BCS Centre Silencer Delete Pipe REV II Released

1 minute ago, 123HJMS said:

Yes for the pre-PPF at least ... the resonator is the same as I non-akra equipped car. So you could fit this res delete and join up to the akra backbox ... it would be asbo.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

It's a GPF vehicle, I know they didn't fit the soundtraktor to the GPF cars because 'something' is already missing?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well it’s fitted, it’s on the R and I love it! have only been on a short journey from garage to home. have to work from the office on Monday, so I will get a better feel for it then. deeper, spor

Best contact Nige via phone or PM on here. He’s a top bloke and will sort you out 👍

radio off, windows down..! freezing my nuts off trying to look cool Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted Images

It's a GPF vehicle, I know they didn't fit the soundtraktor to the GPF cars because 'something' is already missing?

Gpf cars have the soundaktor or whatever it’s called but don’t have a centre resonator on the exhaust.
So even the akrapovic etc doesn’t have a resonator on gpf cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6 hours ago, marshy said:

Gpf cars have the soundaktor or whatever it’s called but don’t have a centre resonator on the exhaust.
So even the akrapovic etc doesn’t have a resonator on gpf cars.

That makes more sense! So fitting one of these would have no effect?

On 06/03/2021 at 15:06, Chainsawbob said:

well it’s fitted, it’s on the R and I love it!

have only been on a short journey from garage to home. have to work from the office on Monday, so I will get a better feel for it then.

deeper, sportier sound form the exhaust upon start up; both form outside and inside the R.

normal steady driving at 30, and 40 (where the law permits) the exhaust is a just a little louder than normal, from inside the R.

under load it is noticeably louder than stock; which is what I expected. when the R is at speed (no longer accelerating) I could not hear any drone.

in sport mode (note: the wagon has no flaps) the DSG farts are pretty much consistent on every up shift, and slight cackle on downshifts.. I do need to experiment more with these; as I love downshift cackles!

it might be me.. but with the window down I could hear more noise from the turbo that I haven’t noticed before?

oh.. and if you rev it (keeping the neighbourhood happy) it does sound exactly as what BCS have posted on their website (scroll down to the tornado red wagon): https://www.powervalve.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=308_398_546_408_540&product_id=563

only criticism.. and this might be me being in my 40s.. the car has more presence on the road due to its new vocal abilities.. has maybe lost that effortless understated q-car appeal. time will tell.

being honest: if I was driving down to Le Mans with my mates then I can see this being an absolute blast.. but both my missus and I drive the R, and if she looses her confidence due to increased noise, then I may need to re-think; have kept the old resonator just in case.

let’s hope she loves it as much as I do!

How you finding it still enjoy the added drama? Need to get mine fitted its still in the box! 

no point it staying in the box!!

I am still liking it..!

had to work from the office on Monday; so got a chance to spend an hour with it on both normal roads and dual carriageway.

has to be said the when accelerating my R’s new vocal abilities are turned up to 11! would be awesome if the wagon had flaps (in the exhaust) so that it could be switchable, and not balls out all the time.

just want to go out and drive my R.. this lockdown is starting to do my nut..

22 minutes ago, Chainsawbob said:

no point it staying in the box!! emoji23.png

I am still liking it..!

had to work from the office on Monday; so got a chance to spend an hour with it on both normal roads and dual carriageway.

has to be said the when accelerating my R’s new vocal abilities are turned up to 11! would be awesome if the wagon had flaps (in the exhaust) so that it could be switchable, and not balls out all the time.

just want to go out and drive my R.. this lockdown is starting to do my nut..

I know il get it fitted next week. I have the 7.5 estate so hope its not too much when in E with the dog in the boot! Looking forward to the added sound though when im on the way home from work through the lanes. 

Looking forward to getting out on some good roads wherever and whenever when we are allowed 😀 

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted today its perfect for the car wakes it up when provoked and nicer tone all the time. Leave it in D and Normal and its only slightly louder than stock. The tech who fitted it was impressed with the quality and had no problems fitting. Worthwhile mod and im happy with it so much so im looking forward to driving to work at 5.30am tomorrow. The stock overun on my 7.5 r estate is much more audible when in race mode and manual adds a nice bit of drama without being too much. 

38 minutes ago, Simon. A said:

Fitted today its perfect for the car wakes it up when provoked and nicer tone all the time. Leave it in D and Normal and its only slightly louder than stock. The tech who fitted it was impressed with the quality and had no problems fitting. Worthwhile mod and im happy with it so much so im looking forward to driving to work at 5.30am tomorrow. The stock overun on my 7.5 r estate is much more audible when in race mode and manual adds a nice bit of drama without being too much. 

Great to read all the reviews on the revised resonator delete, I have a MK7 R hatch and would like to add some more noise and tone to the car, I sometimes have family in the car, and worry about the drone at motorway speeds (65-70), 

luckily I have the option to have the valves open or closed, can anyone give any feedback on this as to whether this does makes any real difference? 

Has nige been able to give out any differences from the previous version to the Rev2 as to how it makes it better? 

Thanks

On 22/03/2021 at 22:49, Langl3y said:

Has nige been able to give out any differences from the previous version to the Rev2 as to how it makes it better? 

I’d also be keen to know what the differences are too please?

I’ve now got the soundaktor turned off and noticed a few more pops and burbles, but think a res delete would be the perfect setup and not too over the top. 

I saw someone mentioned a forum discount might be available on these, is that true?

Easter holidays are coming, the weather is looking brighter and we are almost out of lockdown = more enjoyable drives...... hmmmmm I'm feeling something special may be in the pipeline! 😎 Time to take the leap and reach out to Nige to see what he can do!