Edmo123

Racingline OEM+ Stage 2. Changing the Exhaust?

I've just had a the full Racingline OEM+ Stage 2 package installed (ECU and DSG remap), intercooler, downpipe, etc. by the guys at Unit 82 Garage near Formby / Merseyside and couldn't be happier. It does exactly what is says on the tin. It behaves just like it did in Eco or Drive but putting it in Race turns it into an absolute beast - it feels like a completely different car. I couldn't be happier with the results. The stock exhaust is still pretty quiet, which is no bad thing for normal driving. I was thinking of a valved exhaust. I can do a lot of motorway miles, so don't want to much extra noise / drone. When putting my foot down in Race, I'd like it to sound proper sporty. What would you recommend?

I've just had a the full Racingline OEM+ Stage 2 package installed (ECU and DSG remap), intercooler, downpipe, etc. by the guys at Unit 82 Garage near Formby / Merseyside and couldn't be happier. It does exactly what is says on the tin. It behaves just like it did in Eco or Drive but putting it in Race turns it into an absolute beast - it feels like a completely different car. I couldn't be happier with the results. The stock exhaust is still pretty quiet, which is no bad thing for normal driving. I was thinking of a valved exhaust. I can do a lot of motorway miles, so don't want to much extra noise / drone. When putting my foot down in Race, I'd like it to sound proper sporty. What would you recommend?

My St2 came with full Milltek system, including sports cat, but non res and non valved. Sounded great when larking about but godawful drone at motorway speeds. I mean brain-numbingly horrible.

Very first job was getting the Milltek resonator fitted. Best £400 I’ve spent in a while. Still sounds great when I want it to but far more bearable on motorway. I won’t say it’s drone-free but it’s perfectly acceptable to me.

I’d guess if you got the valved version it would be just about perfect blend.

Having never looked under my car properly it makes me laugh each time I walk past the res delete pipe sitting in garage. Looks like a frigging drainpipe. Not on some fire breathing muscle car but my little hatchback. Just tickles me....

I have the black tipped version and again those 4 sodding big pipes at the back looking low-key yet a bit menacing....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, TWPaul said:

My St2 came with full Milltek system, including sports cat, but non res and non valved. Sounded great when larking about but godawful drone at motorway speeds. I mean brain-numbingly horrible.

Very first job was getting the Milltek resonator fitted. Best £400 I’ve spent in a while. Still sounds great when I want it to but far more bearable on motorway. I won’t say it’s drone-free but it’s perfectly acceptable to me.

I’d guess if you got the valved version it would be just about perfect blend.

Having never looked under my car properly it makes me laugh each time I walk past the res delete pipe sitting in garage. Looks like a frigging drainpipe. Not on some fire breathing muscle car but my little hatchback. Just tickles me....

I have the black tipped version and again those 4 sodding big pipes at the back looking low-key yet a bit menacing.... emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Yes the valved/resonated Miltek is the perfect blend.In normal mode it’s not much louder than standard and will cruise on motorway with no drone.Put it in race and it sounds great popping when coming off the throttle.Definitely recommended.

I'm Racingline OEM+ stage 2 with a Remus resonated and valved exhaust.

Perfectly acceptable with the valves closed when cruising on the motorway and sounds great in race mode with the valves open.

I'm running a Scorpion sports cat and originally had the Remus fitted without a resonator. Non res the pops and bangs were way OTT and the tone wasn't good and sounded hollow. I had the resonator fitted and it gives a much nicer tone, the pops and bangs are good without being way OTT and it just sounds meatier.

IMG_20200917_073032_339.jpg

14 hours ago, DanTheManc said:

Perfectly acceptable with the valves closed when cruising on the motorway and sounds great in race mode with the valves open.

I'm running a Scorpion sports cat and originally had the Remus fitted without a resonator. Non res the pops and bangs were way OTT and the tone wasn't good and sounded hollow. I had the resonator fitted and it gives a much nicer tone, the pops and bangs are good without being way OTT and it just sounds meatier.

