10 minutes ago, bishop said:

I’ve been away a while and come back but can’t find the for sale section. Is there still a for sale section?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome back.  Yes there is a forum for sale section - our Classifieds section accessible from either top menu on desktop or side menu on mobile device.  Or just follow this link

https://www.vwroc.com/forums/classifieds/

You can view all categories and respond to adverts as you’re over 25 posts but you need 50 posts to create and submit an advert.  Hope that helps! 

28 minutes ago, bishop said:

That was my 50th post emoji106.png will it unlock automatically?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you go into Classifieds and the section you want, e.g Parts for Sale; Cars for Sale etc, at the top right of the section you should see a ‘Submit an advert’ button.  Click/tap that and a new advert will appear ready for you to populate with info.  Once you completed the advert save it.   Then the advert will be pending approval.  If all is ok, it will get approved and go live.  

Please note in section 4 of the advert form, you MUST upload at least one photograph of the actual item you’re selling which also physically includes a piece of paper bearing your forum username and the current date.  If you don’t include that info the advert won’t get approved.   This applies to all items except actual cars for sale.  

7 minutes ago, Matt7R said:

Anyone else notice the advert link is broken in the ad posts?

---------------------------------------------
Come on, get up. Let me see your bruises.

What do you mean?  Can you be a bit more specific? Which link?  

It's a Tapatalk limitation.

View on the web, no problems mate

It's because the post viewing is limited to certain restrictions such as post count etc.

Just click the top right and select view on web on mobile.

Sent from my fingers

Ah, if you’re using Tapatalk @Matt7R you will get errors. Tapatalk does not fully support all the features of VWROC.  If you want to view, access and utilise our Classifieds section in full you need visit the VWROC website proper and log in.  You’ll also be supporting the very existence of VWROC that way too!  

Ah, if you’re using Tapatalk [mention=28189]Matt7R[/mention] you will get errors. Tapatalk does not fully support all the features of VWROC.  If you want to view, access and utilise our Classifieds section in full you need visit the VWROC website proper and log in.  You’ll also be supporting the very existence of VWROC that way too!  
Yeah, I knew you needed to use a desktop to post an ad, but it seems just a small fix to make the adverts properly viewable.

Here's a screenshot of an ad, as well as what you see when you click the "View advert" link - it seems to just take you to a random post in a random thread e6b7d8f6afce72c05515196b0b29fa31.jpg1cf79d433ba369cfe265df02a6b562e9.jpg

23 minutes ago, Matt7R said:

Yeah, I knew you needed to use a desktop to post an ad, but it seems just a small fix to make the adverts properly viewable.

Here's a screenshot of an ad, as well as what you see when you click the "View advert" link - it seems to just take you to a random post in a random thread emoji2371.pnge6b7d8f6afce72c05515196b0b29fa31.jpg1cf79d433ba369cfe265df02a6b562e9.jpg

If you use the VWROC website you can post an ad on all platforms, desktop and mobile.  I’ve been on Tapatalk and get what you’re talking about.  I’m afraid that what you’re describing is probably a Tapatalk issue.  I’ll see if Gaz can assist @invisiblekid but there are limitations with Tapatalk and it’s much better if you access via the VWROC website itself so you can benefit from the full site features. 

I'm not trying to come across as old but.....

I've been on the Tapatalk platform since it was in beta.

To give you an idea, my last review on the play store for Tapatalk was in 2013....

Anyways, this is just how it is.

Sent from my fingers

On 03/02/2021 at 21:50, Booth11 said:

If you use the VWROC website you can post an ad on all platforms, desktop and mobile.  I’ve been on Tapatalk and get what you’re talking about.  I’m afraid that what you’re describing is probably a Tapatalk issue.  I’ll see if Gaz can assist @invisiblekid but there are limitations with Tapatalk and it’s much better if you access via the VWROC website itself so you can benefit from the full site features. 

Thanks Bec and totally agree. I'll take a look and update a load of bits & pieces to see if that resolves anything.

But the official line is; "if it doesn't work on Tapatalk, please use the website and even if it does work on Tapatalk, please use the website anyway"