Jump to content

GTI to Golf R


Slippery_When_Wet
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, muzza said:

Welcome to the forum.

 

Beautiful clean example you have there mate!

 

Jon

Thank you. It only had 7k miles on it when i got it. It was one of the VW managers friends car before it was mine. Guy was in his late 50s and it was his toy that only came out in nice weather. Totally immaculate i was so over the moon with it i have never had such an amazing car its a total dream cone true for me.

 

I need to get my brother t come and take some professional photos for me next time the weather is nice and he is free as he is a photographer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Indemand said:

Ah ok mine is a 2017 so it will be before then of i am right.

 

What is better pre or after?

 

I will have a good read of the website you gave me the link with when I have the time get myself clued up about it as I love to learn anything I can about my car.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Slippery_When_Wet said:

Ah ok mine is a 2017 so it will be before then of i am right.

 

What is better pre or after?

 

I will have a good read of the website you gave me the link with when I have the time get myself clued up about it as I love to learn anything I can about my car.

 

Neither are better or worse per se - as things stand there is no stage 3 for GPF vehicles, but for stage 2 you don't need a sports cat/downpipe change so it's swings and roundabouts really. 

 

I'm running a stage 2 GPF and it's brutally fast, plenty fast enough to have to try quite hard to keep your licence 😉

 

That said, if they do ever bring out stage 3 I'll probably be near the front of the queue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Indemand said:

 

Neither are better or worse per se - as things stand there is no stage 3 for GPF vehicles, but for stage 2 you don't need a sports cat/downpipe change so it's swings and roundabouts really. 

 

I'm running a stage 2 GPF and it's brutally fast, plenty fast enough to have to try quite hard to keep your licence 😉

 

That said, if they do ever bring out stage 3 I'll probably be near the front of the queue.

Haha they are very fast out of the box stage 2 will be bonkers.

 

I have been looking onto the revo kit you can get for them for about 5k gets you upto 500bhp with a silly 0 to 60. Do you know anyone who has got the revo kit or anything like that?

 

Do you have a build thred for your stage 2 weapon?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Slippery_When_Wet said:

Haha they are very fast out of the box stage 2 will be bonkers.

 

I have been looking onto the revo kit you can get for them for about 5k gets you upto 500bhp with a silly 0 to 60. Do you know anyone who has got the revo kit or anything like that?

 

Do you have a build thred for your stage 2 weapon?

 

I run Revo stage 2,

 

Don't have a build thread (yet), waiting for a load of stuff to arrive, at the moment mods I run are:

 

IE open intake

Racingline turbo muffler delete

Racingline rear brace

Revo intercooler (was going to be Do88 originally, but you can't run it with a big pipes kit on a 7 speed DSG - should be very clear the IC will fit, the pipes won't)

Tarox Supersport 360 front callipers, Tarox F2000 disks front and rear, Strada pads all round

TVS Stage 2+ DSG tune

 

I'm very happy with the Revo map as I know a lot of people on here are - in all honesty I went for it as there is a Revo authorised dealer about 10 mins down the road from my house.

 

 

20210313_125231.jpg

20210313_125254.jpg

20210313_125244.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Indemand said:

 

I run Revo stage 2,

 

Don't have a build thread (yet), waiting for a load of stuff to arrive, at the moment mods I run are:

 

IE open intake

Racingline turbo muffler delete

Racingline rear brace

Revo intercooler (was going to be Do88 originally, but you can't run it with a big pipes kit on a 7 speed DSG - should be very clear the IC will fit, the pipes won't)

Tarox Supersport 360 front callipers, Tarox F2000 disks front and rear, Strada pads all round

TVS Stage 2+ DSG tune

 

I'm very happy with the Revo map as I know a lot of people on here are - in all honesty I went for it as there is a Revo authorised dealer about 10 mins down the road from my house.

 

 

20210313_125231.jpg

20210313_125254.jpg

20210313_125244.jpg

I love the alloys in black they are beautiful. Thats what sold my car when i was looking for one. I had to have leathers and the dynamic chassis and i wanted one in blue as i fell in love with the Lapiz no idea why i have always have black or silver cars my whole life. 

 

I had a set of Tarox brakes on my old Mk4 GTI and my mk4 r32 i swear by them they never let me down i just had discs on my gti but on my r32 i had the full big brake kit.  

 

Do you have any pictures of the engine bay i do love to see a nice engine bay hehe.

 

Love the car so sexy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Slippery_When_Wet said:

I love the alloys in black they are beautiful. Thats what sold my car when i was looking for one. I had to have leathers and the dynamic chassis and i wanted one in blue as i fell in love with the Lapiz no idea why i have always have black or silver cars my whole life. 

 

I had a set of Tarox brakes on my old Mk4 GTI and my mk4 r32 i swear by them they never let me down i just had discs on my gti but on my r32 i had the full big brake kit.  

 

Do you have any pictures of the engine bay i do love to see a nice engine bay hehe.

 

Love the car so sexy

 

Thanks!

 

I love the black alloys too but they get pretty manky pretty quickly. I don't have DCC - kind of glad that I'd have to fit a cancel kit once the coilovers arrive. Long term I'm intending on tracking the car, ergo the Tarox, but even on roads they are so much better, far more progressive feel. 

 

I'll get some engine pics at some stage, haven't really taken many so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Indemand said:

 

Thanks!

 

I love the black alloys too but they get pretty manky pretty quickly. I don't have DCC - kind of glad that I'd have to fit a cancel kit once the coilovers arrive. Long term I'm intending on tracking the car, ergo the Tarox, but even on roads they are so much better, far more progressive feel. 

 

I'll get some engine pics at some stage, haven't really taken many so far.

