NRW

Service Booking

I emailed Pulman VW Durham today to book my R in for Second Service.  Likely to be done at under 6000 miles!
A return call resulted.  All done, quite straightforward - Pulman are offering Courtesy Cars, but for me this is no use, so instead we will be permitted to wait on the premesis  while the service is carried out.  Booked in before the car’s second birthday.  Great.

Pulman Service Advisor, Delsa, pointed out that my VW Service Plan, bought when new, expires after this service - so agreed with her it makes sense to start up a new Plan from here for the next say, 3 years.  I have had such before and it works a treat. 
Best bit.  When summarising the works required, to be included in the Plan - Delsa quickly pointed out that at Year 3 I will need a service, a Brake Fluid change.....AND a Haldex Service for the 4 motion transmission.   What a Star. Really Clued up and on the pulse. Brilliant.  We also worked a DSG Service into the Plan for year 4.  So Year 3,4 and 5 Service, Haldex x 1, Brake Fluid x 2 and a DSG Service to be included, with MOTs too.

All done. Monthly payments will see to it all, so peace of mind for me, and all costs calculated at the prices that apply today.  

I am very aware that many Owners  do not have good service from their local main dealer, so It’s Great to find that some main dealers have such knowledgeable staff as Delsa.  Well done Pulman👏

It is worth asking whether they clean the gauze filter on the end of the pump when they do a "Haldex service". 

Many VW dealers don't clean it because it isn't part of VW's official service schedule, but it really needs to be done at frequent intervals, otherwise your AWD car reverts back to FWD only, resulting in much wheelspin when taking off enthusiastically from a stop.

1 minute ago, gregozedobe said:

It is worth asking whether they clean the gauze filter on the end of the pump when they do a "Haldex service". 

Many VW dealers don't clean it because it isn't part of VW's official service schedule, but it really needs to be done at frequent intervals, otherwise your AWD car reverts back to FWD only, resulting in much wheelspin when taking off enthusiastically from a stop.

Yes Greg thanks. I can see much dialogue with the Service Manager ahead. 

On 03/03/2021 at 11:46, NRW said:

I emailed Pulman VW Durham today to book my R in for Second Service.  Likely to be done at under 6000 miles!
A return call resulted.  All done, quite straightforward - Pulman are offering Courtesy Cars, but for me this is no use, so instead we will be permitted to wait on the premesis  while the service is carried out.  Booked in before the car’s second birthday.  Great.

Pulman Service Advisor, Delsa, pointed out that my VW Service Plan, bought when new, expires after this service - so agreed with her it makes sense to start up a new Plan from here for the next say, 3 years.  I have had such before and it works a treat. 
Best bit.  When summarising the works required, to be included in the Plan - Delsa quickly pointed out that at Year 3 I will need a service, a Brake Fluid change.....AND a Haldex Service for the 4 motion transmission.   What a Star. Really Clued up and on the pulse. Brilliant.  We also worked a DSG Service into the Plan for year 4.  So Year 3,4 and 5 Service, Haldex x 1, Brake Fluid x 2 and a DSG Service to be included, with MOTs too.

All done. Monthly payments will see to it all, so peace of mind for me, and all costs calculated at the prices that apply today.  

I am very aware that many Owners  do not have good service from their local main dealer, so It’s Great to find that some main dealers have such knowledgeable staff as Delsa.  Well done Pulman👏

Sounds a very good experience Neil which make a nice change from some you read about and the experience other have at times.  A good servicing dealership makes it so much easier.  Sounds like your setting things up nicely for keeping the car a good few year too! 

Nice one Neil; that service plan sounds a good package.  👍

The Pulman dealership in Durham is very nice too, was their cafe area open?  Pulman Durham supplied my R and I was really impressed with them.  I dealt with service, parts and obviously sales during the process and everyone was great and as you say, clued up.    

Bought many cars from Pulman, only dealer I trust but then again im biased as my brother inlaw is sales manager at one of their outlets, naturally I always get good service.

2 hours ago, Penguin said:

Nice one Neil; that service plan sounds a good package.  👍

The Pulman dealership in Durham is very nice too, was their cafe area open?  Pulman Durham supplied my R and I was really impressed with them.  I dealt with service, parts and obviously sales during the process and everyone was great and as you say, clued up.    

Not visited @Penguin. Showroom & Cafe sadly closed (but I have previously gorged on an All Day Breakfast!).  They were highly recommended to me by a friend in 2011.  Very happy with the whole Customer experience.

Just now, NRW said:

Not visited @Penguin. Showroom & Cafe sadly closed (but I have previously gorged on an All Day Breakfast!).  They were highly recommended to me by a friend in 2011.  Very happy with the whole Customer experience.

I bought my Passat CC from them in 2011, but it was from the Sunderland VW dealership.  Great service on that occasion too.  

1 hour ago, NP46 said:

Bought many cars from Pulman, only dealer I trust but then again im biased as my brother inlaw is sales manager at one of their outlets, naturally I always get good service.

I have been with Pulman since 2012 and have recommended them based on my experiences.  They aren’t my local dealer as I’m north of Newcastle, so choose to travel some 25 miles or so to Durham. Happy to do so for the service provided. 

2 hours ago, Booth11 said:

Sounds a very good experience Neil which make a nice change from some you read about and the experience other have at times.  A good servicing dealership makes it so much easier.  Sounds like your setting things up nicely for keeping the car a good few year too! 

I’m keeping my options open Rebecca, thanks.  I Love my R, it’s a little beauty - and I am not able to buy another car VAT free until this one turns three.   My next car may need to be a Wagon for practical reasons, so I will just try to enjoy my hatch to the max. - 😉
The Pulman Service Plan is flexible too, so if I were to sell my R after reaching 3, any payments could be refunded or transferred.  Happy with the whole process.

12 minutes ago, NRW said:

I’m keeping my options open Rebecca, thanks.  I Love my R, it’s a little beauty - and I am not able to buy another car VAT free until this one turns three.   My next car may need to be a Wagon for practical reasons, so I will just try to enjoy my hatch to the max. - 😉
The Pulman Service Plan is flexible too, so if I were to sell my R after reaching 3, any payments could be refunded or transferred.  Happy with the whole process.

I keep forgetting your R isn’t yet 3, it seems longer, lol (in a good way 😂).  Sounds like a wagon might be in your future Neil but enjoy the hatch until such time.  It’s great that the Service Plans are transferable. I had a 3 year one initially and am taking out the Service Plan again (only 2 years now though) on the 8R.

1 minute ago, Booth11 said:

I keep forgetting your R isn’t yet 3, it seems longer, lol (in a good way 😂).  Sounds like a wagon might be in your future Neil but enjoy the hatch until such time.  It’s great that the Service Plans are transferable. I had a 3 year one initially and am taking out the Service Plan again (only 2 years now though) on the 8R.

They help keep the costs down👍 And yes, mine was just 2 years this time, which I’d overlooked tbh🙄.   Your New R will surely be an absolute. Scream- can’t wait to hear all about it.  
Maybe an R wagon next for me, but we’ll see.