JM97

Launch Control Problems

I've also launched it only a handful of times, mostly when I first got it - bit naughty as it only had 100 miles on it before the first one. Baptism by launch :D

Haven't really found the need to go through the whole procedure of launching it since the last time I did a few years back. Though recently I've been driving more and more with ESP fully off (just for fun) and since I'm always in DSG S mode - I might do it more often. Though coming across a straight bit of road, no other cars, no hazards etc. is pretty rare where I am.

59 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

Don’t be tempted by a road near an airport. 😂

Actually......I often use the Shell station at Newcastle Airport for V-Power.  After this I Must take extra care on the way In and Out. 😀

2 hours ago, NRW said:

Well....?  C’mon.  Share please.😀

I did post this some time ago on here somewhere 😉

Stock 2019 OPF car apart from pedal box:

image.png.481787be3614a17924628373d92793bd.png

Factory fit Continental 5 tyres too and not the grippy Michelins which a few fit on here. Car had probably done around 10K miles but not sure.

4 hours ago, dopper99 said:

i've launched mine a couple of times ........... only because I bought a Dragy and was curious what times it would do. 😎

Andy, we know a 19 R like yours will do 60 in about 4.5 seconds from rest.  But didn’t you loan your Dragy to a mate, Dave, who also has an R?

1 hour ago, dopper99 said:

Factory fit Continental 5 tyres too and not the grippy Michelins which a few fit on here. Car had probably done around 10K miles but not sure.

Damn decent imho.  I’d be happy with that. Such figures were unimaginable a few years back. 👍

3 hours ago, NRW said:

Andy, we know a 19 R like yours will do 60 in about 4.5 seconds from rest.  But didn’t you loan your Dragy to a mate, Dave, who also has an R?

No Neil I’ve not lent it to anyone. Maybe you’re thinking of someone else 😉

The first Dragy run I did in a different location was appalling and over 5 secs with some wheels spin.  Thought my Haldex had a problem, but the above time must mean it’s ok.