What have you bought for your 8R?

Booth11

On 20/10/2022 at 15:08, Booth11 said:

Ahead of a little road trip, packed the holy trinity of bodily fluids for the car.  Already had the coolant but picked up a litre of oil and some screenwash from VW today. 

CC293EEC-8EFA-43E3-9D01-08699B6333AF.thumb.jpeg.fe35c2b1158b7f9ffaefc474f38beb7e.jpeg

Where u going Becs? 

Had a quick peak and sat in new black 8R at Taunton VW today. Loved the seats !

Nice spec but too expensive at £46k

Extras were sunroof, HK, Sunroof, 19” wheels, rear cam. Done 220 miles with first owner (car collector) hence VW paid over list hence price.

They weren’t impressed Motorfinity are discounting 20th Ann R cheaper than there own stock car  at £41k.

Nice example though:

8AAA342C-1106-4B96-B02D-AFA1164B78DF.jpeg

DCD16845-21C9-43E0-9038-0ACD7DB166DA.jpeg

On 24/10/2022 at 00:59, Msportman said:

Where u going Becs? 

Had a quick peak and sat in new black 8R at Taunton VW today. Loved the seats !

Nice spec but too expensive at £46k

Extras were sunroof, HK, Sunroof, 19” wheels, rear cam. Done 220 miles with first owner (car collector) hence VW paid over list hence price.

They weren’t impressed Motorfinity are discounting 20th Ann R cheaper than there own stock car  at £41k.

Nice example though:

8AAA342C-1106-4B96-B02D-AFA1164B78DF.jpeg

DCD16845-21C9-43E0-9038-0ACD7DB166DA.jpeg

I’m up in the Lakes Ian. Having a fab time.  Great driving! 

That looks a stunning car but its a lot for a used car even with very low miles compared to a brand new R20.  I’m not surprised the dealership is a bit miffed at the Motorfinity discount but that’s business and there’s long been brokers offering hefty discounts.  

Wonder why the owner only had it 220 miles, maybe they rejected it?  Or sold it early to make the most of the high used prices?  

On 25/10/2022 at 07:50, Booth11 said:

I’m up in the Lakes Ian. Having a fab time.  Great driving! 

That looks a stunning car but its a lot for a used car even with very low miles compared to a brand new R20.  I’m not surprised the dealership is a bit miffed at the Motorfinity discount but that’s business and there’s long been brokers offering hefty discounts.  

Wonder why the owner only had it 220 miles, maybe they rejected it?  Or sold it early to make the most of the high used prices?  

Apparently he has a collection of cars

and makes money flipping cars.

On 21/10/2022 at 17:09, golfcity said:

Ordered my PP spoiler on Monday via JCT Sheffield.  Lapiz blue/Black.  Two in stock in Germany.  Arrived today!  Asked them to fit it.  Sorry not able to post photos unless I'm missing something.  Can post codes from labels if anyone's interested.

How much did it cost? 😬

• 2 weeks later...

Haven’t bought it yet but am seriously considering

(they don’t ship to my geo, I sent them a message)

I was hoping it will make life easier for my son

when I pick him up and he puts his bag in the boot.

I just hope it doesn’t do the opposite.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284849681368

https://www.vw-retrofit.co.uk/product/golf-mk8-hatchback-boot-pop-up-kit/

Charles Shackelford (Humble Mechanic) wrote that he found it too hard to close, so he went back to originals.

5FDF809E-388E-4140-9F1F-DDB8F9E2A913.gif

Everyone are on about prop-rod-gate, but to me this seems a much more useful mod, since I open the boot almost daily, and the bonnet maybe once a month.

Also seems like an easy install, that doesn’t require to have anything moved (coolant hose) or disassembled (prop rod).

As far as I could tell, it is an aftermarket product made for VW (or Audi) that VW in some countries offer as OE (haven’t seen it in any EU dealer sites).

Somewhat like the HomeLink rear view mirror that are VW US branded aftermarket (with VW PN and all).

I’ll have a look and update once I find the original brand name.

It is a shame they don’t offer real plug&play VW camera, that can be controlled from the main screen, and show footage on it (and won’t require running wiring and memory sticks and apps).

used_audi_universal_traffic_re_161354503