Captjack

Low trade in prices and stupid offers on eBay

Trying to sell the wife’s car, advertise on autotrader, just getting stupid offers, as low as £16500, highest £17250,  it’s a 2018 R estates, 40000, good condition, just had full service and mot. Best I’ve managed from a main dealer is £18000 against a 2020 estate with 900 miles.

22 minutes ago, Captjack said:

Trying to sell the wife’s car, advertise on autotrader, just getting stupid offers, as low as £16500, highest £17250,  it’s a 2018 R estates, 40000, good condition, just had full service and mot. Best I’ve managed from a main dealer is £18000 against a 2020 estate with 900 miles.

How much were you expecting to get. ?

Mileage maybe?  Out of curiosity I put mine into Motorway and got £24947 back, and Autotr#der suggesting a further £600:for a private sale advert.    Don’t think I’ll be selling mine for a while yet.

That does seem low.  Put mine into a few online ones over last 2 weeks - WBAC £15,700; Carwow £16,112; Evans Halshaw £15,600; Motorway £16,250; and Autotrader £17,000 (for private sale).  That’s a 65 plate 5dr DSG Hatch on 37k miles.  

1 hour ago, NRW said:

Mileage maybe?  Out of curiosity I put mine into Motorway and got £24947 back, and Autotr#der suggesting a further £600:for a private sale advert.    Don’t think I’ll be selling mine for a while yet.

Pistonheads  Guru came back with a price of £23800 for my lease so I could buy it and flip it but just do not have the time to sit on it atm.

Soooner someone else has it at the reduced price and doesn’t have to pay stealer prices.

3 hours ago, Captjack said:

You've said in the ebay advert that you're selling because you need a bigger car. Is a 2020 estate bigger than a 2018 model?

2 hours ago, NRW said:

Similar here. Mines a year newer than the OP’s car but 13k miles and WBAC is £24k.

Must be his mileage killing the value.