Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just a quick update on my ACC... I have previously thought it was faulty as it refused to overtake vehicles to its near side. However I have just done 160 miles in it with the majority of it being motorway.

 

I had zero issues. I am guessing that when I set it before it was on a very busy motorway and I assumed it was the near side vehicles it had a problem with. But I noticed to today that if it thinks you are going to undertake a vehicle on the offside it begins to take speed off, basically it’s planning ahead. This is purely an assumption based on this trip.

 

Like I say it worked seamlessly today. In my option it’s not as good as my original mK7 GTI system as this new system seems to take a lot more information into account. I put the radar display on for some of the journey and it highlighted vehicle to the offside as you approach (if not you’re not in the outside lane).

 

Hope this makes sense.

 

At least I don’t need to get mine booked in for any updates. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darlo said:

Just a quick update on my ACC... I have previously thought it was faulty as it refused to overtake vehicles to its near side. However I have just done 160 miles in it with the majority of it being motorway.

 

I had zero issues. I am guessing that when I set it before it was on a very busy motorway and I assumed it was the near side vehicles it had a problem with. But I noticed to today that if it thinks you are going to undertake a vehicle on the offside it begins to take speed off, basically it’s planning ahead. This is purely an assumption based on this trip.

 

Like I say it worked seamlessly today. In my option it’s not as good as my original mK7 GTI system as this new system seems to take a lot more information into account. I put the radar display on for some of the journey and it highlighted vehicle to the offside as you approach (if not you’re not in the outside lane).

 

Hope this makes sense.

 

At least I don’t need to get mine booked in for any updates. 

The 7.5 does what I think you’re saying the 8R does.  If you’re in the left lane and you are catching a slower car sitting in the middle lane, it eases off and puts a graphic on the screen showing that car to your right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Martin2 said:

The 7.5 does what I think you’re saying the 8R does.  If you’re in the left lane and you are catching a slower car sitting in the middle lane, it eases off and puts a graphic on the screen showing that car to your right.


Yep sounds about right mate. I don’t recall my 7.5R doing it but with lockdown I bet I didn’t use the Acc in that for well over a year before it went back to VW. Getting old and forgetting stuff 🙌🏻😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Martin2 said:

The 7.5 does what I think you’re saying the 8R does.  If you’re in the left lane and you are catching a slower car sitting in the middle lane, it eases off and puts a graphic on the screen showing that car to your right.

 

I don't know if you poor unfortunates can do this with your Mk8s, but on the Mk7 there is a simple coding change for avoiding a right lane hog:

(13) Adaptive Cruise Control -- Long Coding -- Byte 02 -- Bit 5 ticked (overtaking_right_prevention -- active => deactivated)

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Chris7.5R said:

 

I don't know if you poor unfortunates can do this with your Mk8s, but on the Mk7 there is a simple coding change for avoiding a right lane hog:

(13) Adaptive Cruise Control -- Long Coding -- Byte 02 -- Bit 5 ticked (overtaking_right_prevention -- active => deactivated)

 

OBDEleven coding for the Mk 8 is coming later in the year 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chris7.5R said:

 

I don't know if you poor unfortunates can do this with your Mk8s, but on the Mk7 there is a simple coding change for avoiding a right lane hog:

(13) Adaptive Cruise Control -- Long Coding -- Byte 02 -- Bit 5 ticked (overtaking_right_prevention -- active => deactivated)

There is an even simpler solution, which I suspect will work on the MK8.....press the throttle pedal to maintain speed until you’re past the hogger!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/05/2021 at 17:01, Nink said:

No - I was going to book it in after lockdown as I’ve not used it a lot and I hadn’t really pinpointed the issue, wether it was me, or possibly bends it was slowing for etc and I couldn’t recreate it easily. Weirdly it was worse In acc mode but then in travel assist mode it wouldn’t do it.

 

150 miles across country yesterday and it was brilliant , 150 back today and the bug came back and it was a nightmare. I had 110 limit signs on the dash, every time it saw a speed sign it broke down to the mph equivalent. As soon as I restarted it it was fine.

 

Will be booking it In tomorrow 

Booked mine in...dealer was able to replicate the fault with Travel Assist, but no fix.   Apparently had to refer the matter to the factory and awaiting a reply.  I expect months to pass....sigh.  

 

I have had periods where it works absolutely fine, and then periods where it goes bonkers swapping to mph and kph repeatedly, or staying with kph for most of the journey.  I just turn off the automatic speed adjustment now.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t like automatic speed adjustment, so it’s turned off in my car.  In my BMW you could set either a % or mph figure over/under the limit which wasn’t too bad (still had it switched off) but in my current car you can only set a mph figure.  I know the correct answer is to stick to the limit, but an extra 5mph (for example....) is fine on the motorway, but not in a 30mph limit.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Current Donation Goals

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...