DCC. Is it a must have with 19s?

I have it on mine and the one thing that makes a massive difference is when you drive down country lanes where the road surface is poor you can feel the crashing on the suspension when in race mode. When you put it in comfort that same peice of tarmac feels like it has just been resurfaced, such is the difference. I have my individual mode all set up on race except the suspension which is in comfort and the traction plus feedback makes it a joy to drive.

Personally, I’d say it’s a must have if you’ve got 19s. I’m convinced that DCC has saved my Pretorias on some of the potholed roads near me - plus DCC isn’t just about comfort - they’re active dampers if I remember rightly so I think they adjust according to your cornering speeds, body roll etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At the price, compared to other options, its a no brainer really given the very tangible and felt difference it makes, and remember its active not passive, so ongoing adjustment to road conditions is again very felt (or not felt! given it does it so well) 

Didn’t have DCC on my mk7 R and thought the ride was relatively comfortable, didn’t struggle pushing on either without  the option of firming it up.

Have it on my current Cupra and it’s a marginally softer ride.

It would boil down to cost and if it took it over the tax bracket I’d probably pass.

Haven't tried DCC but I've got 19's without it and although the car is firm I wouldn't say its bad. It really does depend on what you are used to and what your suspension tolerance is. There are plenty of people that will say my car is too firm and there are plenty who will say its pretty comfortable overall. Just depends on you as a person. 

I have 19s and DCC. I reckon it certainly helps at least to protect the rims of you anticipate poor surfaces. However, experience tells me that it’s usually the first one that’ll break the rim and give you a full on heart attack in which case you probably haven’t used the flexibility of changing to a softer option and once it’s broken it won’t matter......Now sort that conundrum out if you can..... Sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you've never had it you probably won't miss it. I had a 7.5 gti performance without it and was happy enough with the ride quality although I nearly spec'd it. Have it on my TCR and must say it's a must have. It would be the first box I always tick from now on. Coming in July, new R with DCC, performance pack etc. You won't regret it as depending on the road surface you will adjust it. I have all settings in sport except for dampers in comfort most of the time so I have the best throttle response. Basically what is the nurburg mode I think