Jump to content

Mk8R members’ cars photo gallery


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Scudgie said:

Car arrived first thing this morning with just 10 miles on the clock..... straight forward handover and car is faultless. Happy days!!

 

Then the Primary User palaver....... still traumatisedby that experience so forgive me if I pretend it never happened.  

 

Managed to get out in her this afternoon and, whilst I kept everything at a low tempo, this is a fantastic car to drive. Loved it and in Comfort mode it is so effortless. 

 

There is so much to learn and understand about the car and its features. It's not something you can just get in and drive. Having said that, I found the voice control very handy and Android Auto too - once I realised what I was doing wrong. The HK sound is impressive. But I agree with everyone else...... the lane assist is a real pain in the derriere.

 

Never once accidentally activated the heating steering wheel but, bizarrely, it was super toasty at one point. However,  pressing the button resulted in the message that I had turned it on. Very odd.

 

Just a quick picture before I get her detailed on Thursday. 

 

 

 

 

 

20210525_200234.jpg


Looks great!  You’ll hopefully soon get to grips with all the tech stuff and it’s idiosyncrasies!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At the drinking hole.......again!  😂  

Something white for a change 😋  

Time to balance up this thread with some Deep Black Pearl with "look at me" Performance Pack...here comes Darth Vadar!  

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Booth11 said:


Looks great!  You’ll hopefully soon get to grips with all the tech stuff and it’s idiosyncrasies!  

Thanks and, you're right, it's just something that will take time.

 

I forgot to mention...... this is my first Golf R and I absolutely love the Lapiz Blue. So glad I chose this colour.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Scudgie said:

Thanks and, you're right, it's just something that will take time.

 

I forgot to mention...... this is my first Golf R and I absolutely love the Lapiz Blue. So glad I chose this colour.


congrats.... best colour 😃😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been just over two months since I put my order in and today my new Golf R was delivered! 

 

My first impressions of the car are I would say extremely positive...

 

Firstly, I would note - as others have alluded - that you really have to see the Golf R in person to fully appreciate it. The sharp creases and even just the shape of the car don't carry as well in photos in my opinion and it really is one of those cars that ultimately looks even better in person. 

 

I've come from a 2015 Audi S3 and so the interior is a big step up and really made my S3's look dated! I've had no issues with the Infotainment system so far, though I can see why some people find it a little less than intuitive. Nothing that can't be remedied with a few days' or weeks' experience of it, though.

 

I'm trying to run it in relatively gently, but have had a few runs in Race mode - great sound even without the Akra exhaust in my opinion; and the occasional pop/bang is bound to put a smile on your face. This is the first DSG gearbox I've had and I suppose my only criticism would be that it does seem to have a tendency to pick gears which labour the engine occasionally when cruising along. Of course this can be overridden but I do wonder if this is in common with other DSG cars.

 

I think it's worth a special mention for the haptic buttons on the steering wheel. I had been worried by their supposed sensitivity to accidental pressing, as noted in numerous reviews. However, in practice I don't think this is as big an issue as it has been made out (albeit I'm saying that from my single day's experience). Most of the buttons still require an element of force to activate them and all the while I was driving (holding the wheel at quarter to three position) it didn't even feel at risk of an accidental press.

Edit.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, mek said:

It's been just over two months since I put my order in and today my new Golf R was delivered! 

 

My first impressions of the car are I would say extremely positive...

 

Firstly, I would note - as others have alluded - that you really have to see the Golf R in person to fully appreciate it. The sharp creases and even just the shape of the car don't carry as well in photos in my opinion and it really is one of those cars that ultimately looks even better in person. 

 

I've come from a 2015 Audi S3 and so the interior is a big step up and really made my S3's look dated! I've had no issues with the Infotainment system so far, though I can see why some people find it a little less than intuitive. Nothing that can't be remedied with a few days' or weeks' experience of it, though.

 

I'm trying to run it in relatively gently, but have had a few runs in Race mode - great sound even without the Akra exhaust in my opinion; and the occasional pop/bang is bound to put a smile on your face. This is the first DSG gearbox I've had and I suppose my only criticism would be that it does seem to have a tendency to pick gears which labour the engine occasionally when cruising along. Of course this can be overridden but I do wonder if this is in common with other DSG cars.

 

I think it's worth a special mention for the haptic buttons on the steering wheel. I had been worried by their supposed sensitivity to accidental pressing, as noted in numerous reviews. However, in practice I don't think this is as big an issue as it has been made out (albeit I'm saying that from my single day's experience). Most of the buttons still require an element of force to activate them and all the while I was driving (holding the wheel at quarter to three position) it didn't even feel at risk of an accidental press.

Edit.png

 

Looks awesome - ive ordered the same, cant wait!

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, mek said:

It's been just over two months since I put my order in and today my new Golf R was delivered! 

 

My first impressions of the car are I would say extremely positive...

 

Firstly, I would note - as others have alluded - that you really have to see the Golf R in person to fully appreciate it. The sharp creases and even just the shape of the car don't carry as well in photos in my opinion and it really is one of those cars that ultimately looks even better in person. 

