchasing I checked with DirectLIne who insured my VW Golf mk7 GTi performance for £260 a year, for a cost to insure the MK8 R I was inform it would be an extra £180 on my current policy which was only a month old into a 12 month policy. 

I always check what a car would cost to insure before purchase. 

On 13/01/2021 at 14:26, TheWood1978 said:

How do

Quick One for you guys.

Comments welcome.

TheWood

I just got these back for 10,000 miles per annum based on fully comp protected for me and the misses.Car kept on driveway overnight,20+ years no claims and clean licence.Live in a village about 6 miles from Paisley/Glasgow Airport,prices were so low I had to check all my details.

Screenshot_20210402-181819_Samsung Internet.jpg

9 minutes ago, Aid7072 said:

I just got these back for 10,000 miles per annum based on fully comp protected for me and the misses.Car kept on driveway overnight,20+ years no claims and clean licence.Live in a village about 6 miles from Paisley/Glasgow Airport,prices were so low I had to check all my details.

This is the dream for me haha! Being quoted close to 2k as I’m 20 even with 3+ years ncb etc 🤦‍♂️🤣

1 hour ago, AlexLFC17 said:

This is the dream for me haha! Being quoted close to 2k as I’m 20 even with 3+ years ncb etc 🤦‍♂️🤣

Age really discriminates against people nowadays,you are doing well to insure an at 8R at 20 so well done.

3 hours ago, Aid7072 said:

WOW mate that's awesome, i cancelled my R order in the end due to both total costs with lease payment plus fuel plus insurance, was gonna be +£600 a month on top of what i had been paying on my owned Audi A4 3.0.

Went for the ID3 instead which ive has since 11th Feb. Defo not as much fun as a R would be but free Electric atm so cant complain. We defo the best decision financially. Paying £39.99 a month insurance on the ID3.

Hope you enjoy ya R.

TheWood

17 hours ago, Aid7072 said:

Wow, cheap. My 7.5 is around £300, but I live just inside the M25.

I have 20+ no claims, but most insurers only count up to 10

So, two quotes from Aviva, but fairly close.. 

(Quote me happy is an Aviva company)

I am currently with QMH and get an extra £30 discount at renewal as SWMBO has her car with them too. As long as registered at same address get discount at each renewal on each car, but have to go direct.

Always with using a comparison site to get a benchmark too

I paid around £600 on 7.5R at last renewal (July 20)
And quotes for the 8R are coming in around £350.

19yrs NCB (protected)
Clean License
Personal injury and legal added to the base quote.
40 years old.

Unfortunately I only live 15-20 miles away from the car crime capital of the UK being Wolverhampton and Birmingham. So even though are far enough away to generally not be too bothered with car crime every night/week, it does happen every now and again usually with peoples BMW’s to be honest.

Plus my work address doesn’t help as that is a Wolverhampton postcode despite my car being behind a secured fence line and have guards on the only entrance/exit 24/7/365 (Military)

I’ll take £350 all day long compared to what I was paying on the 7.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1505336509_Screenshot_20210402-181819_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.afdbdd1cc31c08a4726fa7d4847a1319.jpg

Big excess though!

18 minutes ago, camelsac2002 said:

Big excess though!

I've spoken to Admiral who my insurance is currently with and they have beaten the lowest price slightly and it includes a £250 compulsory and £150 voluntary,I'm used to high excesses from the cars I've owned so doesn't bother me.Dont even have the car yet,only got a quote out of curiosity.

I have just gone over the quotes and they all have excesses totalling at least £450 including the annual premiums of £400+ so it looks like the excesses may be high as standard.

Just a quick one in regards to insurance. When shopping around for insurance quotes, do the insurance companies offer GAP insurance or include it in any policies? 

Also are their any other good GAP insurance websites / companies that people have used in the past?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Nath_27 said:

Just a quick one in regards to insurance. When shopping around for insurance quotes, do the insurance companies offer GAP insurance or include it in any policies? 

Also are their any other good GAP insurance websites / companies that people have used in the past?

Thanks

ALA are very good and competitive.  I’ve got GAP for my 8R with them and also had it in my 7R through them..

Have a look in this thread for that and some other recommendations. Plus there’s an ALA discount code in there too.