Russell

1st Track day in 20 years

You need to bed that lot in before the trackday otherwise you'll destroy them - at least 200 miles to get the pads to sit perfectly on the discs. It's common practice for race teams to do this - they won't put brand new pads on a car during a race, they'll have a set of 'bedded in' pads at hand.

Also, make sure you turn your ESP off fully otherwise you will cook your pads without even touching the brakes at the ESP system works overtime on the track.

I don't see any high temp brake fluid in with that lot? This is the first thing that you need to replace as it is very easy to boil the fluid on track, and it's not a nice feeling when your foot goes to the floor approaching a high speed corner.

10 minutes ago, golf7.5r said:

You need to bed that lot in before the trackday otherwise you'll destroy them - at least 200 miles to get the pads to sit perfectly on the discs. It's common practice for race teams to do this - they won't put brand new pads on a car during a race, they'll have a set of 'bedded in' pads at hand.

Also, make sure you turn your ESP off fully otherwise you will cook your pads without even touching the brakes at the ESP system works overtime on the track.

I don't see any high temp brake fluid in with that lot? This is the first thing that you need to replace as it is very easy to boil the fluid on track, and it's not a nice feeling when your foot goes to the floor approaching a high speed corner.

Have 3 bottles of Penrite 600 racing brake fluid . Pads come with bedding instructions so I'll follow them to the letter.

Sandown Tuesday 26th January. 

Ah, didn’t realise you were down under!

You should touch base with Eric on here, he’s very near the track, I’ve been trying to push him into getting out there and he’s just bought some upgraded brakes....

Weather not the best just yet for us

Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk