What have you bought for your 8R?

1 hour ago, JaseW said:

Just popped to VW and ordered a warning triangle. Parts geezer said there were 4 left at the factory and therefore should be here tomorrow or Saturday. 

Good you managed to snag one Jase.  You've reminded me mine's waiting to be picked up from dealership - will pop in on Sat.   

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Treated the car to Gtechniq CSU with Exo through Nathan @ Cambridge Autogleam. Shame it had to rain on collection day (yesterday) so it’s now got a right dirty bum and I can’t wash it for a week. Will

Got rid of those nasty Bridgestones and Swapped them for Michelin ps4. Costco is are doing an amazing deal At the moment ,Got them fitted balanced for only £73 a tyre.

Time for a new 8R thread!     Share your 8R purchases here, big or small, medium or minuscule.     To kick off......a mini one.   Following the footrest cover, made another

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

Good you managed to snag one Jase.  You've reminded me mine's waiting to be picked up from dealership - will pop in on Sat.   

Is Medway your local? 

Yes best go collect that before your dealer sends it up to my local one so I can have it haha 

1 minute ago, JaseW said:

Is Medway your local? 

Yes best go collect that before your dealer sends it up to my local one so I can have it haha 

Haha!  Hands off my red triangle!   No JCB Medway isn’t my local, I’m about 30 miles east of them so ordered it from my local dealership which is only a couple miles away from me.  I buy cars from JCB Medway (via DTD) and then my local do everything else - servicing, parts etc, except I got Haldex servicing (on mk7) done at Medway as they do the filter clean and my local don’t.   

1 hour ago, JonD999 said:

I think part No 8K0860251 also fits, a lot cheaper if you look on fleabay, unfortunately I won’t be able to check fitment for quite some time

I hope it does. - £48 for the latest variant is nothing short of daylight robbery. VW should be wearing masks !!

Another purchase today 🤦‍♂️

Set of lockwood Sill Protectors. 

I also have over £100 worth of products in my 'cleanyourcar' basket 😬

James needs to take my deposit off me asap before I spend it all......

Ghost fitting being booked in later too.....

Oh and buy GAP......

1 hour ago, JaseW said:

Another purchase today 🤦‍♂️

Set of lockwood Sill Protectors. 

I also have over £100 worth of products in my 'cleanyourcar' basket 😬

James needs to take my deposit off me asap before I spend it all......

Ghost fitting being booked in later too.....

Oh and buy GAP......

Why are the Cleanyourcar products still in the basket?!  Press ‘Buy’. 😁

Who are you going with for GAP Jase.  There’s the ALA discount code MSE25 if you’re going with them. 

6 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

Why are the Cleanyourcar products still in the basket?!  Press ‘Buy’. 😁

Who are you going with for GAP Jase.  There’s the ALA discount code MSE25 if you’re going with them. 

Haha I will wait until i have bought the GAP/train tickets etc first before committing to buying the cleaning products.... As you know the R is going in for its ceramic coating etc on the 24th so not in any rush for these products just yet....

I will be using ALA and have the code ta just need the collection date then i will sort the GAP out. 👍

And stop making me buy things!🤣

Tried hard to resist but after seeing all the items posted here decided to splash out on Aliexpress and have now received the gloss black mirrors, foot rest & decided to give the sun glasses holder a go. Also ordered the key cover so hopefully will arrive soon as my car is due to arrive in 7-10 days 😁

https://postimg.cc/jDcMKZ3p

Now to resist ordering a gas strut & spare wheel 😂

1 hour ago, Croz89 said:

Tried hard to resist but after seeing all the items posted here decided to splash out on Aliexpress and have now received the gloss black mirrors, foot rest & decided to give the sun glasses holder a go. Also ordered the key cover so hopefully will arrive soon as my car is due to arrive in 7-10 days 😁

https://postimg.cc/jDcMKZ3p

Now to resist ordering a gas strut & spare wheel 😂

I need to order the foot rest too.

I’m tempted by these in black 

http://£22.22 25% Off | 8pcs For VW GOLF 8 MK8 Car Door Sill Protector Trim Plate Guard Edge Scuff Pedal Sticker Accessories 2020 2021 https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNzlxQH

On 09/06/2021 at 13:18, JonD999 said:

very nice, how does it compare to you RS3

Very tame on the noise front so far...although I've not really put the new car into Race mode yet. The RS3 with the RS Exhaust was just ASBO and people will turn around to see you coming from a mile away...which we loved! :D

However tech wise this car is from another planet compared to what the 8V had....still getting used to the routine of switching things off on start up. 

We never liked the "clunkiness" of the DQ500 box in the RS3 rom new. This 8R is soooo smooth its unreal. And it doesn't have any creaks (touch wood) so that's good. 

The leather seats are very nice...better than the Supersports we had in the RS3 i say. 

Overall though we like this 8R a lot :)  (Photobomb in the Gallery coming up...)