 

I've come from a 2015 Audi S3 and so the interior is a big step up and really made my S3's look dated! I've had no issues with the Infotainment system so far, though I can see why some people find it a little less than intuitive. Nothing that can't be remedied with a few days' or weeks' experience of it, though.

 

I'm trying to run it in relatively gently, but have had a few runs in Race mode - great sound even without the Akra exhaust in my opinion; and the occasional pop/bang is bound to put a smile on your face. This is the first DSG gearbox I've had and I suppose my only criticism would be that it does seem to have a tendency to pick gears which labour the engine occasionally when cruising along. Of course this can be overridden but I do wonder if this is in common with other DSG cars.

 

I think it's worth a special mention for the haptic buttons on the steering wheel. I had been worried by their supposed sensitivity to accidental pressing, as noted in numerous reviews. However, in practice I don't think this is as big an issue as it has been made out (albeit I'm saying that from my single day's experience). Most of the buttons still require an element of force to activate them and all the while I was driving (holding the wheel at quarter to three position) it didn't even feel at risk of an accidental press.

Edit.png

Loving the white! I couldn’t agree with you more about the infotainment system  and steering wheel buttons, I find them no trouble whatsoever!

 

the lane assist thing also doesn’t trouble me that much. 
 

I came from an S3 also (I’ve had 4 of them ) and I much prefer the new infotainment system. Yes, it has gremlins at the moment, but being in IT I’m used to new systems having bugs. I don’t think it’s that bad, certainly nothing to put you off buying one, and much better than my 2018 model S3!

 

Enjoy the car, I’m loving mine 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, mek said:

It's been just over two months since I put my order in and today my new Golf R was delivered! 

 

My first impressions of the car are I would say extremely positive...

 

Firstly, I would note - as others have alluded - that you really have to see the Golf R in person to fully appreciate it. The sharp creases and even just the shape of the car don't carry as well in photos in my opinion and it really is one of those cars that ultimately looks even better in person. 

 

I've come from a 2015 Audi S3 and so the interior is a big step up and really made my S3's look dated! I've had no issues with the Infotainment system so far, though I can see why some people find it a little less than intuitive. Nothing that can't be remedied with a few days' or weeks' experience of it, though.

 

I'm trying to run it in relatively gently, but have had a few runs in Race mode - great sound even without the Akra exhaust in my opinion; and the occasional pop/bang is bound to put a smile on your face. This is the first DSG gearbox I've had and I suppose my only criticism would be that it does seem to have a tendency to pick gears which labour the engine occasionally when cruising along. Of course this can be overridden but I do wonder if this is in common with other DSG cars.

 

I think it's worth a special mention for the haptic buttons on the steering wheel. I had been worried by their supposed sensitivity to accidental pressing, as noted in numerous reviews. However, in practice I don't think this is as big an issue as it has been made out (albeit I'm saying that from my single day's experience). Most of the buttons still require an element of force to activate them and all the while I was driving (holding the wheel at quarter to three position) it didn't even feel at risk of an accidental press.

Edit.png


Car looks superb mek, glad to hear you’re pleased with it. They do really need to been seen in the flesh to fully appreciate.  
 

@DickyS3 I really don’t get all this negativity about the haptics at all especially the steering wheel controls.  Laggy screens fair enough can be frustrating and the tech gremlins but the haptics and controls are fine.  You just need quality time with it all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Booth11 said:


Car looks superb mek, glad to hear you’re pleased with it. They do really need to been seen in the flesh to fully appreciate.  
 

@DickyS3 I really don’t get all this negativity about the haptics at all especially the steering wheel controls.  Laggy screens fair enough can be frustrating and the tech gremlins but the haptics and controls are fine.  You just need quality time with it all. 

It’s crazy. After reading all the reviews I was getting worried about the infotainment system, steering wheel, lane assist, haptics etc. 

These issues are so trivial when you get the car. And the positives definitely outway the negatives!

 

My S3 was rock solid, however I’d take the golf infotainment system and quirks any day. These bugs will get fixed pretty soon. 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DickyS3 said:

It’s crazy. After reading all the reviews I was getting worried about the infotainment system, steering wheel, lane assist, haptics etc. 

These issues are so trivial when you get the car. And the positives definitely outway the negatives!

 

My S3 was rock solid, however I’d take the golf infotainment system and quirks any day. These bugs will get fixed pretty soon. 👍


I had a long stint in mine today and not a single issue with the infotainment or controls, and I have to say this was the most comfortable journey I’ve had for many years.  I’ve always found my various Golfs good on the comfort front but the seats in the 8R are notably more comfy than the mk7.  It made a 5 hour journey feel like half that.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Speedy27 said:

Just love this car and the colour. Had it 24hrs and it had to have a little wash and detail done. Nice welcome when getting in the car too when it pings up your forum name.

20210529_211336.jpg

20210528_054608.jpg


Haha, love your welcome message!  And the rest of the car.  😎

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

@Chungster  Stunning car!  Great pics!  Someone’s had a great photo shoot!  😎

Actually cheated a bit ...not used my cameras for ages and over compensated on the ISO front big time. Had to do some editing to make them more acceptable. 😬 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Current Donation Goals

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...