Dazautomatics

Recommendations - Aftermarket wheels please

Hi Guys

After smashing 2 wheels (Prets) driving over a small pot hole last year and just slightly damaging another wheel last week, I'm getting tired of the sickening feeling every time I drive over a pot hole waiting for the tyre pressure sensors to tell me I have cracked another wheel!  I have checked with my insurance who have given me a green light to replace my wheels on the understanding that these are dimensionally the same 🙂  I am gutted to loose the Pertoria wheels as I like original things which keep my OCD's in check lol.  Unfortunately I use the car for work and can't keep VW in diesel gate funds by replacing wheels every few months.......

Can I ask on recommendations for a discreet set of wheels for a Iridium grey Estate that are the same dimensions as the prets, be bullet proof and will not make me look like Vin Diesel 🙂

My son has recommended the Revo RF0 Wheels, if you guys have any advise on other options and also if I can refit my hub caps or get new ones with VW badges the same this would be very much appreciated. 

Thanks in advance 🙂

IMG_20200622_200550.jpg

I have my eye on a set of gloos black Revo RV0 19's for my Grey R... just waiting until my current tyres on the 18" Cadiz are done! If you check the pinned posts in modifying your mk 7 R. There is an entire thread dedicated to wheels for the R, loads of variety on there.

16 minutes ago, Count Drunkula said:

Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.3 

They are a mainstay of motorsport so as such are very light for their strength and look great on an R estate. 

Good choice of colours available too

just searched them, they are very nice!

7 minutes ago, Djs2394 said:

just searched them, they are very nice!

Have looked at these before, not as nice as the Prets, but if the wheels don't smash and I can still enjoy the car without worrying about hidden damage to the wheels (Always crack on the inside), maybe these are a good shout. Wonder if is is possible to get VW caps to suit

4 minutes ago, Matt7R said:

I'd suggest going to somewhere like lkperformance.co.uk https://www.wheelbasealloys.com/ or www.rimstyle.com and browsing to see what you like. There are tons of options available. If you want wheels similar to the prets, I'd look at

Racingline R360
Japan Racing JR21
Bola B11
Bola FLD
Stuttgart ST9

Thank you for the ideas 🙂

CM Wheels sell replica OE wheels at a good price and offer a discount to VWROC members.  I got some silver Pretoria replicas from them last year and I'm very pleased with them.    

A few others on here who have replaced damaged OE Prets with the replicas from CM have said they are much more robust and don't fold in half when you go over a cats eye 🙂

4 minutes ago, Penguin said:

CM Wheels sell replica OE wheels at a good price and offer a discount to VWROC members.  I got some silver Pretoria replicas from them last year and I'm very pleased with them.    

A few others on here who have replaced damaged OE Prets with the replicas from CM have said they are much more robust and don't fold in half when you go over a cats eye 🙂

Was going to do the same, but was reading good and not so positive feedback on the CM wheels. Also concerned that members have mentioned different hub cap sizes which may indicate these maybe sourced from different manufacturers and may not all be the same strength / build quality. However these are very good value. I suppose however good or bad these are, must be better than the originals.   Have a good friend with a V90 with 20" wheels who hit a pot hole so violently it tore the tyre, apparently no damage to the wheel....