Anybody else with a 8r or anything else with the ACC used it yet?

When mine is on ACC it picks the speed limit up and then thinks it’s in kph... so if I go from national to a 60 it anchors on the brakes down to 37mph. 60-50 it brakes to 30.

Hunted through every menu to alter this but can’t find it. Have I got a bug or am I missing something?

cheers 

9 minutes ago, evanstafford said:

Noticed earlier on mine that the sign recognition was showing as 90 on a national speed limit road, do you think that would be a valid defence, officer?

One on mine came up as 110 limit when it’s actually 50.  Not sure the police would be very sympathetic!  

• 4 weeks later...

We just got a 2021 Tiguan with travel assist (the advanced steering system). That system has thrown "unavailable" errors a few times and every single time it does that, ACC is still available but the bloody thing seems to default to safe mode. And safe mode is clearly set for Germany as the speed limits are read as KPH, like the issue you have, and it won't let us overtake traffic on dual carriageways as it things we're undertaking. Basically becomes unusable until the cars switched off.

I read a Throttle House review of the ID3 and that has the same issue. Its a global VW bug and needs sorting. Really annoys me that there is no manual override for left/right hand traffic (as their is for the adaptive lights) and no option to turn off traffic sign recognition which is just stupid. So glad my R is just vanilla ACC.

11 hours ago, Rex2017 said:

We just got a 2021 Tiguan with travel assist (the advanced steering system). That system has thrown "unavailable" errors a few times and every single time it does that, ACC is still available but the bloody thing seems to default to safe mode. And safe mode is clearly set for Germany as the speed limits are read as KPH, like the issue you have, and it won't let us overtake traffic on dual carriageways as it things we're undertaking. Basically becomes unusable until the cars switched off.

I read a Throttle House review of the ID3 and that has the same issue. Its a global VW bug and needs sorting. Really annoys me that there is no manual override for left/right hand traffic (as their is for the adaptive lights) and no option to turn off traffic sign recognition which is just stupid. So glad my R is just vanilla ACC.

yeah I think mine as the same issues. Won’t overtake vehicles to its nearside on motorways. Don’t do much motorway work to be honest but it’s annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve got an Octavia vRS with travel assist.  Does exactly the same.  Randomly changes to read signs in kph and anchors the brakes; tries to stop you from overtaking as it seems to think you are undertaking.  Most annoying.  

Definitely glitch on my travel assist with ACC on new R mm 8.... I get the 90 on same bit of 60mph limit road all the time plus the random speed adjustments that happen on 3 lane carriageways in particular!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you disable the speed sign detection when using ACC? I prefer to manage the speed myself ... there are many roads where I live where it would be dangerous to automatically brake down to the speed limit without checking traffic coming from behind

No - I was going to book it in after lockdown as I’ve not used it a lot and I hadn’t really pinpointed the issue, wether it was me, or possibly bends it was slowing for etc and I couldn’t recreate it easily. Weirdly it was worse In acc mode but then in travel assist mode it wouldn’t do it.

150 miles across country yesterday and it was brilliant , 150 back today and the bug came back and it was a nightmare. I had 110 limit signs on the dash, every time it saw a speed sign it broke down to the mph equivalent. As soon as I restarted it it was fine.

Will be booking it In tomorrow