GTI to Golf R

Slippery_When_Wet

I have had plenty of different mk golfs with lots of different engine variants from a mk3 vr6 to a mk5 gti with loads in-between.

Just before Christmas i treated myself to a low milage Mk7.5r i have wanted one ever since they came out and boy what a car. Super stoked with it.

Anyway new to this forum so Hi everybody 

Here are a couple a pictures of my ride.

20210202_215055.jpg

20210202_215457.jpg

Just now, delboy01 said:

Nice car. Hope you’ve got a decent immobiliser fitted.

Thanks.

Thats something i am looking into. It's on a PCP so i don't know what i am ok to do with it but i will probably be keeping it after the 3rd year so i wouldn't mind it having one. Its not the keyless entry and i live in a safe area with lots of CCTV on my house and neighbours so i have that at least.

Had a look at the ghost one they look really good. What do you have fitted?

27 minutes ago, Slippery_When_Wet said:

Thanks.

Thats something i am looking into. It's on a PCP so i don't know what i am ok to do with it but i will probably be keeping it after the 3rd year so i wouldn't mind it having one. Its not the keyless entry and i live in a safe area with lots of CCTV on my house and neighbours so i have that at least.

Had a look at the ghost one they look really good. What do you have fitted?

I have ghost. Most thefts are due to house burglary where they come looking for the keys and just drive off.

I was concerned about car jacking which ghost has an option for but it’s not officially for the uk not sure why.

I had the anti car jacking option turned on by my installer. Another must have is dash cams front and back. 
I had a mini cab driver run into the back of me at very low speed in icy conditions a few years back.

2 hours ago, delboy01 said:

I have ghost. Most thefts are due to house burglary where they come looking for the keys and just drive off.

I was concerned about car jacking which ghost has an option for but it’s not officially for the uk not sure why.

I had the anti car jacking option turned on by my installer. Another must have is dash cams front and back. 
I had a mini cab driver run into the back of me at very low speed in icy conditions a few years back.

First thing i did was put my dash cams into it. I have a front and rear nextbase. So many complete idiots on the road and they will blame you when they are completely at fault.

Its always "you have a sporty car you were driving like your on a race track" when really i am driving super careful like a granny because i don't want to hurt my baby haha

1 hour ago, Booth11 said:

Welcome to VWROC!  

:welcome:

Car looks fantastic!  Great that you’ve finally got one and I hope it’s living up to, and even exceeding expectation.  Enjoy the forum too, lots of great information, help and ideas on here. 

Thanks.

Yes the car is bonkers i love it so much. Its totally exceeding my expectation and then some. Love everything about it from the power to the headunit (256gb sdxc card full of music hell yeah).

Also the seats are so much better than other golfs now i don't get Golf Ball anymore 

1 hour ago, MK1GTI said:

Hi, I've just gone to the R from a GTI Performance, however I'm still waiting for the R. 

Go with the Ghost and disklock.

Have you gone for the Mk8 then? I deliberately didn't try and get one to test drive because if the money. I would of been living in one if i got it .

18 minutes ago, Slippery_When_Wet said:

Have you gone for the Mk8 then? I deliberately didn't try and get one to test drive because if the money. I would of been living in one if i got it .

Yes gone for the Mk8R was looking at the TCR fully kitted as the mk7.5 was been run out, but held off for the MK8R. 

Enjoy it looks good. 

4 minutes ago, MK1GTI said:

Yes gone for the Mk8R was looking at the TCR fully kitted as the mk7.5 was been run out, but held off for the MK8R. 

Enjoy it looks good. 

Very nice. What extras did you get with it and what colour did you go for?

Super jealous but in a good way, when is it due?