I am fortunate enough to own a 2.0 litre non turbo mkV golf in addition to my MkVII R.

Its getting on a bit and is largely used to ferry things to the dump etc.

Anyway it sits on a residential road ready for when I need it.

I went to use it a week or so back and there was an almighty racket on startup that I concluded

was the engine about to die so I switched it off and called the recovery to take it to a local garage.

I have had the news today that some scum bags have been under the car and cut the catalytic convertor

off and damaged the wiring loom in the process.

I am now £850 worse off than I was at the start of the day.😡

Bastards !   Should have a hand cut off each time they thieve, this will really slow repeat offenders .....

Seriously, UK police need more resources and motivation so they can crack down on car-related crime, with a matching crack down on offenders from the courts, otherwise it will just get worse & worse.  If there are no significant consequences the scrotes will just keep on doing it.

What a bunch of scum.  I’m really sorry to hear that some utter lowlife have been messing with your car (blood boiling thought!) and not only have they molestée it, but your left picking up the tab.  Disgusting it is.  

6 hours ago, veneeringman said:

This has been happening around our area, however they’ve been targeting Honda’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a few companies making anti-theft shields for the cats on Honda's. 

These people and thieves in general are Absolute scum we need some punishments that will make them think twice, I remember watching a  clip of guy in Saudi getting 10 lashes all I could think was no idea what you have done but I bet you won’t do it again 

What a sad, depressing story, very sorry to hear it.  Does UK insurance not reimburse this sort of thing?  Knock wood it's never come up with me, but I suspect vandalism is covered under the Comprehensive portion of my US policy, which is inexpensive enough to carry without a deductible.  Many years ago the wheels were stolen off my Audi which was parked outside a repair shop while being serviced.  The shop's insurance replaced the wheels.

2 hours ago, Cogito said:

What a sad, depressing story, very sorry to hear it.  Does UK insurance not reimburse this sort of thing?  Knock wood it's never come up with me, but I suspect vandalism is covered under the Comprehensive portion of my US policy, which is inexpensive enough to carry without a deductible.  Many years ago the wheels were stolen off my Audi which was parked outside a repair shop while being serviced.  The shop's insurance replaced the wheels.

I could have claimed off my insurance but i didn't want to impact my no claims discount and i would have needed to go to the police and get a crime number etc. If anything its made up my mind to get rid of the car after I've used it to teach my daughter to drive.