So with the mk8 on order, I plan on ceramic coating it myself. My 7.5 was done professionally, but have since done my wife's car with pretty good results. 

I will have my garage cleared for usage to get it done, so the bodywork am not too concerned about. The wheels on the otherhand - I've never done a "all wheels off" job before. I'll use Gyeon Rim (using Syncro on the paint).. I've got a good trolley jack - but have only ever taken one wheel off at a time. With the cure time - I'll need to take all wheels off at the same time. I'll need to get axle stands - but not sure what the best process will be or where the best places to put the stands.. Anyone got any advice?

12 minutes ago, Jens0n said:

When rotating wheels I typically do one side at a time, which is easy to lift both front and back wheels.

In the one instance where I wanted all off at the same time I followed this guy.

J.

Great video, thanks for that! Seems pretty straight forward, am a bit less nervous now :)

3 hours ago, Peter Wynne said:

So with the mk8 on order, I plan on ceramic coating it myself. My 7.5 was done professionally, but have since done my wife's car with pretty good results. 

I will have my garage cleared for usage to get it done, so the bodywork am not too concerned about. The wheels on the otherhand - I've never done a "all wheels off" job before. I'll use Gyeon Rim (using Syncro on the paint).. I've got a good trolley jack - but have only ever taken one wheel off at a time. With the cure time - I'll need to take all wheels off at the same time. I'll need to get axle stands - but not sure what the best process will be or where the best places to put the stands.. Anyone got any advice?

Glad you posted this thread up Peter.  Same as you I’ll have my new wheels to coat with Gyeon Q2 RIM (already bought and waiting).  Have trolley jack and axle stands already but any tips be very useful.  

@Jens0n  Great video, very helpful.  👍

I assume, given your wax investments that you’ll not be ceramic coating your paint Rebecca?

Am looking forward to hearing more reviews of gyeons new wax. I enjoyed wax prior to my move into ceramic, being able to do both might be nice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I put Gyeon Q2 Rim on the prets on my R, but thought they lacked a bit of gloss (I'll admit to being slightly fussy).  I added a top coat of NV Lustre, and that added the bit of extra gloss I was looking for (and they were still easy to clean using Nv Snow with a small amount of agitation).

10 hours ago, Peter Wynne said:

I assume, given your wax investments that you’ll not be ceramic coating your paint Rebecca?

Am looking forward to hearing more reviews of gyeons new wax. I enjoyed wax prior to my move into ceramic, being able to do both might be nice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That’s right Peter, the paint will be given the Swissvax wax treatment.  It’s still my preferred for paint.

Coating for wheels though, plus sealant top ups for additional protection and gloss, because as Greg attests above, some coatings lack gloss and are often used in conjunction with other sealants to provide additional beading qualities and gloss for improved finish. So the Q2 will get topped off with something complementary to it.  C2v3 is always good for easy to apply quick gloss but I’ve got lots of sealants in my shed so I’ll try a few out amd see which gives the best finish.  The Q2 RIM can do it’s thing underneath.  

Looking forward to seeing your 8R when it’s all detailed and coated, should look amazing!   And it’s nice doing it yourself especially if you have the indoor space needed to allow for curing times etc (something I lack unfortunately).  Should be all the more satisfying.