Thanks for the advice and I know I now have to get a much more sportier exhaust, so the sound matches the speed. How do you find the OEM+ Stage 2? I've nothing to compare it with, i.e. REVO or APR. All I do know is that it's completely transformed the car in the way I wanted it to. In Eco during normal driving it's perfect and I had worries I'd compromise it's ability to be my daily driver. In Race it's a monster. It's quicker than I thought it would be.

Thanks for the advice 😀. I should have really got the guys to upgrade the exhaust when they did the Stage 2 work. It was only when I got the car back and drove it for a few days that I realised I needed it to make a noise that matches the performance Stage 2 has given me. I was thinking that I'd get it installed when it goes back for it's next service but that's not really soon enough now. 

5 minutes ago, Edmo123 said:

Thanks for the advice and I know I now have to get a much more sportier exhaust, so the sound matches the speed. How do you find the OEM+ Stage 2? I've nothing to compare it with, i.e. REVO or APR. All I do know is that it's completely transformed the car in the way I wanted it to. In Eco during normal driving it's perfect and I had worries I'd compromise it's ability to be my daily driver. In Race it's a monster. It's quicker than I thought it would be.

I've been really happy with the Racingline OEM+ stage 2 software. The low down torque is great and it really pins you back in your seat. My car is running 398bhp and 588nm of torque.

If you drive it normally you can't tell the difference but when you press the loud pedal it's a beast.

1 minute ago, Edmo123 said:

Thanks for the advice 😀. I should have really got the guys to upgrade the exhaust when they did the Stage 2 work. It was only when I got the car back and drove it for a few days that I realised I needed it to make a noise that matches the performance Stage 2 has given me. I was thinking that I'd get it installed when it goes back for it's next service but that's not really soon enough now. 

I had a standard exhaust with a res delete and it sounded like a wasp in a tin can after fitting the sports cat. It sounds much better now with the Remus. I'd recommend you go resonated rather than non resonated though.

15 hours ago, DanTheManc said:

You having any issues with your Remus cracking at the welds between the centre resonator box and the back box? I’ve had a few which required re-welded, it’s not something I expected from a premium exhaust like that. The welder mentioned the welds were of poor quality, which again was a surprise. Apparently R’s with DSG’s are quite hard on the exhausts if tuned.

Also in agreement with you, I had initially went for the Remus non-res catback but had to have the resonator fitted as it was OTT but now sounds great.

1 minute ago, EcosseGolfR said:

You having any issues with your Remus cracking at the welds between the centre resonator box and the back box? I’ve had a few which required re-welded, it’s not something I expected from a premium exhaust like that. The welder mentioned the welds were of poor quality, which again was a surprise. Apparently R’s with DSG’s are quite hard on the exhausts if tuned.

Also in agreement with you, I had initially went for the Remus non-res catback but had to have the resonator fitted as it was OTT but now sounds great.

I've not looked to check the welds to be honest. I just turned up at the garage, had it fitted and drove off.

I think they come with a lifetime warranty if I remember correctly. Ill have to have a check at some point if it's a common issues.

2 hours ago, Edmo123 said:

I run APR Stage 2 which has their DP and sports CAT. I ran this for a long time with the stock system as I didn’t want drone on the motorway.

Last year I took the plunge and fitted APR’s full system. It’s turned the car into a Jekyll and Hyde character. Switchable valves via the mode button and the quality is up there with Akra exhaust.

The fit was brilliant and there’s no drone at all on the motorway.

The valves fully open in Race mode or with the box in sport.

I choose it over the very expensive £3k Akra as I knew it was the next best exhaust.

The APR system is a lifetime warranty.

IMG_20200917_073032_339.thumb.jpg.29f40e282cda0ca433ffcfc7c71721c5.jpg

Those tips are too big IMO.
What grade sandpaper have you been washing your car with

@Edmo123 here are some sound clips of the resonated Remus on my Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6yyKgXnM1d/?igshid=betnfvcirrv2

This 2nd link it without the resonator. The video doesn't justify how loud it was. You could feel the explosions and it sounded like somebody letting of hand grenades! It was embarrassingly loud.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B53rx3pnIUW/?igshid=w85ql84rxyhd