• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old and new a Tesco 🙃

Hi. Some pics of a black one (newbury vw’s demonstrator)

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Tom2893 said:

Saw my first Golf R MK8 today on the road.. Performance pack, akra exhaust, lapiz blue.. made my day. Didn't think there was many of those around atm

Did you like it?  

I know of one of that spec around.  😉 😁

Went for a long awaited meal out today (to one of my fav pubs which is UKs nearest pub to France, where mobile phone get overseas roaming message and the clock changes to one hour ahead, lol).  Fed and watered, on returning to my car, see a young pretender (8 R-line) had cosied up.  Nice colour but I wouldn’t swap tailpipes.  😄

51151800424_159b2c0ca4_o.jpg

51151246978_c5ea770b92_o.jpg

I went to the showroom last Thursday to drop off my private reg retention thingie and saw one of those new R-line Golfs in just that colour.  It fooled me for a moment or two because it looked lovely in that colour, the new interior, the black and beige leather seats and the fake quad pipes.  With all the body adornment, colour options and upholstery choices available to regular Golfists, we R people are on strict army rations.  

I suspect the first 8R I will see will be mine.

4 hours ago, Jagman said:

I went to the showroom last Thursday to drop off my private reg retention thingie and saw one of those new R-line Golfs in just that colour.  It fooled me for a moment or two because it looked lovely in that colour, the new interior, the black and beige leather seats and the fake quad pipes.  With all the body adornment, colour options and upholstery choices available to regular Golfists, we R people are on strict army rations.  

I suspect the first 8R I will see will be mine.

I’ve not seen another 8R yet but I can’t imagine it will too long.   The colour, GOLF badging and the geometric tailpipes were a dead giveaway at first glance of that R-Line, from the front it looks nothing like one.  It was a lovely colour but not something I’d personally choose.  As for R options, sometimes less is more. Or that’s what we have to tell ourselves.  In all honesty there’s nothing else that I would have wanted on mine, except perhaps black mirror caps but easily remedied.  

16 hours ago, Booth11 said:

Went for a long awaited meal out today (to one of my fav pubs which is UKs nearest pub to France, where mobile phone get overseas roaming message and the clock changes to one hour ahead, lol).  Fed and watered, on returning to my car, see a young pretender (8 R-line) had cosied up.  Nice colour but I wouldn’t swap tailpipes.  😄

51151800424_159b2c0ca4_o.jpg

51151246978_c5ea770b92_o.jpg

You Dont think that the R-Line Tailpipes Look better ??? 😜