HI Guys, and Girls...I am getting a new spoiler later on this year for my Mk 7 R and wanted your guys feedback...I'm always interested to know what other R owners think of prospective mods....Personally I'm leaning towards the Clubsport one myself...(3rd pic below)...Fits both the R and GTI in case you are wondering...although I do kinda like all of them...Which one do you guys like and why?...:)....They are all custom made by Premium Deutsch Carbon....:afro:....Also included a pic of my R for reference...Let me know what you think?

image.thumb.png.65d553c7f991d6c60f31db8472713b0e.png

Carbon Spoiler 2.jpg

Carbon Spoiler 3.jpg

CS4.jpg

My Golf R in Seatoun May 2020 3.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Out of all the spoilers it was always the Clubsport. Just enough aggression without being to over the top, very expensive though.   

My TCR lip. I like the OEM+ look     Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1st one - the rest are only suitable for a Corsa / Fiesta etc. 

Posted Images

It's obviously personal preference, but I feel the Clubsport spoiler is a bit too much - makes the car look like a shopping trolley.

The oettinger is nice, but only if painted to match the car colour.

---------------------------------------------
Come on, get up. Let me see your bruises.
---------------------------------------------

I've always been a fan of the Clubsport rear spoiler but like many am unwilling to pay the amount required to change the hatch to accommodate it.

If there's a company out there that has finally produced a CS spoiler that actually fits like OEM I think they will sell an awful lot of them, especially if they make them in black gloss rather than carbon. 

I’d probably go for the Oettinger in the 2nd photo down and as Matt has mentioned, paint it to the colour of the car. Oettinger also do a TCR Street spoiler, it’s a bit much but everyone to their own and it’s very expensive....link below.

https://www.dcdmotorsport.com/product-page/oettinger-tcr-rear-wing

1 hour ago, TheBlondeFella said:

I've always been a fan of the Clubsport rear spoiler but like many am unwilling to pay the amount required to change the hatch to accommodate it.

Also where would you get a tailgate from anyway? 

36 minutes ago, OOV said:

Also where would you get a tailgate from anyway? 

You'd have to either buy new from VW or source a 2nd hand one.

FastGolf (Mark) did this on his black 3 door and its looks great but it cost him around 2K to do from memory.

35 minutes ago, BobbyT said:

You can buy the clubsport style one from Aliexpress designed for the R/GTI tailgate.

Maxton do them as well but I haven't heard of anyone that can vouch for the fitment and I can't imagine either of them looking OE