The Custom Steering Wheel Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few of us have recently had custom steering wheels made so I thought I would start a thread for members to post pics of their finished wheels, to act as a gallery and possibly a source of inspiratio

In addition to the wheel, @Matt7R and I ordered gaiters which were to the same high standard as my wheel. And to top it off I changed my shifter to a carbon fibre and alcantara version...  

Update from me, I replaced my aliexpress one with one from Royal. This time I got the perforated leather sides that I regretted not having before, as well as deleting the centre stripe just to keep i

Posted Images

Just got mine fitted the other night, was a pain but very happy with the results!

Used the Royal Steering Wheel exchange option and fitted myself, took around 30mins, very very happy and totally transforms the interior.

Went full black Alcantara with silver stitching and silver centre stripe. Have a white Mk7 with the grey half and half Alcantara seats so sets it all off perfect in my opinion!

51744653461_539df36faf_h.jpga0d3e20c-731d-45b1-9020-75c5640f2c68 by Neil Wilkinson, on Flickr

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Wheel done by royal steering wheels and airbag by phatbits… matches the seats optimus trimmers.http://vwroc.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/monthly_2022_01/8AB187CE-CA75-433E-AFAF-13B1C12C1ECA.thumb.jpeg.07551b302e8111a696ee20e92aa67f45.jpeg

That looks great

Just out of interest, what seats have you got there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 22/04/2022 at 11:19, Ian_Mk7r said:

Finally got my wheel done, very happy with the result 😎

CC_Steeringwheel.JPG

Did you have a load of error codes to clear after fitting & if so is that the norm. Thanks 

On 10/05/2022 at 21:07, Lee57 said:

Did you have a load of error codes to clear after fitting & if so is that the norm. Thanks 

Yea, think the codes pop up after having the battery disconnected, but after a short drive everything cleared.

• 2 weeks later...