Pedcro

Vw golf r 2014 ....scraping/dragging

Hi guys I’m new to this site ,wondering if anyone can help ,today car was running fine !!,I took for engine and gearbox remap today but wen I went to collect car  ,engine sounds perfect ,just wen I drove to the end of the street it was like the back passenger side rear wheel was dragging or scraping ,I can now hear this constantly now wen reversing car into space ,I would the haldex make this noise if needing replaced ?? The car is not showing any faults on dash or computer either ,I’d appreciate the help if anyone has experienced the same problem I have .....is this anything to do with the remap ?? Or is it coincidence and this can be something else ....thanks for taking the time to read this 

Could it be the DSG map? Is it a reputable company? Might be worth dropping the car back to them to investigate. You don't want to do any irreversible damage as the box is very expensive.

Sent from my S20 5G using Tapatalk

Thanks for reply mate cheer!!!! 

I did take car back 20 seconds after driving along the road ....it ain’t showing any faults at all I’m just wondering if this would happen if the haldex oil was needing doing ?!!! 
car engine runs spot on it’s seems to be more sat the back wheels scraping sound ...

thanks for the info thought!!!  

If the Haldex needs doing you might get the traction control light more. If the pump has gone then you are running as a front wheel drive only. I'm not sure it would cause a noise unless something has really gone wrong. 

Might be worth getting the car on a trolley jack and seeing if you can hear/feel anything when rotating the wheels by hand. 

Cheers for ur reply mate ,the car is garage just now !!!!, seems a bit weird to drive in a straight line  too so I wouldn’t imagine a stone would do this ....I’m hoping it is mechanical and a coincidence 

here’s hoping!!

thanks again for reply mate do appreciate everyone’s help!!!

Hello again guys ,car was in yesterday ,mechanic reckons it’s the haldex the scraping  that myself and and others are experiencing is actually overactive traction ....oil change on Tuesday hopefully this solves or next stage will be pump ....will drop another message on Tuesday with a fix

thanks again for ur reply’s guys appreciated 

Any chance they drained the rear diff oil (not the haldex fluid) ?  I've heard of it happening before and the results aren't pretty.

Haldex clutch isn't supposed to operate unless the front wheels are spinning or the car thinks extra drive is needed from the rear to push the car around a turn.

Cheers for response bud, no one has drained any fluids at all again like I said earlier il defo have a fix to put up here Tuesday at some point 

again thanks for the input👍

Hello again guys , took car too shop earlier driving at normal speed done about a mile and I had start stop failure come up on dash ,then an instant misfire which then has now stopped the car from turning over ,had guy up with vcds and it shows coil 1,3, and 4 have a problem which he reckoned was timing slip ,I thought timing slip happened at high speeds ....?, can anyone help  !!!! I just can’t understand what’s happened if iv goosed the engine why so driving at 30 mph !! Help!!

thanks for taking time to read this 👍😳

27 minutes ago, Pedcro said:

Hello again guys , took car too shop earlier driving at normal speed done about a mile and I had start stop failure come up on dash ,then an instant misfire which then has now stopped the car from turning over ,had guy up with vcds and it shows coil 1,3, and 4 have a problem which he reckoned was timing slip ,I thought timing slip happened at high speeds ....?, can anyone help  !!!! I just can’t understand what’s happened if iv goosed the engine why so driving at 30 mph !! Help!!

thanks for taking time to read this 👍😳

If anything driving the car at 30mph has only highlighted the problems most likely caused by the tuning job. Take it back to where it was done. Is there any warranty with these tuning companies.

Cheers bud !!! 
yeh I had the guy who done map up tonight ,he says it nowt to do with the map ...I’m no mechanic but did ask if it would have been map since car drove great for 2 months after buying ....the misfire sounds like coil pack but have just done plugs and coil pack just a month back ....Iv had every mark of golf and this is by far the worst iv ever owned ...like I said in earlier post car has never had a hard time from mapping day due to haldex and I’m clueless to why this would give up could understand if I’m flying about everywhere which certainly isn’t the case !! Thanks again dudes !!