I wish i had the time and money to go on the track. Once i upgrade it a little i might go do a day on a track if I get the time but to be honest its my baby and i would probably worry about it far too much haha. 

 

Think I will keep it in perfect condition and do some tasteful modifications with the aesthetics and engine make it look a little evil and take it to do some shows. Always wanted a nice enough car to take to a show.

 

Let me know when you get some pictures i would love to see. I am in the middle of cleaning my car about to go give it a wash and wax

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Slippery_When_Wet said:

Think I will keep it in perfect condition and do some tasteful modifications with the aesthetics and engine make it look a little evil and take it to do some shows. Always wanted a nice enough car to take to a show.

 

I've thought about doing shows but it's being built as a track car, so not to track it would be heinous 😉

 

In all honesty expect to do damage at some point, just gotta make sure there is a repair budget.

 

Went out today for a spirited drive, first time I've really had it on national speed limit B roads in decent weather and it is terrifyingly quick - does get a bit of wheel hop and understeer so hoping the new kit will sort that out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Indemand said:

 

I've thought about doing shows but it's being built as a track car, so not to track it would be heinous 😉

 

In all honesty expect to do damage at some point, just gotta make sure there is a repair budget.

 

Went out today for a spirited drive, first time I've really had it on national speed limit B roads in decent weather and it is terrifyingly quick - does get a bit of wheel hop and understeer so hoping the new kit will sort that 

Haha i used to have a 480bhp wrx 2000 it was super ugly but it went like absolute stink and sounded like the world was going to end ( thats why got rid of it as i was waking up at 4am and i didn't want to be an asshole to my neighbours at that time going to work) It actually scared the crap out of me in the wet.

 

As soon as my tyres were getting a little worn it would hop  would worry about my dash cracking it got that bad First time it did oh my god. Its so much worse with 4 wheel drive that 2 wheel isn't it. Hopefully your kit gets it sorted and you get the extra traction needed. 

 

The weather has been beautiful today I made the most out of it and gave my baby a good wash and topped up the wax. Need to keep a couple of inch on the sodding thing to keep the swirls away the Lapiz blue seams to swirl for fun for some reason haha.

 

 

You can totally show a track car its a different style. I will be doing my brakes then engine before I do anything else I much prefer drooling over a huge snail and performance bits than aesthetics.

 

Just booked in next friday for a set of new tyres going for the pilot sport 4s as they have a deal where I can get them for just over 450 when I claim back the 100  for a full set of 4. What tyres do you like? I have always liked the pilots sports they have been brilliant 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Slippery_When_Wet said:

Haha i used to have a 480bhp wrx 2000 it was super ugly but it went like absolute stink and sounded like the world was going to end ( thats why got rid of it as i was waking up at 4am and i didn't want to be an asshole to my neighbours at that time going to work) It actually scared the crap out of me in the wet.

 

As soon as my tyres were getting a little worn it would hop  would worry about my dash cracking it got that bad First time it did oh my god. Its so much worse with 4 wheel drive that 2 wheel isn't it. Hopefully your kit gets it sorted and you get the extra traction needed. 

 

The weather has been beautiful today I made the most out of it and gave my baby a good wash and topped up the wax. Need to keep a couple of inch on the sodding thing to keep the swirls away the Lapiz blue seams to swirl for fun for some reason haha.

 

 

You can totally show a track car its a different style. I will be doing my brakes then engine before I do anything else I much prefer drooling over a huge snail and performance bits than aesthetics.

 

Just booked in next friday for a set of new tyres going for the pilot sport 4s as they have a deal where I can get them for just over 450 when I claim back the 100  for a full set of 4. What tyres do you like? I have always liked the pilots sports they have been brilliant 

 

The wheel hop isn't that bad, the road surface was pretty poor in places and off-camber. May have been going a wee bit fast for the situation too - all within the limit of course 😁

 

I've got Continental contact sport 6 - already fitted when I bought the car, had it from just over 4000 mioes. I had them factory fitted when I got my Type R FK2 as well and have never really liked them - the type R ate them in around 6,000 miles and I never felt that they had the same amount of grip as the pilot sport 4s - will be switching to them once this set is dead, just can't justify wasting what is actually pretty good rubber, just not to my taste.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Indemand said:

 

The wheel hop isn't that bad, the road surface was pretty poor in places and off-camber. May have been going a wee bit fast for the situation too - all within the limit of course 😁

 

I've got Continental contact sport 6 - already fitted when I bought the car, had it from just over 4000 mioes. I had them factory fitted when I got my Type R FK2 as well and have never really liked them - the type R ate them in around 6,000 miles and I never felt that they had the same amount of grip as the pilot sport 4s - will be switching to them once this set is dead, just can't justify wasting what is actually pretty good rubber, just not to my taste.

That's whats on my car it must be what VW put on them maybe. I have done the dame used them up then putting on the ps4s. Glad to hear you use them as well. I have only heard good things about them so far i had the ps3 on my last r32 and loved them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Slippery_When_Wet said:

That's whats on my car it must be what VW put on them maybe. I have done the dame used them up then putting on the ps4s. Glad to hear you use them as well. I have only heard good things about them so far i had the ps3 on my last r32 and loved them.

 

I'm almost sad that the golf seems much kinder on its tyres than the Type R I assume as a result of having more traction. And if I suggest changing them before they are dead...well, I can see the unimpressed look now 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Indemand said:

 

I'm almost sad that the golf seems much kinder on its tyres than the Type R I assume as a result of having more traction. And if I suggest changing them before they are dead...well, I can see the unimpressed look now 😉

I am lucky i am single so don't have to worry about unimpressed looks haha.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...